MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Black
MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

The problem I have with it is the concealer disappears after 2 hours and it makes my forehead oily. I've used it everyday for a week now and it hasn't broken me out yet even though my forehead gets kind of oily. Who knows maybe it's just me getting oily and not the product itself.
People say it's cakey under the eye but I use the Sonia Kashuk crease brush and it forces me to use the product very sparingly and sparingly is all I need to cover my dark circles. No creasing, no caking!
It just goes away after a few hours. I'm still going to keep looking but so far this is the best for me
I find that Maybelline's waterproof coverstick works just as well, and is MUCH cheaper. I just wanted to love this concealer because it cost me so much.

on 4/5/2010 6:01:00 PM

I went to the MAC counter at Nordstrom's and asked the SA's for a product to cover undereye circles. I got a very young girl in her early 20s, poo poo me saying I didn't really have dark circles but she proceeded to help select this product for it. I went home and after several days noticed that it was very drying and obvious. This is not a good product for undereye circles.

I then read some makeup blogs and I found a good one at redpointbeauty.com called NOC out compact and they were having a sale for 50% off. So I ordered that one and was pleased with the creamy texture. Another one that has been recommended for undereye but I've only tried out in the store is the theBalm time balm concealer at Sephora. Anyway, I love Nordstrom's return policy. Even though I used it - though only a few times, they took it back no questions asked. I will be more careful about buying makeup in the future because I hate to return things.

on 3/31/2010 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When it comes to the average consumer looking for a concealer, generally, women want (and should look for) moisturizing, hydrating, creamy and brightening (for the undereye at least). I'm not the average consumer. My skin is really really greasy. Occasionally, I want to cover up dark circles that don't always exist. Generally, I want to look less tired, less like a law school student. When I buy concealers, I want it to be really dry, very opaque, and two shades lighter than my (powder) foundation. I want it to be slightly yellow (because I'm Asian and there is no denying the yellow). It would be a plus if it actually brightened the area. In the past, I've had to use two products. A concealer from Lauder with cement-adhering qualities and the Touche Eclate from YSL plus more time than I currently have to devote to my undereye, would give me that fresh-faced, doe-eye'd look. Now, I have this. I like to warm it up a little by using my fingertip and rubbing the surface of the product and then tapping it on. It is opaque and highly pigmented. A little goes a long way. It also dries/sets/adheres. I can brighten the area under my eyes and cover up the darkness without using a lot of product. After a full day, all of my makeup starts to move around my face like the Pangea continents splitting apart. In light of all that, this concealer stays very well. I would not recommend to women who have dry skin, especially under the eyes (if that is where they want to use id). It would be good to conceal blemishes because of how dry it is however, there should be no flaky skin around the blemish. What I really like about this product is that there is not a hint of pink in the NC20 so it looks very natural.

on 3/29/2010 4:53:00 PM

I have this in NC30 and I really like it. It provides good coverage and a pot of this has lasted me foreverrr (I've had one for 8 months so far and haven't even hit the bottom yet). Make sure to moisturize well before using this or else it will accentuate dry patches. As a far as I know, I will repurchase until I can find another concealer that covers as well as this one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I found an almost perfect match for my skintone. I use it in NC45, and while it is a tiny bit darker than my skin it's not that noticeable.
This covers my acne scars pretty well. I also use it on my mouth area and chin since my skin is darker there (similar to melasma.) My only problem is that this sinks into this one line I have on the corner of my mouth, and it looks kind of cakey. It also smudges VERY easily, like if I hug someone or put my face down on my binder in school, it leaves a mark. MAC claims it's waterproof, which is not true. I've walked through the rain and had my makeup come off. It also slides off easily when you sweat or if you have oily skin. I'm oily in the T-zone, and after applying this I look even oilier.
I'm only using it now cause it almost perfectly matches my skin and it's a fair price ($20 including tax at The Bay in Canada.)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in NC35 for my NC40-42 skin. It does conceal well but bit drying and too matte even for my oily skin. It looks too yellow on my skin even though I have yellow undertones. But it has amazing coverage, especially for pimples, blemishes and acne scars. I just need to make sure I'm moisturized before I use this concealer.
EDIT: I thought NC35 will be way too dark under my NARS Stromboli foundation but it's actually been working great. And I haven't experienced any dryness since I'm half way through the pot and I take few seconds to warm up the product with my fingers before application.

on 3/5/2010 10:01:00 PM

i have a lot of post acne scars, which really frustrated me so i broke down and bought this concealer after hearing some pretty good things about it. i think this concealer, however, is alright. it does conceal very well. it doesnt feel heavy and a little goes a long way. the packaging is also pretty good. it's tiny and easy to carry around, but be careful where you bring this because even a little bit of heat can make this melt (my desk lamp was even able to melt the top layer). its also opaque and pigmented, but i found after a while it fades/rubs off, so my scars end up showing again. also, it has a tendency to grip on to dry patches, especially after finishing powder has been applied. i've also found that if you use too much, it will settle into fine lines and also cake. i was warned by the SA though to use very little of this because of those issues. another problem i have with this concealer is the colour selection. i don't understand why mac skips the NC25 shade, which is my skin tone. the SA instead had to use NC30 on me, which is a little bit too dark. the ligher shade, NC20, is too light on me. why mac, why?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my HG. i wouldn't survive without this concealer. it give u the best coverage. totally covers up my pimple scars and all. set it with powder and it will stay there for long hours.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this concealer. I mix in a little of the MAC eye response cream as told my an MAC artist and apply this to the undereye circles. It makes it creamier. I also use it for to hide my blemishes. It does a great job! For reference, I'm an NC35 in foundation and use NW25 and NC35 for the dark circles and blemshies. Does the job amazingly!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is the best thing that i have in my make up collection. very small but terrible!! i give compliments whoever made this concealer.. its the best.. covers everything with the right application.. will but purchase over and over