Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Makes lips soooo soft. Yes it does look like a glue stick and people will probably tease you about that when they see you use it but it works. I have only used on my lips and it heals chapped lips wonderfully. I also slather it on my boyfriends lips with good results as well. You can use it on other parts of your body but I never have, I don't like to use stuff for my lips on my skin but that's just me; I'm sure if you did use it on your hands or something it would work well. Anyway, it smells chocolately which is a plus, similar to the lotion of this brand. I wish the tube was a little smaller for use on lips, but since this product is not exclusively for lips I can't complain about it. Palmers does make a lip balm with SPF 15 but I have never seen it or used it, and I think I'll stick with this because it works well. It's about $3.50 at CVS, and CVS and Walmart are the only two places that I have seen it, so try there if you want to get it!

on 12/12/2008 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

finally found something that can help in this cold canadian winter. i tried everything from emollients, oils, vaseline, blistex and so on. my sister gave this to me and within 24 hours i noticed a great difference in the condition on my lips. i hate that the turn up 'dial' is right below the pop off lid, but not a huge deal, especially not to take a lippie off. my sister said she got this in buffalo for less than a dollar. i have yet to see this in canada. will definitely buy when going to to u.s

on 12/11/2008 10:46:00 AM

I'm generally a lover of Palmers, I swear by their gradual self-tanner (which IMHO works better than dove, Johnson's St Tropez etc etc) and I love the Lip Butter. However this Cocoa Butter STICK is useless. It breaks so easily, and you can't 'fix' the stick like you can with other stick lipbalms, once it's snapped, that's it.
It's too hard to give any moisturising benefit, you can swipe it on but it doesn't feel particularly nice on, it's just too brittle. It doesn't have any smell and I'm sure if you only used it indoors and kept it at just about room temperature it would be very effective. But for me, it's already gone in the bin.

on 12/9/2008 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Great has a "chapstick". This was the only thing that cured my dry cracked painful lips one winter. I love the chocolatey smell. Lasts a long time too.

on 12/2/2008 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG lip balm. Teh chocolate smell kind of weirded me out at first but now I don't notice it. I haven't found anything with as good a texture or moisturizing quality. I use it every night before I go to bed and during the day when I don't feel like having anything shiny or colored on my lips. I buy these things 5 at a time... (one for the car, work, purse, bathroom, nightstand)!

on 12/1/2008 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am reviewing this item as a cuticle treatment only. Adore this stuff when putting this on my cuticles, really moisturizes them; however, only thing comparing this to is the sally hansen vit E cuticle oil and evoo.

on 10/30/2008 11:33:00 PM

OMG!!! This is the greatest product in the world. So moisturizing. My lips cannot live without it. People always think your putting glue stick on your lips so be ready for some odd looks. I buy a bunch at a time and throw them in all my purses. Grab them at WalMart for like 2.50. Cant be beat. Burts has nothing on this stuff

on 10/18/2008 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

i heart this stuff!!weee!!this is the only lip balm that i would actually use till it finishes..but i do buy some other lip balms eventhough i like this one soo much..silly me..i love the sweet vanilla scent to it..it doesn't feel waxy or what not..i can even use lipsticks that are too drying on their on..once i put this under the lipsticks or lip liners,the application is smoother and it turns out to be creamy colour pay off instead of a dry,matte kinda look..it really can moisturise ur lips,and your other body parts as well..i bought separate tubes for my lips and my body so that i won't have any problem with sanitizing my lip balm every time i used it for my body parts..\\.,the smaller tube for my lips,and the bigger ones for my elbows,knees and other parts that is dry..HG for lip balm and on-the-go body moistouriser..will definitely get it again and again and again...i gotta stop buying the other nonsense lip balm though..=p

I don't know how I ever lived without this stuff! I've never been a big lip balm girl, but I seriously cannot stop rubbing this all over my lips all the time. I've actually gotten a little carried away with it. I love the texture- it's so easy to smooth on, unlike waxy, hard chapstick, and I love the large size too. I rarely used chapsticks because I felt like they made my lips drier after it wore off, but not so with Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick. This is creamy and smooth for hours, and when it wears of my lips still feel moisturized. I'm a convert for life!

on 9/14/2008 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I hate to say this... but i hate this lip balm. It feels extremely waxy on my lips and it didn't made them any softer, instead they felt rough and kinda dry, I had to throw this away. For a great lip balm try cherry chapstick.

Top Rated Lip Treatments