MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

3.8

on 10/9/2016 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Overall I liked this product. It has an amazing coverage and it lasts a really long time on your skin. Actually I used this (I've finished it) under my eyes where I have my biggest problem to cover up. I really had to moisturize my under eyes otherwhise it would have creased like hell and blend it very well with a beauty blender to not make it look cakey.
I think it's better for covering acne scars and anything like that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

What the fuck MAC!!! I have just found out this amazing concealer has been discontinued along with my other beloved MAC studio tech foundation. Ive been using SF for a few years now. i bought NC35 and NC42 (im a NC40-42). I only use the NC35.
I have a small red birthmark that's about the size of a 5 cent piece on my left cheek. I've tried everything to cover it. dermablend-too sticky, youngblood-too thin, napoleon-wrong colour match, estee lauder-breakouts etc.
I've stuck with this as its very opaque, and stays put when i set it with mac mineralize skinfinish natural in medium dark. my skin can get pretty oily so im always blotting but this still stays put. will repurchase if i can ever find it again. Im so devastated its gone.

on 7/28/2016 6:06:00 PM

Hi guys!

I LOVE this concealer for my acne scarring. I have been using it for a good few years now. It is heavy duty, thick/creamy and quite dry. The description may sound off putting but I promise it isn't! I have tried several different concealers but nothing compares to this one. I use shade NW 35 although my MAC foundation shades are in the NC tones. I tend to dot it on my acne scarring and just slightly pat using my beauty blender sponge. I apply it under my foundation rather than on top. My shade looks quite orange and dark but it sure does the job! I have tried this in a different shade (NC) for under eyes but felt it was too thick and difficult to blend.

Whether you have red blemishes or dark spots/acne scarring, this is THE concealer to use. For a little pot, it sure goes a long way!

on 5/24/2016 12:12:00 PM

This is one of the first concealers I really used and was one of my first MAC purchases so I loved it when I was 18. But now, with so many other options out there I'm not really a fan. I don't remember the color but it has a slight orange tint to it. I have quite a bit left and I use it to carve my eyebrows after I fill them in and will use it to conceal some redness around the nose and blemishes when I'm in a hurry to get ready in the morning for work. I noticed that as opposed to before, again it looks kind of orange-y around my brows and I don't think it's the best. True you do get a lot of product but it's just meh. Also, I think I dropped the package so the plastic part popped out and I have to be careful not to drop it when I open it and place it carefully back when closing. In all it's decent and I'll use up but won't repurchase.

on 5/24/2016 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use this to cover blemishes as I'm quite prone to break outs, but it Cakes and oxidises throughout the day, clings to my peach fuzz and looks very unnatural :( although it is very full coverage. It's very long wearing and also contains SPF which is always a plus for me! I only gave one lipstick for packaging as the lid cracked and the clear plastic circle with 'MAC' written on it fell off. Now the product has no lid and I've had to store it specially so that the product doesn't dry out.. To me this is an expensive product as I've tried drugstore concealers that have performed better. At the moment I'm using it as an eyeshadow base because I have no other use for it, but as an eyeshadow base I found it works quite well and keeps my eyelids from becoming oily. You get a lot of product in this little tub. I just see no real purpose to buy this again because there are a lot of cheaper products that look a lot better on the skin!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I had this but I did not like this. I mainly need concealer for undereyes but it looked very unnatural. For other areas it is okay. Mostly I do not like the cover sticks or concealers that have this thick waxy texture. I also did not lke Bobbi Brown Corrector which is softer and oilier than this. I actually prefer Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage to both of these. In my opinion MAC is even drier than Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage. Bobbi Brown is the softest one of the three.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have this concealer in NW45, NW40 and NC35! Love all of them and for different reasons.

I use my NW45 to conceal my hyperpigmentation and this works like a dream under my foundation, which is also by MAC in the same colour code!

The other 2 I use for highlighting. They do not look ashy and seem to blend without too much hassle. I also really like the creamy consistency and how the product glides on my skin. These concealers haven't broken me out as yet but I will wait as I have only just recently started using these again after a long break trying out other products.

Packaging - hate it! Only reason this doesn't have 5 lipsticks! The little round thingy this comes in makes it difficult to scoop out product and would need to use fingers which I find unhygienic and just eww. The clear plastic casing on the lid constantly comes off too which is annoying and can dry out the product.

The product also dries out in its packaging. Not cool but can live with. Product also cakes if not set with a powder so this is something to look out for. I use the ELF corrective yellow or my MakeUp Academy translucent powder.

I haven't travelled with my concealers as yet but they seem portable enough to travel well.

Conclusion: I would definitely repurchase. This is just under £16 in the UK and the quality is great and product lasts for ages. I have had my concealers for maybe a year now and none of them are near finishing! I recommend this concealer 100%

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a solid workhorse concealor. Great for blemishes, and ok under the eye if used sheerly. It's the same as Mac full cover foundation so you could use it all over if you like. Basically it's a heavy cream foundation. You need to set it as it will slide and crease as it warms and becomes more emollient with body heat. It can be very natural; my husband uses it all the time (just the concealor, no powder). It's actually in his side of the vanity mirror cabinet so I have to go get it from him when I want it. Huge color range.
This isn't a sexy exciting product, but it's a great and hugely important basic.

on 4/27/2016 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmmm
I've had this for a long while, I think 6years or so, so my review might not be the most accurate since I don't know how long you can use this until it goes bad. It used to work fine for me, but as my skin got dryer throughout the years, it started accentuating the dryness under my eyes. Also, my lid broke off after a while, so I couldn't take it anywhere and had to limit it to home use only.

Pro:
- very natural finish, not cakey
- blends well

Con:
- not cruelty free
- doesn't work for dry skin
- highend pricetag

on 4/27/2016 1:00:00 PM

This product is NOT for everyone...

Again i find myself lost in the "hype" of certain products, not paying enough atention to my actual needs and not others...

I bought this expecting a super coverage concealer that could work for both undereye and pimples. Well, yeah... for me, it doesnt really work for either...

Being combo skin, this concealer just MEALTS. For both undereye and acne, it just melts! Its does cover when you apply it to your face, but even with power on top, it will crease or move! Drives me crazy!! I cant trust in this tiny friend to spend the entire day on my face...

I stil use it from time to time when i dont have anything else to put on, and im not going to be out for long, but its def NOT a must have. Probably does wonders for dry skins. After this (and many cream foundations fails) i learn that for oily/combo girls, liquids are the best option.

On a positive note, this does contain A LOT of product (i've had it for years now and barely going down), the packaging is so cute and convenient for travelling and is sturdy enough to not break.

With lasting power, this would be THE BOMB.