Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.6

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 12/11/2008 2:54:00 PM

I've tried quite a few moisturizers from drug store bands to higher end, and this is by far the best. My skin has never looked better since I started using this product! The only thing I don't love about it is the smell. It doesn't smell horrible, but it's not the greatest scent out there. Definitely a must have product!

on 11/16/2008 2:55:00 PM

I have only been able to use this product once. I just could not get over the smell! I actually had to put something else over this to try to mask the smell because it was making me sick to my stomach. If you are sensitive to smells (and I am not), please steer clear from this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I found this cream awful. I had high expectations about it, but I found it totally useless.
It doesn't moisturize, and smells not nice. I felt my skin sticky after applying it, but not moisturized. Horrible, really. Good thing I got the smallest jar (0.5 oz.) and it is about finishing. Would never repurchase.

on 9/11/2008 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I had an awful experience with this product. I decided to try this because I had heard a lot of good things about it, and that it could make your skin really soft. Well, for the first couple days it did. However, after these two days I had literally the worst breakout I have ever had! I think I am still suffering the affects of Hope in a Jar. I promptly returned it to Sephora and will never, ever purchase again. Also, the packaging is really bad. You have to stick your fingers in it which is really unsanitary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this moisturizer to see if it would give me that "rosy" glow and so far, it's been doing fairly well. My skin tone has evened out and it's light - light enough for me to slather on some sunscreen on top of it during the day. The smell was "interesting", but after a while I got used to it. It has been successful in keeping my eczema at bay, so I am definitely not complaining. It's a great moisturizer for summer/fall, but for me at least, not enough during the cold winter months.

on 8/14/2008 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hope in a Jar is the perfect moisturizer for my dry skin. It is so lightweight but really gives my skin the moisture it needs. It never feels greasy and it just sinks right into my skin. Some don't like the smell but to me it just smells clean. I don't like having to put my finger in the jar to apply it and I really wish it was in a squeeze tube to keep it sanitary but I love it so much I will never stop using it and I have used it for many years now.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product unfortunately broke me out I believe but I am still figuring it out. It's too thick and I can feel it clogging my pores. Luckily i have dry skin so my break outs never get too bad. However, I like that it's in a small tub to put in my purse and great for my neck and the sides of my face coz they get really dry and I never break out there. That's the only reason I would buy it again. Packaging got a two because there was this paper thing in the jar that got stuck wiht the lotion and it was a mess to clean that up.

Don't put it on where you break out easily. My chin started getting pimples after I was using it on a few weeks. I actually like the smell of it.

on 7/10/2008 12:40:00 AM

There was a time I thought this was the best moisturizer ever made. I used it religiously every a.m. and p.m. and my skin looked amazing for months. Then it turned on me, or my skin turned on it, and I started breaking out badly. I stopped using it (and their face wash, which is very overrated) and my skin came back to normal. I thought maybe it was coincidence or something I ate that perhaps caused an allergic reaction, so I tried it again. Within two days my skin went crazy again so I sadly gave it away to a friend. I gave it 3 lips b/c it did make my skin look beautiful for a while and the texture is divine. But something is weird about it and I'm afraid to use it again. They really have to find a better package, too. A big tub is so yesterday, lets too much oxygen in there. Also, the company was sold and then the price went up $5. Nothing much, of course, but I resented it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Even if this were the best darn moisturizer ever, I would never use it again because of the smell, which is like rotting plastic and does *not* dissipate. I'm going to have to wash my face as soon as I get home or I'm sure the boyfriend will complain. I would. It's the stinkiest product I've ever used.
But it's not even the best moisturizer ever. Not even close! My face has felt greasy all day. I went barefaced thank goodness, because if I hadn't, I'm sure my makeup would be sliding right off. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

With all of the hype associated with this product (magazines, television, even Oprah!), I was expecting a fabulous moisturizer.

This moisturizer was way too greasy for my combination sensitive skin! Plus, the smell is terrible (very medicinal, almost rancid). I prefer a moisturizer without fragrance, so I'm not comparing this to floral/fruity moisturizers.

I tried this back when I was in high school and didn't like it. My skin has matured a bit, so I gave it another try a couple of years ago. I still don't care for it.