Apple By Apple - Super Lash

Apple By Apple - Super Lash
Apple By Apple - Super LashSuper Lash by Apple MascaraSuper Lash Mascara by Apple Cosmetics

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Alico 9 (odorless mineral spirits), beeswax, ozokerite, aluminum stearate, lanolin, propylparaben, bht, almond oil, ultramarines, manganese violet.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My favorite mascara. I have the mamey one and the brush is pretty big and full. This is the ONLY (and i seriously mean only) mascara that holds my curl. It gives great volume and major length.
That's all I ask for in a mascara. I recommend that you throw this out after 3 months because it does get a tiny bit dry, resulting in minor clumps. But I've learned to work with mine after 5 months. It does not smudge, unless I put it on my lower lashes. So I use another mascara for that. I would totally recommend; every person I recommend this to who has tried it loves it:)! My favorite thing about it is that it can go from "wow" to "WOW!" ,meaning that if I put one coat it looks pretty. If I put 2 coats it gives my lashes better boost. If I put 3, dang!! Super long and voluminous. Love it! Worth the couple of dollars ;D
*update*
still loving this mascara. still HG. i recently bought the avacado one, and it works just as amazing as the mamey one. this hasnt hurt my eyebrow length or thickness, but i feel that it has made them a tiny bit brittle/weak. nothing that castor oil cant fix though! ^.^

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've used Maybelline Full and Soft wp and Volum' Express (original type) wp my entire life. I've got wimpy asian lashes and no mascara gives me amazing, naturally lush looking lashes. For that I need individual falsies. I came across this product while living in So Cal and I'm a convert. Again, no miracles for my lashes, but this is one of my favorites! The amazing thing about this mascara is that it does not leave those nasty rings of migrating mascara under my eyes that I have to wipe away all day! That is my major gripe about wearing mascara. I hate feeling self conscious that I might have raccoon eyes and constantly wiping under my eye... with this I don't have to worry as much! My favorites are the black one with gold lettering, then the avocado, and I want to try the almond next. These mascaras are waxy, which pretty much makes them waterproof even though they are not labelled as such. I've cried with this on-- no runs! They are not harder to remove than any other wp mascara. For $2 I don't mind, but the brush is hard to manipulate because it's bulky, and the tip is too large. But, hey, it's $2 and the formula is worth the crappy brush.

EDIT: I've recently be obsessed with Blue mascaras. So, naturally I had to try the Blue tube from Apple. I've read some reviews below claiming that it is not blue colored but it is: a navy. The brush that came with it is GINORMOUS. However, it works just fine... I got this for $5 on Amazon and I'm loving my new blue mascara!

on 5/26/2011 11:05:00 PM

Haha! I love the packaging for this one ( i have the pink and green bottle) it caught my attention because it reminded me of the maybelline great lash bottle so I decided to compare it with this one.

I found theres no WOW factor in this, it works like any other mascara for me so its not anything real special but not a flop either. I did notice the brush is pretty cheap looking though.

I bought mine at a local 1-3 dollar store (I live in alaska where there are no $1 stores). I noticed some people were saying it smells like apple but mine smells more like crayon? I hope that it doesnt mean its bad. I figure it smells like this because of the oils that are in it (mamey oil, almond oil).

Overall it has cute packaging but I think id rather pay a couple extra dollars for the maybelline great lash which usually runs between 4-5 dollars ^^

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I absolutely loved this product! My lashes are nice and long and not sparse but not thick. My lashes would never hold a curl until I found this. It curled them even more, gave length and volume and just looked amaaazing. I'd wear it alone on "normal" days, layering it on without getting clumps. I'd apply waterproof LashBlast when I wanted even more volume. I'd found my HG. Until I realized it was the cause of my lashes getting thinner. Not because it has any chemicals or anything weird, it's just SO hard to get off. Even with waterproof makeup remover I'd lose lashes from inevitably having to scrub hard. I used oil-free, regular, wipes, etc and always had to rub. I guess because I was a teenager I just kind of ignored the 2-4 lashes on my cotton pad/wipe every time I'd remove this. Then I noticed they were getting thinner and realized it was time to say goodbye and am now on the hunt for something that will hold curl but not make me rip my lashes out.

