Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.7

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 10/24/2011 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and this product did go on smoothly and I woke up to moisturized skin. I know this isn't an eye cream but this product did make my eyes sting. I've used other creams that were not "eye creams" and they did not sting when applied near my eyes. Although product did moisturize and felt nice on my face, I absolutely HATED the smell. It smells like metal, and even my boyfriend noticed the foul smell. I don't understand how a beauty product made for your face can smell like metal. I returned it after a week of religious use morning and night. I know that is not enough time to see results but I've used many products that were dirt cheap, moisturized well, and smelled amazing. This product did nothing to WOW me, I would not buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This crap fking smells disgusting!!! Also, this is horrible for sensitive skin and can't believe I slathered this all over my face before reading reviews on it. This made my eyes instantly red and watery within seconds and it stung my eye so badly I had to close it for a few seconds, and I didn't even put this on my eye area or close.. And this crap smells like sour burnt plastic garbage. To be honest, I don't even care about the result, the smell is fking horrible it makes me wanna puke... but sadly the smell is also on my hands now also...UGH!!! I have never hated a product so much like this one. Oh, and the consistensy is very runny and watery NOT luxurious at all and it doesn't moisturize well either, I use a generous amount and my skin feels tight after a few minutes. This stuff is pure trash, I mean it!!!! -.-

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample, thank goodness. The smell is simply horrible and very strong. Normally I don't even notice the scent of my moisturizer, so you know it must be strong if I even noticed it. The smell alone will keep me from ever purchasing it and being very careful about any philosophy products I use in future. As far as moisture goes, it did make my skin feel nice - moisturized and non greasy and soft but the smell makes it a deal breaker.

on 7/25/2011 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this cream.
Reason because is because it's not greasy. I use Nars Sheer Glow foundation which is a very moisturizing foundation, and I don't want another greasy layer of moisturizer underneath it. Hope is a very straight to the point moisturizer. I personally don't mind the scent, and I actually think it reminds me of something remotely citrusy.
It is pretty pricey. $78 canadian for the larger jar, but for me, a little goes a long way.
I just use this for a day cream, as for night, it's too thin.
I would repurchase this as it works well with my makeup, and doesnt contribute to any melting off of it haha.

on 6/16/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

EW!! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!

I was unable to take home samples of the Philosophy cleanser, and let the SA talk me into the $30 set of cleanser/retinol/moisturizer. First of all, I use tea tree/lavender oil in my homemade cleaners and that's the smell that hit me when I used the cleanser. Not good.

Retinol product, just pretentious.

But the Hope in a Jar, I had HIGH HOPES for it. But my gawd does this reek! As I'm sitting here typing this review, the occasional whiff of this craptacular moisturizer (IT IS WAXY!!) makes me sorry I didn't wash it off first. Headed to the sink right now, and taking this kit back.
Total waste of my time and money!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow what a disappointment! Thank god I didn't buy this. Someone from work gave this is to me after she had her wedding shower and she said she didn't like the smell of it. I tried it on and didn't think it was that bad and I thought my skin looked pretty good. After a couple days though, the smell really started to bother me and my skin started breaking out. Needless, to say I haven't used it since and I still have a half full jar of this stuff.

on 3/25/2011 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I don't get this product. So many ppl are raving abt how great it is - but I just don't get it. I bought it, used the entire jar and still don't get it. The mousse-like texture is a complete turn off; it's like paper-ish goo on my fingers and face as I apply it - kinda like applying rice paper or rice powder across my face. It doesn't give any kind of moisture and where my face is dry (I have a weird combination skin that acts up in the winter) it felt REALLY DRY and sooooooo dehydrated within 3 mins of applying this. Maybe it's just me and my weird skin but I'm definitely not buying this again or recommending to anyone except maybe my teenage daughter with PERFECT skin. (it gets 2 lippies because I just love Philosophy, the brand :p)

on 2/28/2011 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

I tried this product but it did nothing for me. Jar packaging is not the best packaging because it loses it potency once you open the jar and then the constant exposure to bacteria is there if you're using your fingers.

on 2/19/2011 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

felt great, smelled funny.... burned my sensative skin after two days. had to return it. too bad, I heard a lot off good things and I was excited to try! Oh well!

on 2/6/2011 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Within the first month of using this product, I got a lot of mixed results with it. At first when I used it, it made my face look shiny, but not exactly oily/greasy. It also felt rather heavy, but mostly only because I'm used to rather lightweight feeling moisturizers. I feel like I always had extra flakes of skin on my face, but they didn't feel like they were dry skin flakes. I eventually only started using this on certain parts of my skin, my one small patch of normal skin, and I'm really enjoying this product. I don't like this product for the dry or oily parts of my skin. It doesn't feel heavy anymore, nor does it make me shiny. The smell was rather odd to me when I first started using it, but it isn't unpleasant and I can't even smell it anymore unless I put my nose up to the jar or scoop some out. It's also calms redness on my skin.