MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I never tried this as an under eye concealer. I'm using it to cover up my acne scars. I'm not sure how people are claiming that it covers acne scars beautifully, at least that is not happening with me. My mac foundation shade is nc42 (perfect match). But nc42 shade in this concealer is little light if applied directly but it blends well and matches my skin. However from acne scar concealing point of view, it provide semi coverage (about 60% coverage). Also it stick to my dry patches (that I got from acne medication). Overall not very happy with it.

At first, I loved this concealer. I get redness around my cheekbones, underneath my nostrils, underneath my lips and on the tip of my nose. This concealer was fantastic for masking that redness, applied on top of foundation/tinted moisturiser and underneath a setting powder.

HOWEVER!

There is HEAPS of product in the little tubs meaning that the concealer will last a LONG time. I have had this for about 7 months and now the product is starting to dry out quite a lot. I sometimes get quite dry skin in the aforementioned red-zoned areas and in recent months I've noticed this concealer exacerbating that problem SO much more, which is really unfortunate :(

I also am starting to dislike the thickness of the texture as it feels quite laborious to get enough product warmed up and creamy now. Which is a shame, because I really really did like this concealer, but now I think I may have to abandon what's left and try something new.

ALSO: this may just be my clumsiness but the little clear plastic window fell out of the top of the packaging... this may be contributing to the product drying out.

on 4/14/2016 3:03:00 AM

i bought because of spf. i tried it first. it s decently good, maybe i m not very good at using it. but in general i m not very good at concealer

on 4/9/2016 6:38:00 PM

This is a very pigmented concealer, it works really well on bruises since I always get fillers and Botox all over my face. Would I use it daily? No, only if I have major discoloration on my face. The staying power of this formula is very strong. This concealer lasts a very long time, I've had mine for 3 years and I still have a lot left and it's still creamy

on 4/7/2016 8:19:00 AM

This product always annoyed me but recently i found another way of using it!

I always found it to be far to dry for under eye concealer even though the coverage was perfect for covering up those dark circles. It would always just cake!

I stopped using it for around a year and starting using the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer which i love and have already reviewed!

HOWEVER, i have no gone back to using this for extra coverage where i need it & under my eyes!!
Basically i drop the tiniest amount of Manuka Doctor Brightening Oil on the concealer and warm it up and it turns it very creamy and doesn't dry cakey or thick!!!!

So happy i get to use this again!

on 3/17/2016 10:02:00 AM

This is definitely my absolute HG concealer, it covers all, and it stays put like a solidier.

Pros +

+ Good color match for my fair skin in NW15
+ Really good staying power
+ Lasts forever, so worth the price
+ Heavy coverage, so good for my redness, slight acne and scars
+ Doesn't crease on me
+ Doesn't break me out

Cons -

- None I can think of right now

on 3/2/2016 3:17:00 PM

This is holy grail concealer if you have acne problem or things to cover on your face. I've tried many different concealers from high end to drugstore and this is the best! but if you lookin for full coverage obviously.
First of all it deserves to money because even if i use this almost every single day for almost 7 months now and there's still half of the product left. Which is a pro after you gave all that money.
It's totally very full coverage concealer that can cover everything. If you don't need that much coverage just skip this one, there are lots of good medium-full coverage concealers in drugstore. But i got some acne scars and redness. Because i am acne-prone there are few blemishes always on my face and this stuff just erases all of em.
It also made me love some of the foundations that i thought very sheer coverage like mac face and body.
I love to use before foundation and it just basically makes you look flawless then you're good to go without even foundation. I definitely recommend to people who need full coverage.
Btw don't use this as a concealer+highlighter under your eyes or other places because it's very very thick consistency. Maybe only for dark circles. Don't forget less is more on this product.
I took better result with my finger i like to tap on and it's done!
Totally worth the money.

on 2/29/2016 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

So I have really bad acne scarring on my cheeks and chin and and jaw. This covers up everything! I highly recommend it. It is very thick and you only need a TINY bit. When I use it I get a small concealer brush and apply it to my spots and scars and then blend out with my finger or my real techniques expert face brush and it covers well. I bought this in the summer and it's currently March and I still have loads left, so the price is okay because it lasts such a long time and I use it every time I wear makeup. Also consider that I use this to cover most of my scars and uneven pigmentation so I would use more of the product than someone who would like to cover a spot or two. When I hit pan on this product I will be upset but I'll know it's lasted me so long. The product is so small so I carry it with me everywhere with my powder just for touch ups.

on 2/9/2016 1:35:00 PM

This concealer has an amazing color range :)
now the bad...
Its doesnt cover well...you can still see a lot of imperfections after you applied it...
clings to dry patches and NEEDS to be set if now itll slide right off!
If you NEVER get dry patches try it ...

on 2/8/2016 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have fair skin that is very thin, I always have very dark circles, and red veins on my eye lids. I've tried many concealers and I always come back to this one.
I use NW20 and I like that it covers very well, and matches my skin tone nicely. I also like that no product is wasted from the container, and it lasts a very long time.
I apply it with my ring finger and tap it in quickly, then use my foundation sponge to go over it.
It's true that it can seem a little dry if your not used to it, so I find using a clean finger to apply it warms up the concealer a bit making it go on smoother. I also apply eye cream or coconut oil to moisturize in the AM which really helps it go on nicer.
I then set it with Benefit Powderflage which helps prevent creasing.
I have tried using a more moisturing concealer like Mac's Mineral/moisturing liquid one, but it just didn't cover well enough (and I haaate the sponge tip and tube packaging, such a waste of product.)
By the end of the day a little bit of blue is still visible under my eyes so am considering trying a more colour correcting concealer in a peach tone to see if that makes a difference.

P.S. I could do with or without the spf, but I kind of prefer it since I wear a vit C eye cream under it which makes my skin extra sensitive to the sun.

*****UPDATE
My bad, I Just realized Benefit Powderflage is dicontinued :( Good thing I still have two jars left.