Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types
Philosophy Hope in a Jar

2.7

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 2/10/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Started using Philosophy a few months ago. I have sensitive skin and can't use a lot of products so I purchased the kit to get started. The cleanser is ok, mild, does a good job. Hope in a Jar left my skin very red and was not emolient enough for me. I purchased HIAJ for Dry Skin. This was better and took care of the dryness, but after about 2 weeks, I noticed small red bumps and discontinued using the product.

on 2/5/2012 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just received a free jar of this from Sephora. The cost is insane so I never considered buying it. I have very sensitive skin and after 4 days I have yet to encounter any issues. I have some horrible small red dry patches, that IPL laser couldn't even get rid of, since I have been using this product those red spots are much less noticeable. The smell is very medical like and strong! The product also stings my eyes, although I am careful not to put it near them. My recommendation would be to use this at night only when the smell won't offend anyone else and you can keep your eyes closed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

can't see why the rating is so low;
lightweight non greasy daily standard moisturizer, absorbed quickly, light smell similar to steam cream.
no redness or itching except be careful not to get it near your eyes.
this has no anti aging, whitening, brightening or similar properties, just your good old moisture fix.
my skin is sensitive and redness prone, sometimes dry in winter, with oily t-zone in summer.
I bought a travel size on ebay for a good price, I'd repurchase for that or similar price certainly as I am a cheap girl lol.

on 1/29/2012 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

How does this product sell, at all? I got a sample of this (I think through Ulta) and one day decided to use it instead of my normal moisturizer. Immediately I noticed the God-awful gross smell. Not pleasant at all. For some reason, I went ahead and put it on my face. Ow! Burning, stinging, especially around my eyes (I didn't even use it on my eye area though- I think it was literally the scent of the product that was burning my eyes). After about 20 minutes of letting it remain on my skin, just trying to see how it worked, I just couldn't take it anymore- the persistent stinging, the smell, etc. I washed it off. Lo and behold, the next day I had a couple of pimples...! Coincidence? I can't say for certain, of course, but holy hell, this stuff is awful.

on 1/27/2012 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
Doesn't smell bad
Good for winter
glow/ could be confusing this for oily looking
Cons:
A bit too thick
Leaves a heavy feeling
Ingredients may not be great for sensitive skin

This moisturizer is ok. I think I'll stay with the sticky smell of fresh soy cream over this one

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this product as a gift after lusting after it for some time. I really, really wanted this product to be my HG but ....no.

I have sensitive, somewhat acne prone (random seemingly for-no-reason breakouts), some rosacea splotches, a few dry patches on my skin and then some super oily parts on my face.

I first tried this awhile ago and noticed that it did leave my skin feeling a little glowy, but after trying it again and again, I have had enough of it. IT STINGS and I think it actually has contributed to breaking out my skin. Disappointed, but once again, now I know that this product does not work for my bipolar skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has seriously saved my skin. I get horribly dry skin in the winter - and this has been a godsend. I break out something fierce when my skin gets dry - no more breakouts for me! It is pricey, but a little bit goes a LONG way. I don't use it at night like a lot of previous reviewers, I actually use it in the morning, also (I don't cleanse in the morning, just splash my face with water in the shower- it helps with the dryness). At night, I use Purity cleanser (also Philosophy) followed up by my beloved Hope in a Jar). It may not work for everyone, but for me, it does wonders!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was hyped up a lot, so I thought I would try it out. When I applied it, it was harsh on my sensitive skin, and burned my eyes, and made them tear. I recommend keeping your eyes shut for at least a minute after applying. Philosophy products are usually good for sensitive skin, so this took me off guard. I did noticed my skin felt smoother after two weeks, and looked better. I recommend this moisturizer before bed, but definitely not in the morning to wear under makeup. It doesn't last very long, and is a bit expensive for what it does.

on 12/4/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Once again, Philosophy has reminded me why I wont spend my money on the majority of their products. I got a free sample of this from my job and decided to use it as a night cream now that the weather is getting colder. Two days later, I am developing itchy bumps and cystic acne on my temples and forehead. It's a milder version of the reaction that I got from Purity a few years ago. I will be sticking the the tinted moisturizer and the 27 wishes balm

on 11/16/2011 11:26:00 PM

This is the best moisturizer that I have found. Having lived in a place known for extreme winter weather conditions, I found it was simply the best product for moisturizing my face, hands down.