L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

2.9

Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexylcinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid

I hoped this would be an improvement over colorvive but it is not. My hair felt limp, and it did not protect my hair color.

on 5/16/2010 12:57:00 AM

Like in my other review on the conditioner, I've used as many shampoos as conditioners and this one smells wonderful, is lightweight, doesn't leave my hair too dry, keeps color, and I don't have to use a lot of the product. The price is good compared to what I'd like to buy (Biolage). :)

on 5/4/2010 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this and I did at first but then I was horrified to learn last night that when I DON'T use this product, my scalp is not itchy and i don't have dime size flakes around my temple area. I wondered why for awhile when I was using this that I was getting dandruff but now i know! I bet its something in the "natural" ingredients that makes my scalp go beserk or dries it out so bad.. What a shame overall, last night I had to chuck the shampoo and conditioner and the bottles were half full. My first and last experience with l'oreal shampoo.L'oreal stick to making makeup, you do that so well! Gonna keep using my CHI shampoo it never lets me down :)

on 4/28/2010 8:49:00 PM

It's not horrible...but not great. It is hard to get out of the tube. Lathers well though. Reason I will not buy again is the scent. It smells exactly like men's green speedstick deodorant.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

The only good thing I can find to say about this shampoo, is it smells 1/2 way decent, other than that it's a huge waste of money. and getting it out of the tube is more work than it's worth.

it did nothing to preserve my haircolor, did not moisturize my hair at all, & left my hair feeling like it had buildup on it. it's priced too high, when compared to how it performs. L'Oreal needs to go back to the drawing board with this one.

the conditioner left my hair flat, not moisturized, but it was easier to get out of the tube.

on 4/1/2010 3:49:00 PM

I was very excited to try this product becuase it was sulfate free. I used it along with the complimenting shampoo. I have very thick wavy hair with a lot of natural body and it generally tolerates products well. But after using this product for about a month, I noticed that the very back underside of my hair had become very greasy and kind of matted even after it was just washed. It was so disgusting. This has NEVER happened to me before. I thought that maybe I just hadn't rinsed well enough, but I finally concluded that the problem was this product. My hair went back to normal after I switched shampoos and conditioners. I do not recommend this product at all.

on 3/23/2010 2:19:00 PM

More poo poo.

I tried it in hopes of finding an alternative to my Pureology, but no. It smells like a dude, and it makes my hair feel dry and sticky when it's wet, which makes it snap and break when I comb it! My hair is dull, frizzy and lifeless with this stuff. It's all bad.

on 2/1/2010 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was very disappointed with this shampoo. I purchased it after I coloured my highlighted hair back to dark. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Redken products which I use after I colour my hair. I didnt find this to be all that cheap (7.99) and it was very thick and hard to get out of the tube. It lathered well but left me with buildup and dull looking hair. By the time the bottle was 3/4 finished, it was too hard to squeeze out the rest and the tube went into the garbage.

Overall, I liked this shampoo. I got it as a sample with my haircolor so no complaints that it's not HG for me. It's scent-free, and it lathers up VERY WELL. I felt like it was coating every inch of my hair, hugging it and cleansing it very thoroughly. I don't have any real complaints about it, I just liked the way it lathered but it didn't seem to make a dramatic difference in my hair, and I prefer scented shampoos so I won't be looking to buy the full-sized product but will continue to use up my sample (2 oz should last me a few more shampoos)

on 1/2/2010 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to try this product on my recently colored hair. But I was disappointed. This shampoo is supposed to be smoothing, but my hair ends up with flyaways. Hair is unmanageable and hard to control. Would not buy again.