on 1/21/2011 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

this mascara works very similar to my beloved dior show. i am travelling in latin america and i'm able to find it everywhere in every color for super cheap. i bought mamey and the pink one and even thought the formula is the same i like the mamey one better. it doesn't run or give me raccoon eyes, looks like i'm wearing falsies and and baby oil takes it off like a breeze, will def take a few of this gems back home.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is my HG mascara! It keeps my curl, gives me volume, some length, and dosen't make my lashes clumpy!
This mascara can be hard to find, I buy mine at a mexican store. Price depends on where you buy it, usually $2 to $6. It's worth every penny, I will rebuy this mascara until they discontinue! (:

on 1/13/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Ever since I went and curled my eyelashes with a spoon (damaged them so much that most fell out), I haven't been able to wear mascara, almost 4 years. I kept tying different types, both d/s and high end and the results were all the same. I would curl my eyelashes and all the mascaras would weigh them down, and make them all droopy. I eventually just gave up mascara altogether, but on a recent trip to Mexico, I decided to give this, Super Lash in black (black w/gold lettering tube), another called Italia Deluxe - XX L Define and Lengthening Waterproof mascara (white tube and black top) and another one called Alarga (purple tube w/ white lettering). All three of these cost me an equivalent of about 2-3 American dollars. The apple one was amazing, not only holding the curl, but making them look so long with every application. The last two can be bought in Mexican stores and flea markets, but work as well, if not not better than the apple mascara. They smell amazing (some mascaras can smell real funky) work the same as apple. Holding curl, adding length and volume. I haven't had a problem with them drying out, except one that got clumpy, but just closing them properly solves that. These have just worked so well for me, and for really good price.

on 12/26/2010 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was REALLY impressed with this mascara. Especially for its price. One of my friends was raving about this to me a while ago and since I've never heard of it or seen it around before, I assumed she got it over in Asia or it was super expensive. To my surprise, I found it at a random accessory store in my local mall for only $1.99 so I picked it up. It gives my lashes a lot of volume and length. It holds them pretty well but it could be better in my opinion. The only complaint I have is that it gets a bit clumpy at times which is annoying. Also, it leaves me with raccoon eyes at the end of the day and it's also kind of a pain in the butt to wash off (even with eye makeup remover)

I really wanted to like this, but it was basically one of the most awful mascaras I have ever tried. The brush felt so gross, and the mascara did nothing but coat my lashes in black chunks. It went right into the garbage after one use.

on 11/15/2010 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

After reading mostly positive reviews on this product, I decided to buy the avocado one via Amazon. First off, the price is awesome. It was around $4 shipped for one tube. That was one of the factors that persuaded me to buy this mascara; if it was a miss it wouldn't hurt my wallet that much. I was a bit turned off that the mascara didn't come with a seal or anything, but I can deal with it. The smell is okay, I wouldn't call it pleasant but it's not revolting either. I'm pretty indifferent towards the smell- to me it smells like cucumbers and melon ._. odd. anyway, for the first 4 weeks I got amazing results. I have a sucky mascara curler, and so I didn't use it...yet the mascara still curled my eyelashes and made them significantly longer! I was so impressed. By the way, I have Asian lashes which means they're super straight and hard to curl, so the result was very impressive. However, after those 4 weeks, it all started going downhill. The mascara got super dry and started clumping horribly. When I applied it you can see all these miniature chunks of mascara. Gross. I tried to keep on using it, hoping to see the return of the fabulous results I got during the first 4 weeks, but to no avail. For now, I'll be searching for my HG mascara in stores around where I live. I still haven't decided whether I'll buy this mascara again :/