MAC Studio Finish Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Other
MAC Studio Finish Concealer

on 4/9/2013 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing. I have a few dark spots on my face and haven't been able to find a concealer to actually cover them. This product does just that! It isn't for highlighting or anything, so I use two different concealers(I know it's a lot of different products, but it's worth it!). The concealer cost $18 at Dillard's, which was ok with me since it actually works. Ladies, if you have dark spots or blemishes and can't seem to find something to hide them.....this is the way to go! I will continue purchasing this product!

on 3/8/2013 4:42:00 PM

I am usually a Sephora Benefit girl, but i was looking for something cheaper than my 28 dollar erase paste that didn't settle into lines so much. This was 18 dollars and looks way better on me. It can get drying after a while so I add eye cream inside to give it moisture. I recommend!

on 1/23/2013 10:57:00 AM

I love this concealer but mainly for my brows only. The dry texture makes it easy to clean up the brows and use as a highlight for your brow bone. This concealer is not a long wear concealer and probably not completely suitable for under the eyes since it has a dry texture. But it is a good concealer to use.

on 1/2/2013 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the concealer that I've been using for a while and I'm not very satisfied with it, but I continue to use it since it's the only concealer that give my very bad dark circles a little coverage. I use the NW40 and use the NC45 foundation. This concealer creases like crazy and it goes into the lines under my eye. It's to orange for me, but the NC concealer seems to get really grey, so that's why I use the NW one.
People recommend the Bobbi Brown concealer, but I'm not sure if I have to buy one. Because all the MUA/SA seems to giving me the wrong tone and I spend so much money on concealers.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this concealer! It has replaced my all time favorite, benefit erase paste, and it is much cheaper. Heed the warnings about using it as an under the eye concealer-it does crease. I apply mine with a light hand and blend it very well. Dust a bit of powder over it.
It is a very creamy, long wearing formula and a little goes a long way. I use it in shade NW20 and it matches perfectly. I don't have acne so I can't say how it works for covering that, but I do have a lot of chin/nose redness and it works beautifully on this area. Give it try!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing concealer, wouldn't go back to any other after using this. It hides any imperfections, brightens and smooths skin. If you have good skin, you could use this alone for dark circles or imperfections and just buff it into skin.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I own this product in the shade NW15. For light makeup days, or days I need to get out the door fast, I really like to use this as "foundation."

I spray MAC Fix+ on my counter, dab some onto my kabuki concealer brush (Ecotools limited edition), swirl into the Studio Finish concealer to pick up some product, and then just lightly dab all over my acne scarring on my cheeks. Then I blend the concealer into my skin, and it creates a very natural cover up and finish. I do the same for my under eye circles. Add a quick dash of setting powder and swipe of bronzer, and out the door!

the nice part is, this concealer seems to be lighter than other formulas of foundation or concealer that are NW15, so it blends into my skin, especially when applied with the Mac Fix + spray.

It lasts a long time, especially if sealed in with powder. Does not settle into lines once you blend in. If you don't take the time to blend while you are applying, it may be applied too thick and will settle into lines later on in the day.

Overall, not the perfect "covers any flaws and looks like skin" concealer, but it's my "HG runner-up".

EDIT: After wearing this a couple times, I am unimpressed with how much this slides around after application. It settles in my under eye lines, and it comes off my acne scarring really easily. : (

on 11/16/2012 4:28:00 PM

This is a great concealer for acne and dark spots. I def dont recommend for your eye area. I use a brush and then my finger. It covers extremely well. Its a little greasy especially when you use too much but over all this is a great concealer for acne.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

My Shade: NC50
Price: $18
Coverage: Full
Finish: Dry
Color: Concealer Color Is A Shade Lighter Than The Regular Shade In Other Foundations & You Want You're Concealer To Be Slightly Lighter For Highlighting.
Application: Goes On Very Dry...Apply With Finger & Pat Onto Problem Areas That You Want To Conceal. DO NOT USE UNDER EYE AREA.
Overall: Does What It Is Supposed To Do...Conceal. Set With A Powder.

on 10/18/2012 8:53:00 AM

Good coverage at the time apply it. But fast greasy after. I'm used to cover my under eye area, which is the lest oiliest in my skin but it become greasy and no coverage after just 10 minutes.