MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde Degradé

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde Degradé

4.5

on 2/9/2009 10:46:00 AM

love love love...great blush and highlighter...you just have to be careful that u dont put on to much since its pretty pink...

on 2/8/2009 8:28:00 PM

This was my first MSF and I have to say that I'm impressed. I've received a few compliments from people when I've worn this, none of them about my blush per se, but about my "color" or "glow," which is a good thing given I prefer a natural look and don't like blush that stands out.

This is a pretty true pink--not salmon colored, not hot pink, not mauve, but a rosy pink. It goes on relatively sheer but can be built up for more color. The shimmer is subtle and definitely not OTT. On my NW20 skin it looks like a subtle blush. I wouldn't use this as an all-over highlighter (I'd probably look like I had a sunburn!), but it's nice as a blush.

I like the texture too and how you can add more color with multiple layers. It seems to last all day, even on my oily skin, and blends nicely.

It's on the pricey side at $28 (IIRC), but a little goes a long way and it will likely last me for years. Love it.

on 2/7/2009 11:16:00 PM

I absolutely love this MSF!! I'm extremely fair so I have to be careful with almost anything I put on in terms of makeup. This product is great as a blusher, blends well, and isn't too overpowering for my light complexion. It is a bit shimmery - so if you don't like that, this isn't for you. But, I always like a little shimmer - or a more if I'm going out.

on 2/5/2009 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is one of the nicest MSF's I have ever used! The color is more like a blush it is a pretty almost baby pink color with a lot of frost to it. This isn't really a all over color though so if that is what you are looking for, you may want to pass on this is get Redhead. This is nice though for my NC30 skintone.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

im new to the msf's and this was my 2nd one. i love pinks so this was a must! its a light pink. i have petticoat and that is more 'rose' in color. they are definitely different. this is more of a true pink. its very smooth and applies wonderfully! i doubt i will get a back up, cuz they seem to be big and will probably come out again before i finish. at least i hope! but if u use this often i would get a back up. i think the prices of msf's went up or something. i alway think the prices are a lil high, but i end up buying it anyways!

on 2/2/2009 5:48:00 PM

This product is perfect for PPP's, and great for winter! It's also my favorite MSF of the three I own (Soft and Gentle and Petticoat being the other two) because it's a muted shade, and not in any way glittery or unnatural. On me (NC/W 10 or lighter, hazel eyes, light brown hair), it creates a perfect pale pinkish-rosy flush with slight shimmer (and even when I'm just dusting over the lightest section). I use my 188 brush for a perfect application. It's a super product because it's like blush and highlighter combined! It will also be perfect for spring and softer makeup, but for now it works with both my "natural" looks and also as a complement to strong lips (e.g. Laura Mercier Lip Velvet in Cassis). I'm sorry that this is LE, but the pan is large and should last a long time! I got it for $28.00 at Nordstrom. Highly recommend!

on 1/29/2009 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've found myself disappointed in other MSF's like petticoat as it reflects blue on me and I'm mostly wanting these for use as a glowy blush not a highlighter. I just love blonde as a blush. I mostly use the darker stripes and I get a pink flush with no berry or red tones. This is shimmery yes, but I don't see any glitter and the shimmer is not OTT on me. Fair warning, this is a powdery blush much like Chanel Reflex and you have to tap your brush on or there's powder flying everywhere. Can't rave enough about this blush. I only wish it was just the darker stripes and none of the lighter, peachier ones on the left.

I love this! The colors are beautiful, it is very pigmented and is very shimmery so if you don't like shimmer stay away from this. It has different color stripes across it you can wear individually or swirl all them together. I like to wear the darkest side as my blush then apply the lightest side to highlight my cheekbones. I use my stippling brush when I want a lighter application. This is expensive at $28, but this will last forever.

on 1/24/2009 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I bought 2 msf's the brunette & natural in dark...been using Brunette as blush & Nars Albatross as highlighter and it looks gorgeous on my NW45 skin!

I tried the redhead and blond MFS at Macys. Both were very pretty in the store but when I went out into the sunlight I felt that the blond was much too pinkish/silverish for my NC32/medium plus skintone. I do like the texture of the blond MFS. Really nice and smooth. I ended up picking up the redhead MFS (peachy golden color).

I was looking for a warm pink MFS and read rave reviews about petticoat. Every where I looked it was sold out but I happen to find it on the MAC website a couple days ago (had to search for petticoat -- was not listed with the permanent MFS). I received petticoat today and have to say that I like it much more than the blond MFS. It is a true pink without much silver shimmer.

Popular Blush Products