Maybelline Wet Shine Nail Enamel in Juicy Tomato [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this color for summer and spring. The name says it all. It's the color of a ripe juicy tomato. A bright orangey red. This looks awesome on toes with a little swarovski crystal in the center. Very fun, sexy, and eye catching.

I detest the Maybelline polish brushes...they are too large and long, and makes for very messy application. However, I loved this color in the bottle, so I bought it regardless of my dislike of the brush.

The color is fantastic! Bright red-orange, and so shiny! I do add a shiny topcoat to help with staying power, but it's really not needed to achieve the "wet" look, because this polish is very shiny and "wet" looking as the name suggests.

Staying power is decent, but could be better. Applies fairly evenly if you're extra careful and extra slow with the humongous brush. Dries quickly. continued >>

on 9/13/2004 3:49:00 PM

This is my very first wet shine nail polish purchase, and it's fabulous!! Juicy Tomato is an awesome bright orangey red. I think it'll look good on pretty much any coloring. The finish lives up the name "wet shine" and it's very pigmented. One coat is enough, but the 2nd coat makes the color even more intense. A shade perfect for summer!!

on 8/13/2004 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This shade is wonderful for spring and summer--a bold, orange based red. It does go on fairly thin, so it takes a couple of coats, but the end result is so much fun. I've only used it on my toenails, it lasts about a week, which is as good as it gets for me.

on 5/14/2004 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I really like this color in the summertime for my toes. It's definitely true to it's name--a tomato [orange-y] red. The finish also lives up to the "Wet Shine" name. Seriously. My pedicure looks like red vinyl or a red sports car after a good wax. As for the formula, I was surprised to find it very thin and watery, but in this case, w/ such a bright color, it made application easier. I can't say much about the durability b/c I have to wear closed-toed shoes for work, so they don't get exposed to much wear and tear during the day. Still, a VERY nice color/product for the money. I'm also a fan of the WSD line.

I love this color! Its one of the colors that i use most often. The only thing I odnt really like about it is that sometimes from far away people think its orang elol but whne u see it up close its a nice bright red!

on 7/10/2002 1:52:00 PM

I love this shade. This is the first color I've purchased in the Wet Look series and it won't be the last. It's a gorgeous, shimmerless mango-y red, perfect for summer. And I DO think that it's especially shiny as well. Beautiful on tanned feet!

Popular Polishes