Lacura Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream

Lacura Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream
Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream

4.4

Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Clyceryl Stearate Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phospholipids, Ubiquinone, Propylene Glycol, Soybean Oil, Wheat Germ Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Carrgeenan Extract, Soybean Germ Extract, Retinol, Avocado Oil Unsaponifiables, Safflower Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Tocopherol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid.

on 6/24/2014 2:43:00 PM

I bought this as a short term use night cream when I ran out of my usual, much more expensive brand and was awaiting a new delivery. I didn't expect much for the price (a massive 2 from Aldi!) but I was pretty impressed with some of the ingredients (retinol for one). I have to say this night cream is very effective. It has a lovely rich texture and despite the fact it contains some perfume, this doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. It provides excellent moisturisation without feeling greasy. For the price, this is an excellent choice if you are on a budget as it is one of the better creams I have used in this price range.

on 6/2/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

After my Mum almost got tricked into paying $180 for an anti-wrinkle cream at a local show, I dragged her away from the sales assistant and told her to leave it with me.
Much research lead me to this cheap-as-chips Aldi brand cream and what a gem! I have only been using this for just under 3 weeks but I am noticing some subtle changes already. I was a little too heavy-handed the first few days and I noticed a few little pimples forming so I just concentrate around my areas of concern now (around my eyes, outer corners of lips, between my eyebrows.) My skin tone is evening out and the fine lines in those problem areas seem to be slightly less noticeable. My Mum has no problems with any breakouts, so she just lathers up and has had a similar result (she's in love.)
I'm curious if there has been a formula change in terms of fragrance since first being released as I don't notice any particularly strong smell, contrary to some previous reviews.
My only concern with the packaging is that I understand Retinol can lose it's effectiveness when exposed to light so perhaps an opaque pump dispenser would be more practical than the current glass jar.
I am very interested to see how this performs long-term! My Mum, myself and now my Nana aswell will definitely be repurchasing this!
Edit: 6 months later - still a great cream but I gave Neutrogena Ageless Intensives a try due to the fact it is in a sealed, opaque squeeze tube so I felt it was better for the Retinol. I use the Lacura one on my chest and neck but will probably just eventually go all Neutrogena due to convenience.

on 4/2/2014 8:01:00 PM

I stumbled across this in my local Aldi (seems to be in a red jar in Oz). For $AU4 is seems to be perfect! Rich & moisturising but not oily. Smells nice and soaks in quickly. No breakouts at all and I definitely feel my skin looks better already (I'm about the start 2nd jar of this). I use nightly so one jar has lasted about 2 months. Ingredients seem typical of similar other brands and I am reassured by it being made in Germany. I doubt it's the holy grail of night creams but I would definitely recommend it to others as an alternative to the ridiculously expensive stuff out there.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Have been using this for over a week, feels good, has helped my dry skin. Smells nice. Have yet to see if this has any effect on my wrinkles.

on 3/2/2014 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this. It is a very light cream, definitely has fragrance, but doesn't irritate my fairly sensitive skin at all. I use it faithfully and use the day cream every morning. No dry patches to be found on this face and I've had more than one compliment on how young I look (turned 50 this year). Definitely worth a try, ladies. I buy it at Aldi for $4 a jar. Serious bargain!!

Well - most pleasantly surprised by this :) Yes its inexpensive; yes it is HIGHLY fragranced; yes, my skin loves it = nicely moisturized w/out being greasy/heavy, but not too light either. Does it work as well as say Avene Eluage? Based upon ingredients alone, it can't. (Research difference between retinaldehyde in Eluage vs retinol in Lacura= there is a great article on skinacea.com and no I am not affiliated). But it certainly is much better that not using any retinol product at all and when I compared w/ say Neutrogena''s products, this worked as well and is WAAAAYYY cheaper.

I will definitely keep this in my regular rotation and alternate between this and Avene = nice cost savings vs using my Avene every or every other night.

Also, I HATE the glass jar, but I can overlook that for the product and the price :)

on 11/2/2013 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I like this as a moisturizer.

It is very hydrating yet not greasy and i find it sinks in quickly. I also enjoy the soft scent. I really don't feel like this has many anti aging benefits.

It has not improved any soft fine lines or brightened my face or anything. I just think this is a very nice moisturizer, but if your looking to fight signs of aging look elsewhere.

on 11/1/2013 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have very dry sensitive skin, but still break out with a lot of products, especially cheaper ones that use mineral oil. This is not a holy grail product for my extra dry skin, as frankly, my skin felt tight and dry in the morning after using it alone. By day two it was seriously dry and tight and itchy, even with a serum underneath. I think this would be a great product if you have normal skin or are 30-40, but it did not work for me at all. ON the plus side, it did NOT break me out, so if you have normal to normal/dry skin I'd try it.

on 10/21/2013 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

LOVE this stuff.I gave it 4 stars only because of the packaging. I do not like jars. Good way to spread bacteria. If it were in a pump it'd be perfect.

on 10/3/2013 3:14:00 PM

Ok so I read the reviews and went and out bought it and yes loved it. refines my skin and reduces my fine lines. teamed with boots no.7 protect intense serum it is seriously good. I was guilty of thinking it was just a copy of the Nivea Q10 night but it's far better. The Nivea is heavier and I never saw any difference. lacura scent is not far off the classic Nivea but the retinol is probably what delivers the results as the Q10 doesn't convince me much from the Nivea range alone. I urge you to give it a go.