MAC Cosmetics Peachstock (satin)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Cosmetics Peachstock (satin)
Mac PeachstockPeachstock (satin)Peachstock (satin)

4.1

on 1/4/2010 4:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The only nude lipstick that doesn't make me look dead! I love love that I finally found a nude lipstick that looks good on me, NC25-30. Unfortunately it does make my lips look dry so I have to exfoliate, moisturize, then gloss on top. It's a gorrrgeous peachy nude color that goes great with smokey eyes or just as an everyday lip color. As always, love mac's packaging and the vanilla scent.

on 10/8/2009 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The numeric rating I gave this product is somewhat misleading. That part is intended for the ORIGINAL Peachstock lipstick that first came out years ago. I LOVED that lipstick. I have a little bit left as I've used it very sparingly. On me, it's a somewhat mod peachy/beige nude, but not so much that it makes me look dead. It is very creamy and slightly glossy looking. It is the PERFECT nude for me.

A while back I noticed during a random trip to the MAC website that it had been re-released for some reason. I went back to buy it just a couple weeks later and it was already gone. So I went to ebay and purchased one there for about $20. Normally I wouldn't spend that much on a lipstick but it was my HG! I was horribly disappointed when I received it. I don't know if the formula and color were changed with the re-release or if I just got a bad tube. It smells fine and there's nothing weird about it, so I don't think that's the case. This tube is a darker, more true peach shade. Not much nude about it. The formula is drying and it accentuates every little line and dry area on my lips. It doesn't apply smoothly at all and gives patchy coverage. Needless to say, I wasn't pleased. There is a very obvious difference between the two. If I had known that, I wouldn't have bought it. Fortunately I've found other great nude lipsticks since then for much cheaper so I'm content. I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase this one if it was like the original.. The new one? No thanks.

on 9/9/2009 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I first discovered this jaw dropping shade because of Make Up Alley girls! So thanks. I adore this shade. I am obsessed with nude lipsticks and this one is in my top favorites. Everyone has described this shade so I won't bother and its just beautiful. I find this to be very pigmented, wears well, and this might sound odd but I love the smell of this lipstick. I hate that its an only PRO shade. I bought mine off of ebay. I bought two tubes and I'm still on my first one, so this will last a long time. It is expensive(about 25 dollars per tube) but its totally worth it. I just love this color. I swatch'd this on my lips so all you girls can fall in love with this color. lol.;) I do put some foundation or concealer on my lips before I apply lipstick or gloss because my lips are so red.

on 3/11/2009 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Peachstock is awesome for my pigmented lips and NC35 skintone. The satin finish makes it every easy to work with.

on 3/2/2009 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It washes out a warm NC 25, FYI. I somehow found the texture to be matter than the other satins, and it's extremely drying even when applied over vaseline. It is a strange nude because while it mutes my lip color, it has an almost neonish peach undertone that still makes my "nude" lips stand out. Maybe it's because I'm really warm. I can see this work beautifully on paler, cool ladies. This is darker than myth but slightly lighter than Siss. It's an okay prouct to keep in your nude lip stash, but I won't repurchase it. I still don't understand why this is a pro exclusive only.

on 3/22/2007 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Peachstock is pro only color, its got an almost matte finish, and is a bit drying unless a lipbalm or base is applied first. the color is less peachy and more nude compared to freckletone, and the texture, since it is a satin, is dryer and more opaque than freckletone.

it looks good on days when I want the nude lip look, also looks good with gloss topped over it.(NC20) I love pairing with with a dramatic or smokey eye.

if you prefer a peachier, more moisturizing lipstick, then freckletone is probably better suited for you.

peachstock is rumored to be discontinued, and my MAC pro store has not had a new one in since 2004.

I'm surprised with the bas reviews of this colour. This lipstick is absolutely gorgeous. It gives you the perfect matte peachy nude look, la Brigitte Bardot. It is a bit drying, but what do you expect being a satin?

on 3/14/2004 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

What a nice color.. I've been looking for a nice peachy-nude for ages, but this comes the closest to being the exact description of peachy-nude; everything else that carried that description just turned out looking pink or tan. Pretty pleased right now =)
P.S. I am a Spring LLL UPDATE: A bit too thick and opaque. Doesn't leave me looking too natural. This is really like stage makeup. For the same effect without the gunky dryness, try NARS' Honolulu Honey.

on 3/11/2004 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Well it's a toss up between this and Fleshpot for my perfect nude lip! I think b/c I'm a redhead, I can pull it off 100%! And get this, I'm a very pale PPP and I don't look washed out one bit! The key though is a pretty dark/smokey eye. As with Fleshpot, which is much more nuder w/out the peach tint, I pare it w/Oak lipliner and top off w/C-Thru lipglass. (Told you I was pale, lol!)