Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Price: $

on 2/11/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like this a lot. You get a lot of product for only $2 and its quite moisturizing. Its a bit slippery and more waxy than i'm used to but its still sinks in well enough. I like the light cocao scent/taste.

Tip: for those who are self conscious about the glue stick pkg. Cut off a chunk with a clean knife. Put chunk into a silver spoon. Hold high above a candle flame until it slowly melts. The slower the melt the better results you'll get when it re-solidifies. Poor melted product into a clean/sanitized lip balm pot or "free sample" jar. Let it re-solidify at room temperature. As long as you don't mind sticking your fingers into the jar, you've got your fav low budget lip balm in a classier pkg!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When I first saw a girl using it, I thought she was using a glue stick on her lips <.< Since then, I've used up 2 tubes already. It keeps my lips moisturized throughout the night and doesn't have the waxy, sticky feeling of other brands. Definitely one product I'll rebuy over and over

on 1/31/2012 10:04:00 PM

My HG chapstick. I love it so much, and I had to end up buying my boyfriend his own when he liked it so much that he was constantly using/stealing mine. It works like a charm, it's cheap, it smells good, it lasts a long time, etc. What's not to love?

Yes, it looks like a glue stick, but man oh man is it worth the strange looks you'll get whipping it out to use. This stuff is seriously amazing, not only does it smell good, but it also moisturizes wonderfully. Since the tube is so large it also lasts a very long time which is a definite plus. This stuff is amazing for dry, cracked winter lips and any time inbetween! I'd definitely recommend this, and well I already have. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of the few chapsticks I will let touch my lips. It keeps my lips moisturized for a long time and has a mild (pleasant) smell.
I've finished a number of tubes in the past few years and have repurchased every time.

on 1/11/2012 3:47:00 PM

I keep one of these everywhere: in my bag, on my desk, on my nightstand. I use it on my lips, on scars, and on my face when it needs a little moisture (my colleagues joke that I'm rubbing a glue stick all over my face). It's basically the same as the jar of Palmer's cocoa butter, but in a convenient form of a stick. I still need the jar to do my nightly slather before bed, but this stick goes everywhere with me.

on 1/11/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I used this while I was vacationing in Las Vegas where it is extremely dry, and I never got chapped lips. It smells nice, and although it really does look like a glue stick, I don't mind if it works.

on 12/27/2011 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the lip balm.
It is very moisturising and therefore suitable for harsh winter days or someone with dry lips.
It has a very light scent and no 'taste' if you know what I mean ;)
Lips feel good therefore I feel good.
Will buy again and again and again :)

i seriously buy this chapstick alll the time,because when i say im addicted to chapstick im ADDICTED its what my mom stocks with my stocking at christmas i need it 24/7 im never without it and i love this one because it smells beyond good it does moisten and its HUGE i just love it.but trust me when you take it out and put it on in public people are gonna ask you why your putting glue on your lips haha

Have to write a review on this product now that I am using it for the last month. I used to use chapstick peppermint or strawberry religiously..but I noticed that I had to constantly reapply. I read somewhere mostly likely here that lips stop creating their own moisture because of beewax. This product solves this. I apply maybe two or three times a day and my lip feel hydrated and soft. It smells like a vanilla latte or something. Love it. The packaging could be prettier though but I will still repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments