Apple By Apple - Super Lash

Apple By Apple - Super Lash
Apple By Apple - Super LashSuper Lash by Apple MascaraSuper Lash Mascara by Apple Cosmetics

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Alico 9 (odorless mineral spirits), beeswax, ozokerite, aluminum stearate, lanolin, propylparaben, bht, almond oil, ultramarines, manganese violet.

on 11/8/2009 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I had always had trouble finding mascara that kept my curl. I had used expensive brands and drug store brands to no avail. A few years back I was introduced to a "mexican" brand of mascara called IM, it comes in a very pink tube. I absolutely loved the stuff, it kept the curl all day and it made my eyelashes thick and long. Unfortunately I've had a hard time finding it. But I since discovered this Apple mascara which works just as well.

I do agree with the other removers that it can be a pain to remove, but I've discovered that the Neutrogena oil-free eyemake up remover works wonderfully well. I moisten the cotton round pad and hold it over my eyelid for 10 seconds and wipe. This will usually remove most of the mascara.

on 11/2/2009 5:40:00 PM

As with many a product I get wind of through MUA, I nabbed this off of ebay. I am hoping the bottle I got was a little age dbecause I found it to be quite thick and dried out, unless thats the way it's supposed to be? It clumps quite a bit on my super long lashes but I must admit it keeps in my lash curler curl ALL DAY long!

on 11/2/2009 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

well I had to try this product due to the raves and the price. I got Mamey for about $4. It is not the best mascara I've tried, in terms of affect I much prefer Motives or Shu Uemura both go about $18. I would say i like it better than CoverGirl Lashblast because the brush works better with my stubby nothing of eyelashes. Comparing to the lashblast they have different affects, the Apple is more buildable versus the lashblast works quicker. I would say that it is not stirring me away from the lashblast just because its harder to get my hands on the Apple, but I will buy this product again if I happen upon it.

So I've found many places in Los Angeles that sells this for about $2.50. It is the mascara is use now because the EFFECTS is not bad and the Price is unbeatable. I cannot imagine myself spending $20 on mascara anymore because Apple does 90% of the work for 1/8 of the price. So yeh, good bye Shu Uemura.

on 10/15/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. My lashes are straight and other mascaras never seem to be able to hold the curl. But this stuff does! It doesn't clump, flake or irritate my eyes. I love it! I will definitely be buying more!

on 10/5/2009 8:25:00 PM

this product is insane. i chanced upon it in the featured daily review. mine is for the Mamey edition, in a cream white bottle. let's get the less appealing aspects out of the way: scented-- a vanilla coconut type smell that lingers somewhat after application... applicator brush is a generic full bristle brush with tapered tip, makes corner application little tricky, however can be easily overcome with some upskilling. the ingredients would make EWG blacklist this product...

the price, as others have mentioned, cheap.. even with shipping overseas etc, worthwhile to invest and try. the colour selection is generous, i would be keen to test a blue and clear type next.. have not seen a purple yet. they are named after fruit and veges like avocado for green...

now onto the formulation which is the most integral aspect of the product. brilliant. i could not believe the reviewer when she mentioned it holds a curl.. i have tried $50+ mascaras that don't even achieve this! only one other product i own does this: serge lutens.. my lashes are straight, with some outer corner growth that curves and can be enhance with a good mascara, however most mediocre types tend to weigh them down very unattractively. in addition, my lashes are fine and soft, which means once held in a curler, they tend to clump together easily, plus if an applicator plus formula of mascara is poor, then everything just becomes a slick!

i curl for about 3-4 seconds, which normally does not build the curl enough for other mascaras, even with the shiseido base at times. however apple enhanced the curl and kept it, did not disappear over the day, just naturally settled.

volume: not really but it is so buildable while still wet, multiple quick coats to gentle build substance. i experienced a little clumping because my lashes were a bit clumped from curling, easily resolved with a quick comb. length is above average, probably not as much as stila convertible. overall it is a very my lashes but better effect, natural and nuanced. gives a feathering fluffy effect, not that high fashion noir fake effect.

staying power is excellent, dries fast and does not leave flaking or smearing. i use an oil based cleanser to remove as this mascara is made of waxes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am super skeptic when it comes to dirt cheap mascaras, ive never tried them. I gave this a chance because of the reviews, i think its a decent mascara, not the worst ive used that are from almay and maybelline. The price is $1.50. Super cheap!!

This looks very natural, nothing dramatic like lash blast, i put on 4 coats and i still look natural, what i like is that it doesnt weight down my curled lashes.

This doesnt says that is waterproof, but it is! I take off a lippie because is difficult to take it off. I think the lash blast and the voluminous, are the best mascaras in general.Dont know if ill re buy it, maybe because is a cheaper alternative.

on 9/24/2009 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

[edited to add] Someone asked me about 'ease of removing' this mascara. Honestly, I've had no problems. I use extra virgin coconut oil to wash my face at night and this mascara comes off really nicely for me.

