Apple By Apple - Super Lash

Apple By Apple - Super Lash
Apple By Apple - Super LashSuper Lash by Apple MascaraSuper Lash Mascara by Apple Cosmetics

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Alico 9 (odorless mineral spirits), beeswax, ozokerite, aluminum stearate, lanolin, propylparaben, bht, almond oil, ultramarines, manganese violet.

Wow, I can't say that I've never seen this mascara before. I've strolled through the alleys of downtown LA and I've seen this brand of mascaras before but I had never wanted to try it assuming that it was like any other cheap mascara... CRAP! But, I was at work earlier (not working) watching YouTube videos and saw some girls RAVE about this mascara...one of which was Asian. I am Asian and I have the short non-lashes... so we really need the help! Anyway, I ended up going to a local discount store (where I had seen them have it in stock as well) and I purchased the beige/green bottle that says avocado on it. I also purchased the one in the black packaging which I have yet to try. At first, I still didn't think much of it. The formula looked rather dry. The brush is an original/regular bristle brush. What I did was use a blow dryer to heat up the mascara to make it more wet. I let it cool down to my preferred consistency. Applied it, and voila! I'm sure if you use it as it, it would work as well. But, I just heated it up because I like more of a wet consistency. And I have to say, it worked! I SO want to stock up on this! The best part was that it was DIRT cheap!!! I like it so much that I uploaded 2 pics of it for this review which I've never done before =)

on 3/28/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

HG HG HG HG
This is a review for the avocado one (creme&green tube)
I have very long, but thin Asian lashes that point straight down.
Being completely obsessed with mascara, I would layer on 5 different types of mascara to be satisfied with my lashes, then comb though multiply times to separate and de-clump my lashes.
However, now I don't have to use those 5 mascaras, just this baby! I'm constantly asked if I'm wearing false lashes, what mascara I use, or complemented on my "false" lashes.

PROS
*holds curl all day
*no flakes
* no clumps
*great fruity scent
*blackest black
*dirt cheap (I got mine for $3 each)
*cute packaging
*makes your lashes look like falsies

Cons
*hard to find

This works better than ANY department store mascara I've ever tried. Truely amazing. I think next time I go to the mall I'll buy 5 more bottles.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's the most amazing mascara ever!!! I tried all and none of them work on my eyelashes I have short and thin, straight eyelashes and this one keeps the curl of my eyelashes all day love it !!!!

on 1/19/2010 10:29:00 PM

Someone here on MUA suggested this mascara, after I asked for recs for a mascara that would do a few things: hold a curl, thicken, not be difficult to remove, non-waterproof, and not damage my lashes.

This fits the bill! It's so cheap... $2.50 a tube. So I buy a bunch at a time. I purchase the Black, it's nice and dark. No clumping, it doesn't flake, and it holds a curl like nobody's business. Usually, I need a WP mascara to hold my curl, but its taking a toll on my lashes.

I will continue to repurchase this mascara... wish I had known about it sooner!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this on Ebay because of the great reviews on makeupalley, but just like the other reviewer: I also thought it was quite thick and dried out, and it clumps my lashes and makes them look dry and chrunchy "not a good look". Maybe I got a bad tube, otherwise I don't like the formula.

on 12/16/2009 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Price: 3 bottles for $13, free shipping + free Mamey + free black eyeliner
Packaging: Ugly and ghetto looking, but consider the price
Overall rating: 4 lippies
Why? Because this mascara is on par with some expensive brands. This is just as good as Fiberwig and Dior. I applies very dry but isn't as messy as the usual gooey wet mascara. I do about 3-4 coats and my lashes can compare to falsies. It's obviously long and thick in photos and doesn't smear and give me raccoon eyes than the usual mascara. I like the small size, just really picky with ugly looking bottles. I highly recommend getting Negro or Aloe Vera.
Would I buy this again? If I was broke and desperately needed mascara. Otherwise, I'll browse around a bit.

on 12/2/2009 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the Avocado and Mamey. First the good: Curls my eyelashes like nothing I've ever seen before (with the help of a eyelash curler). Holds the curl for quite awhile. Doesn't seem to clump much. Dirt cheap. The bad: Both formulas flake like crazy on me. After wearing it for about 3 hours, under my lower eyelashes I look like a raccoon. The Mamey does seem to do it less than the Avocado, but it's still very noticeable. I use it when I'm just going to be going somewhere for a couple of hours (like out to dinner) because for the first 3 hours it looks great. As the day wears on...not so much. Not sure if I will bother to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have Sabila, Jojoba, Avocado, Mamey, and one other I can't remember right now.

Color: very black.

Consistency: soft, wax-based, very water resistant. I've tested it freshly applied overnight and it wakes up the same.

Finished appearance: well-defined lashes, blackened, can do 2-3 coats for more thickening, very easy to comb through and unclump.

Remarkable for price and combability, not a very dramatic look alone, can be topped with another for more oomph.

on 11/12/2009 8:44:00 PM

This is my go to daily mascara. I got it for $1.99 at a mexican dollar store in the mission in san francisco. Mine is the pink and green bottle. The formula is a bit drying, but it holds my curl, doesn't really clump too much, and lengthens. Could you ask for more? I have puny asian lashes and after I curl them, I apply a single coat of this. I don't agree that it is completely waterproof and smudgeproof, as I have extremely greasy lids. I apply a coat of clarins double fix mascara over it to make sure nothing will smudge or run, and it does not after this. All mascaras clump somewhat for me, so I use a metal lash comb and that fixes it right quick. Not only does it work great, but it smells like apples, which is so much better than chemicals! The brush is big and nothing to rave about, but I love this mascara! I will use this forever!

on 11/10/2009 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Absolutely the BEST mascara ever! It gives length+volume and it holds a curl perfectly throughout the day, it also does not smudge or flake- what more could you ask for in a mascara? This is my HG for sure, plus its so inexpensive! Rebuy for me!! :D