Apple By Apple - Super Lash

Apple By Apple - Super Lash
Apple By Apple - Super LashSuper Lash by Apple MascaraSuper Lash Mascara by Apple Cosmetics

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Alico 9 (odorless mineral spirits), beeswax, ozokerite, aluminum stearate, lanolin, propylparaben, bht, almond oil, ultramarines, manganese violet.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am on the fence.. cause there are more positives than negatives.. and maybe its because I havent had a steady hand lately...

Soo.. I bought the Almond kind from my local 98 Cent store down the street and went home to try it.. I reallly loved the texture and the SMELL!

I recently lost my beloved pet and had been crying all weekend and well lets just say this stuff is amazing with the water works... after I was done sobing my mascara was perfectly in place with NO racoon eyes.. what a Relief!

My only con.. is that since yesterday it has been more difficult to put it on .. im not sure if its because I still have puffy eyes or the formula has changed in the heat...we shall see if this changes but I do love the formula and noticed that my eyelashes are starting to grow back thicker :)

on 8/11/2010 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this off of eBay in the Black, Mamey, and Avocado, and really liked all of them. I didn't notice any real difference in formulation between the three, they were all a drier formula that gave good volume, did not clump and held my curled lashes. If I were to repurchase though, I think I would buy the Mamey over the others, because it smells like apples! This lasted all day on me without flaking or smudging, and removed fairly easily with my oil cleanser. This is definitely better after it thickens for a couple of weeks. When I first tried it, the formula was so dry that I would swipe it over my lashes, and it wouldn't really adhere to them, so I would try to put on coat after coat, without getting much results. But I'm glad I pulled it out again in a couple of weeks because it went on much smoother and I was able to get a nice dramatic look. This pretty much has everything that I look for in a mascara. I just wish it were more easily accessible where I live, instead of having to order online.

on 8/10/2010 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I remember running into this product multiple times but never took a moment of my day to try it until I read the MUA reviews!

I have access to this both in the mall I work at and multiple places by my house. The cheapest I've found to pay per tube is $1.80!! That's dirt cheap! For the ladies (or men) in the San Fernando Valley area in SoCal, they're sold at Amuse stores! Both in Northridge Fashion Center and in Panorama Mall. It is $1.80 at Panorama (with a greater selection) and $2.00 at Northridge.

This is a review for the Avocado formula.

The first thing that caught my attention is the fact that the product wasn't sealed. I've been to one store that actually tapes around the opening preventing people from opening the mascara and possibly even testing it out for all I know. It wasn't sealed where I purchased mine but I wasn't able to open the tube to see if it was opened or not (masacara wand smudges around opening). That's one of the cons of this mascara -- the packaging at least.

A con about the product itself - I have noticed *slight* smudging on the bottom of the lash line. I'm not sure if that's from my gel liner or from the mascara itself. Another thing is that when I remove it and I was my face, I can see very little under my eye from left over. Could be that I haven't been taking off my mascara too well though. Regardless, I felt like that should be mentioned as well.

I like this formula very much - it feels very nourishing on my lashes because it contains avocado oil in it. I don't feel like my lashes are falling out every time I take off the mascara. I had that problem with L'oreal Voluminous. This mascara doesn't actually curl your lashes, but it holds curl very well if you curl them prior to applying it. I haven't noticed any flaking yet.

I have found that you can build up the intensity of the lashes fairly well, I haven't found this mascara to be dry. I've found it to be in the middle. Not dry, not wet. I've easily made my lashes look fake with this. I've also been able to pull off the natural look as well. Being able to do both with one mascara is extremely convenient. I have been able to clump the lashes at one point after applying it excessively but easily separates with a disposable mascara wand.

Another nice thing is that if you screw up and get mascara where it doesn't belong (eyeshadow, under eye, etc) it can be removed easily with a dry q-tip. This mascara is also very easy to remove at night.

All in all, it's a very good buy. Considering the price and what it can do for your lashes, I'll definitely buy again. I also plan to try all of the other formulas that they make. I believe they also make blue mascara in addition to clear and brown. I will be updating my review as I try out the mascaras.

Edit: I have tried the Black & Ceramides formula and they all work great! Only difference I noticed is that the brush on the Avocado formula is massive in comparison to the other ones (which is a standard size of mascara wand). Will keep testing other formulas. I'd also like to add that the cheapest that I've found it now was for $1 at Power Dollar. Bargain shopping pays off!! I got my aunt hooked on this, and shes taking 4+ tubes back home with her to Nicaragua. Now that says something.

on 8/10/2010 5:21:00 PM

I am all for the au natural look - and this works! I was at a Joyeria Tienda and I luckily came across this mascara in "Cristal". It was only TWO BUCKS! (But I think Esmeralda gave me a discount since I had my son with me and I was buying alot more.) I tried it on when I came home and I adored it so. It gave my lashes a nice curl without the trouble of having sticky black residue piled on top. Not great for volume, but fine by me! As long as I didn't have mascara boogers around the tips of my lashes it's all good. I didn't like how the packaging wasn't completely sealed, but I'm confident mine wasn't a tester. And the product glides on SO NICE. I'm going to have to stock up!