Another thing I notice is that I touch my lashes a lot because they feel so soft. It "looks" glossy and my lashes feel really soft. I'm always surprised that it hasn't smudged.

OMG .... another HG item found through MUAers!

Ordered through mxmascaralady on Ebay late Sunday night. Received 3 mascaras plus an extra mascara on Wednesday. $13 for 4 mascaras and free shipping????

But that's nothing compared to how incredible this mascara is. I tried it this morning and I've been looking at my lashes all day. I always wear Shiseido mascara base to hold a curl to my asian lashes. It works well, but nothing like my lashes today.

I've tried so many brands (have 8 open tubes right now) and while I love a few (Estee Lauder's TurboLash, Diorshow, L'oreal Bare Natural), this is the first mascara that makes me feel like my search for the perfect mascara is over.

I've never been able to find a mascara with ALL of these benefits. I am so shocked. I will buy $35 mascara, but fell in love with the $3 version. What the h*** do they put in it anyway? This is like crack for your lashes.

Pros:
* Shiny, dark lashes.
* Thick lashes, but not weird 1950's fake lashes looking.
* Keeps curl ... 14 hours and counting.
* Lashes are lengthened, but not spikey.
* Lashes are softer than I expected. Almost feels like there's wax on them, but no smudging on my lower lashes!
* $13 for 4 tubes!

Cons:
* Uh, none.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this mascara for 3 for $13 by a person on ebay. It was a great deal considering I live nowhere near Mexico or LA for that matter. She also adds in an extra Mamey mascara for every 3 you buy.

I love how retro 80's the bottle looks. The formula is very smooth and creamy and it never clumps no matter how many coats I put on! It's not crunchy or hard on my lashes. It dries to a very soft touch, much like (probably even better than) my full n' soft mascara from Maybelline. I thought I would always need a waterproof mascara to hold my curls but I was wrong. This mascara holds my curl perfectly, even better than some other (terrible) waterproof mascaras I've tried. It removes very easily with my trusty jojoba oil. I tried washing it off with soap and water and that didn't go to well. It's very water resistant (not exactly waterproof). So if you have a basic makeup remover or cleanser, it comes off very easily. I bought this in Negro (black) and Morado (purple). The purple is very bright and shows up very nicely. It's like a cross between regular purple and electric purple.

The ebay seller also gave me 2 extra mamey mascaras since I bought 6 mascaras, but one of the brushes in one the of the bottles broke in the bottle and i couldn't use it, but that's ok, since it was a free bottle :-P

on 8/1/2009 3:26:00 PM

Hey ladies, this is a keeper! Apple mascara was my favorite in high school, one among the few that can make my puny, thin, stick-straight, average long eyelashes look nice. Iíve tried many more since then and found out that only waterproof mascaras (wax or oil based) will actually hold my curl (made with an eyelash curler and a spoon). IMO all the Apple formulas are very similar, so Iím going to talk about them in general. Besides from being super affordable and available in Mexico (where I live), this product holds a curl beautifully, which is the most important thing for me in a mascara (some drugstore waterproof ones hold my curl but uncurl the tips a little - not the case with apple). It also delivers nice volume and length. Even though its performance is not Łber dramatic, the mascara is so buildable that I can achieve an impressive effect with several coats. I never experienced clumping from these mascaras, on the contrary they define my eyelashes nicely. Like many other reviewers said, I find my eyelashes soft (unlike with many other waterproof mascaras) and coated in a waxy, glossy black. I think this is a waterproof formula and resists all day long. It has withstood intense crying but I havenít tried it on the beach or pool. Iíve actually never put attention on smudging because I normally use a dark brown or black eyeliner in my lower lash line. I canít remember having any issue with flaking either. I donít like that resistant and waterproof formulas are harder to remove but with a little effort and an oil based remover this mascara is off my lashes. Iíve also used several kinds of oils to remove it (olive, baby and almond) but sometimes this irritates my eyes a little. I own now one make up remover from Pondís available in Mexico that does a great job. Besides removal, on the negative side is the fact that the packaging is IMO hideous and tacky. I think the company could make huge improvements on the brush and packaging, but overall that doesnít really affect the good performance of this mascara. Apple formulas are indeed quite dry but I often hold the tube in my hand or near my body so that its warmth softens the formula a little and it can be easily applied then. I am hesitant about calling this an HG but itís definitely a product I come back to from time to time. Last summer I had a negative experience that could be linked to the use of this mascara: I got an eye infection. The tubes are sold without any protection so anyone could open them, causing them to contaminate or dry. Since I also bought and used an eyeliner that time, I really canít tell if one of those products (or something in the air, etc.) caused me the infection, but Iíve had plenty of other experiences with this mascara that were trouble-less. This is among my favorite products and I think itís worth to try for the low price.

on 7/27/2009 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great mascara for how cheap it is! I tried the mamey one and was amazed at how little it clumps. You can pile this stuff on and it seemingly does not clump. For how ridiculously cheap this is, it's really impressive.