Pixi Lip Booster

Pixi Lip Booster

4.4

on 5/19/2010 1:47:00 PM

On a whim, I ordered this in Trixie from ACW. Other than the horrible, horrible clicky pen style design with an even worse brush applicator, I like it. It looks smooth and pretty and isn't sticky or weird smelling. Trixie looks like a nudish pink on my berry colored lips. I didn't notice any boosting, but it does have good staying power. I just wish they would redo the packaging (hate those pens).

Just bought eight tubes from beautyticket.com for $3.99. Love the colors.

on 4/21/2010 8:45:00 PM

Let's start with the CONs-

1. the brush applicator
2. the applicator brush
3. the clicky-pen brush applicator
4. Well, you get the point- :-)

I hate the brush applicator . . on anything. I actually cut half of the bristles 'cause they were so damn long. It made a mess for applying. I sooo much rather have a doe foot applicator than any kind of brush. I hate "clicky-pen" anything (lipgloss/concealer) because you can never get the right amount of clicks. One too few, two too many, etc.

Luckily for this gloss I absolutely, freakin' love the color so I'll put up with the packaging!! I have Sindri and it's the most beautiful reddish/brown/sheer berry color I've ever seen. Smells like strawberries, like REAL strawberries, not strawberry candy. Looks great on me (fair-med/yellow undertones). Lasting power is alright, not too thick, not too thin, fades nicely, doesn't leave the dreaded "ring". Thicker than Revlon SL glosses. Price ($16) is a tad too expensive for a "Target" gloss, I don't care who "Pixi" is. Target is Target.

Now if I can just find a way to decant it into an old lipgloss tube . . . . . .

on 2/26/2010 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why must great lipglosses come with a crappy twisting applicator?!
I have this in the color Trixie which is a light shimmery baby pink. It's not sticky or waxy. Its quite smooth and smells like strawberries. You get a pretty good amount of product and it has a decent staying time.
Nothing negative about this except for the applicator that takes five hours to twist up. :)

on 7/26/2009 10:09:00 PM

I got this in Zuzana, which is a sheer hot pink.
Target is discontinuing some of the colors in this line. The price is normally $16 (I think a few dollars cheaper than if you bought it at Sephora or online), but I got it on clearance for $8.
I normally don't like click pen lip glosses, but I decided to give this one a try because the color was so pretty.
I'm very happy with it. The gloss is super sheer and has moisturizing qualities. My lips were left very soft, as if I had used a balm.
The product also has a faint strawberry scent and is shiny without being too glossy.
I've had no problems with too much product coming out of the pen, which is the problem I have had with pen-style lip glosses before.

on 5/12/2009 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was looking for a good opaque burnt caramel gloss without sparkle, picked up Freya. The scent/flavor is nice. The color is not as opaque/solid as i had in mind, but it's very neutral.

The twist up brush on mine keeps forcing a goop of gloss out the side of the brush which is very annoying for expensive gloss. I tried fluffing/rearranging the bristles, it's stuck that way.

on 4/29/2009 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am a lipgloss junkie I have found my HG. Pixi is by far the best gloss that I have used so far. My Clinique Black Honey has been bumped...
I bought the booster in Sindri (red/burgundy) and it smells like mild strawberry, as already mentioned in the review below. The brush applicator allows the product to glide on easily, which is a plus. I like the fact that by turning the bottom gadget, you are able to control the amount of gloss that comes out..which beats squeezing too much gloss out of a tube. I am African Canadian. I really do not need a booster and I cannot really see any difference in the size of my lips, so if this is why you are buying the product, you may want to wait for more reviews. Sindri compliments my skin tone well and the colour is not very dark once applied. I found it at Target in Watertown, NY. I drove up from Canada. I bought the 3 that they had and will be returning to purchase. Great product!!

Going back for more colors! I'm really loving this line. This is my favorite product from Pixi along with their lid and line. This line attempts to make quick work out of makeup with some innovative packaging and combining of products. This gloss goes on quick and easy, not sticky like bobby brown and mac. I love that it plumps and fills in lines without the metallic sheen. Rare are glosses that cover but don't glare with glitter! Will be buying more.

on 2/12/2009 12:07:00 PM

This is from Pixi's line for Target - currently (2009) in stores -

I just purchased this in "Faerie"/No. 9 a few weeks ago - a lovely, shimmery neutral nude color - looks light bronze in the tube but goes on sheer beige/nude and smells like strawberries. It applies easily - although I will say I don't particularly care for the twist-up brush applicator - but that's not a big enough deal to keep me from using it or re-purchasing.

It's not sticky like some of my MAC glosses, and has decent staying power, especially if you apply after some pressed powder on you lips.

I can't wait to purchase more colors - highly recommended to all. I also think this color would work well for all skin tones - will be my go-to this summer.

EDIT: I also purchased this product in Sindri/No. 8, which looks dark and scary in the tube, but goes on a sheer brick red, without a hint of pink. I love it - the perfect darker gloss for those of us that can't do the pink - it's not a blue-red, either. Again, I'm not a huge fan of the twist-up brush, but it's a good enough gloss I'm not complaining, too much! I hope they don't discontinue these - I'll have to buy them out!