on 8/5/2010 9:12:00 PM

I think it does hold curl well but it's only because it's such a light weight dry formula. If you like really dramatic lashes and bold black color, this isn't for you. I like bold lashes so I don't really like this. the formula is so DRY so it takes so many coats to get anywhere and it almost feels like there's one drop of formula in the tube.
it's better than other mascara's i've tried especially for the price but i did have to get it on ebay so it's not exactly easy to get. i wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Whenever I go to mexico, I always stock up on this mascara. Its amazing! I love it and its sooo cheap. I've tried a TON of american brand mascaras and they do nothing for my lashes- they always uncurl my eyelashes after I curl them, they smudge, they run, and the formula just sucks to me, its too wet to build up effectively. This mascara just holds the curl in my eyelashes, and I love how this mascara makes my eyelashes look fake :)
I usually use the almond oil, avocado, or mamey ones, and they have helped grow my eyelashes grow... I just love this mascara!

on 7/25/2010 12:54:00 PM

HG!! thank you again MUA because there is no way I would ever come upon this mascara otherwise. If you are Asian, you MUST try this! LOL. The biggest problem for me with mascaras is always that they don't hold a curl. Not only do they don't hold a curl but the instant I put it on, it collapses my just crimped eyelashes. I'm lucky enough to not have short lashes but they are stick straight and even more on a downward trend. Anyway, I bought these off ebay as others have mentioned and you get 4 for 13 bucks. What a steal! Packaging isn't anything special and neither is the wand. The great part of this product though is formula. I am still in disbelief that this holds a curl so well and even on days with extreme humidity. Ive used the black tube and the mamey one so far and think the black one is a lot better. There's not too much volume to this mascara but for holding curls, it's amazing! I used to use CG great lash and lashblast in waterproof and those do a decent job but I couldn't stand how hard it was to remove. These ones don't smudge and remove easily at the end of the day. They also leave my lashes feeling nice and soft unlike the other waterproof formulas which make my lashes super stiff. Like someone else on here has mentioned, I think the formula is a lot better after a week or so of using it (after it thickens a bit). Give this product a try!

EDIT: A lot of the other colors don't work.... only the Black label one does on me and now I've switched back to WP formulas because it's not dramatic enough

on 7/18/2010 3:26:00 AM

How and why this mascara has such good ratings is a surprise to me. I'm a MASCARA ADDICT and even though I have a couple HG's I'm always on the lookout for the next best kept secret mascara especially at bargain prices. I found a really good deal on ebay on these and purchased 4 all different kinds, which included mamey, the pink and green tube, the all black tube and the all pink tube. Well I have tried and retried all 4, I have tried applying multiple layers( like 12) no joke, tried wiggling the brush at the base, tried to use my eyelash comb to seperate, tried to use combos of a couple of the mascaras, even tried to combine all 4 really!! AND STILL I don't see what the big deal is, not only is this mascara very thin and smudgy but the black is not even that dark, it doesn't really seperate nor does it lengthen, the only thing that it may remotely do, and I mean REMOTELY is give a slight curl. The only reason I gave it 3 lippies was because of how cheap they were and for the times when I want to add a bit more curl I guess I can layer this on top of something else, or for the days when I just want to add a bit of color and definition to my eyelashes without going all out these may come in handy. If you are looking for the VAVOOM, DOE eyed, falsie, sultry eyelash look these are NOT the mascaras to purchase. My top favorites to create that falsie look in drugstore mascara; Volumous carbon black, combined with Riimmel lash flirt or Volume Max (in pink bottle) or if you prefer high end; Eyes to Kill is GREAT, sometimes I will apply Volumous carbon black first for an inky super black lash base followed by ETK for more defined volume, super length and definition.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love trying new mascaras, searching for my HG, and this has become it!! I live near an area where these mascaras are readily available, so I've tried many different types (and I'm still not done yet). I've tried the mamey extract in the pink and green tube, the regular mamey, ceramides (in the all pink tube), almond, sabila (which is aloe vera), and avocado. So far I've gotten best results from the ceramides, but that one has been the most difficult for me to locate. Mamey extract has been a complete fail for me, leaving my lashes too natural looking...I love a full/fake lash look. The others I've tried are really great too, but it takes about a few days to a week of application to get the right consistancy. The mascaras smell like their distinct name. So far, sabila has the strongest scent, but it does go away after a short time. Where I'm at, these are on average $2 each. With the effect these give my lashes, and the cost, they are my HG mascara. I would totally pay sephora prices for these mascaras...good thing I don't have to!!

on 5/9/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love it my HG mascara!! Makes my puny asian lashes long and voluminous!! Holds a curl very well, doesn't flake or smudge and stays put all day. I have the regular, noir and the purple one. I love them all!! The color is super black and the formula is dry I think it what makes it buildable and not clumpy. The price is super cheap from ebay I would definitely repurchase.