MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde Degradé

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde Degradé

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Now that I've received 2 containers of this "Blonde Degrade", I'm really stymied by the reviews of this product. Everyone here describes it as being a distinct "Pink", as well as some very fair-skinned [a.k.a. "PPP"] reviewers adding that this is "perfect for PPP's!!". Well, I'm absolutely a PPP -- in fact, one w/ skin so fair I can't even offer you a foundation-colour for reference, in the manner of those many who refer to themselves as being a "NC 15" or a "NW 10", etc., etc. (In fact, I've never-ever found a regular foundation that matches my skin other than the beautifully sheer "Blanc Pure" - yes: pure White - that Chanel once made, yet discontinued long ago.)

Still, since the PPP Reviewers for this MAC Product insist this wonderfully shimmery pink works for them, I thought it would work for me. No such luck! This MAC "Blonde Degrade" is a bronze-y/peach-y/ tawny-Rose colour when applied to white skin, NOT a pink whatsoever: and egads, bronze & peach colours are absolutely awful-looking on TRULY fair skin. NB: Do note that in one way I can't say I was totally surprised how this product turned out upon application, however, because when first studying each of the 2 fresh containers in Mac's shipping box, I was already stunned to see not the pink-shaded powder we all can view right here in the photos on this MUA page -- but instead, a degrade powder consisting of distinctly salmon, coral, & bronze colours, w/ subtle hints of rose in the low-lights & only the barest hint of pink in the faintest of highlights! Yet since I received 2 separate fresh containers rather than only 1, & since both are clearly labeled "Blonde", I can't believe I received TWO incorrectly-labeled items from Mac. If it were just 1 it might be more likely, but the odds of this happening w/ 2 separate containers seem so low as to be well-nigh impossible.

Perhaps what this really means is that there is no such thing as just ONE type of "PPP" colouring. I've certainly met women who call themselves "pale" or "fair" who are far darker than I am; & I've also rarely met others who also find their skin colouring cannot be "typed" and instead is matched only by literally pure-white cosmetic foundation. But even these 2 things do not explain the powder's colouring in the 2 Mac "Blonde Degrade" containers I received. Ah well... it would have been nice to find a truly icy pink highlighting powder!

PS: Can any kind Reviewer here please tell me on which "page" of MUA I can rediscover that great photo of someone's bare arm demonstrating fresh swatches of ALL the different MAC Mineralized Skinfinishes? (I.e., not only the 4 more easily found now in March '09, such as "Soft & Gentle" & "Perfect Topping"; but even the far more rare colours such as "Petticoat", "So Ceylon", & so forth.) I'll be so VERY grateful if you can tell me how to find that photo again! Many thanks in advance. xoxox

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was skeptical about this blush, but after wearing it once, I was sold! The colors are very beautiful and compliment my skin tone perfectly. I use the darker colors for the apples of my cheeks and the lighter colors as a highlight on my cheekbones. It gives me the perfect healthy glow. This should last me for a long time, but I might buy a backup just in case. I love love love it :).

on 3/7/2009 11:42:00 AM

I start to love MAC!! It gives me really fresh n nature makeup, not like couturing makes me look a little bit dirty. I'll wear it everyday!

on 3/1/2009 7:03:00 PM

I love this! I am truly addicted to blush and mascara, I admitted my addiction long ago to my loved ones and they have supported me through.
Anyway, I add this as a highlighter over Blushbaby (HG, use more to contour) and it makes my cheeks pop! I thought it would be too pink, but it is great. Now, off to order the Redhead! I told you, it is an addiction....

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have Redhead on the way to me, and I hope I like it as much as this one. I like my blushes to pack a punch, so I layer the darkest two colors over Well Dressed and use the lightest icy pink as a cheekbone highlighter. It's a great combination and shows up well. It looks glowy and polished. I wish these weren't LE!

on 2/23/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Even though I don't think I would need to anytime soon I would rebuy this color... it is simply the softest shimmering pink blush/highlighter I have tried. I've been applying it with the SK highlighter brush.

lovely color!

on 2/20/2009 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a wonderful shade that works beautifully with my skintone (NC30) but it's a bit expensive for the amount you're getting (About 35 CAD for 9g compared to 30 CAD for 10g for regular MSF's) I love it, but it's just too expensive for me.

on 2/16/2009 7:19:00 PM

Ah. My HG :) I have RedHead and am purchasing Brunette. I thought I loved Redhead, but this completely overcompensated. I am a dark brown hair, dark brown eyes girl and this just makes my face look luxurious! I love the hint of pink it leaves, and it's a great highlighter on top of suddle blushes. I would definately repurchase, love having this :) I took a lippie off for the price, but there is alot of product included.

I'm really happy with this product.
It gives a nice subtle glow without being too full on shimmer.
Really gorgous colour, i love how it goes from salmon to baby pink!
I would recommend as they last such a long time!

on 2/9/2009 11:33:00 AM

I love this product, it looks as if it might be too shimmery but it can be applied in quite a subtle way. The pinks suit my NW25 skin, it is a mix of shades of pink and highlighter tones, and can be used to give a light sheen or built up for more colour. Be careful of layering too much as the pigment is fairly strong on the darker pink strips. It is really flattering and it brightens my complexion. Love it!