MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde Degradé

4.5

on 9/1/2009 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm really glad that I bought this MSF instead of Redhead because this one is much lighter although I am a redhead but it would definitely be too dark for me during winter because I'm quite fair then.

I love all 4 colors, and I love the fact that you can mix them or use them separately which basically means I have 4 blushes/highlighters and all that for only 30$ approx. I love 2 lighter shades which I can use on top of the 2 darker shades as a higlighter.

This MSF lasts quite long on my skin, the whole day basically and it really looks great! I'll definitely try it as an e/s so I'll edit my review a bit later. :)

p.s. I would not buy this product again because this one MSF will last me for years. :D

on 8/25/2009 11:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I use this MSF a lot more often than I thought I would! I just love it! I like the degrade factor, so I can choose my shade lighter or deeper, and when I use the deeper shades as a blush Ill use the lightest shade as a highlight.. just love love love it! The perfect everyday "glowy" pink with no glitter! I bought this one and the Redhead MSF from the collection and I prefer this one just a little (and Im a redhead!) =) Im NC15ish and this is the perfect pink glowy blush for me. I apply it with the Essence of Beauty blush brush.

I love my Blonde MSF! It is different from Petticoat, Blonde has like silver-pink shimmer. Petticoat more raspberry gold shimmer.

I like the degrade factor, so I can choose my shade lighter or deeper.
Is enough as a blush for some, but for me NC30 it's a great highlighter with a touch of color.

on 5/20/2009 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I had no idea that I'd like this MSF as much as I did. A MA used it on me during a makeover with purple shadows, and I just fell in love. I love the degrad idea, because it allows me to control how much pink I want to use in my looks. I like to think that this is the only pink cheek product I'll ever need.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great stuff. This is exactly what I've been looking for for years. A nice glow, but not chunks of shimmer. Beautiful pale cool pink. I love it! I would repurchase!

on 4/9/2009 3:19:00 AM

this gives the exact finish and color as mac barbie pearl blossom. when swiped on my fingers and applied on my cheek bones(nc30), it gives the same result. this makes a great highlighter because pearl blossom is my favorite cool tone highlighters. the only difference between pearl blossom and blonde msf besides their appearance, is the texture of blonde msf is softer, think stila shadows and because it's soft it's easy to pick up too much product. if you do, you get a more metallic finish instead of a shimmery sheen finish which is why i still prefer pearl blossom more.

on 4/8/2009 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I was honestly suprised by this! I had expected this to be my least favourite of the 3 but I find that Blonde out ranks Redhead very easily! Even though this is "Blonde" eluding to paler - its actually darker than Redhead which is the palest of the 3 in this collection, and Blonde has MUCH better pigmentation than Redhead as well. The paler side of the degrade can lean on being a tad frosty, but its totally worth the effort to use since there IS pigmentation and the darker side of the degrade more than makes up for that in depth and quality of colour - it isnt just a shimmery highlighter like I consider Redhead to be. I'm a very pale skinned Brunette and this is a really pretty pink on me - it doesnt melt into the background, and while overall I prefer Brunette in every aspect of colour, slighter shimmer, & depth of pigmentation, Blonde is definitely worthy of having. I'm really impressed and glad I got more than one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased the 'redhead' shade from MAC online. Honestly when I first got it, I was a little disappointed because I hoping it would be a little paler overall. However, once I put it on my skin the color looked great and wasn't overpowering for my SUPER pale (NC15 is too dark for me) skin. Great product, but I will say that I think I'm going to use up the golden side first rather than the mauve. FYI - I apply this with my MAC 129 brush. A little pricey, but I feel as if it will last me forever.

on 3/30/2009 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

As soon as I saw this, I knew I had to have it. Thankfully, it looks as amazing on the skin as it does in the pan, and is one of my new favourite blushes. Used with a light hand it gives you the perfect glowy flush. It's definitely shimmery, but I wouldn't call it glittery or chunky at all. It's smooth and finely milled shimmer. The MSF packs enough colour in one swipe that you don't feel you have to heap on so much product that the shimmer gets to be too much.

I like to swirl all the colours together to apply, but the gradation effect makes it easy enough to separate them if you want to. I like this design better than the previous MSFs, since I can use this as a double blush and highlighter in a pinch.

The one drawback is how expensive MSFs are, in comparison to other blushes out there. They're nearly double MAC blushes, and even more expensive than NARS blushes, which are among the best of the best. continued >>

on 3/30/2009 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite MSF from this collection. I expected this to be pinky, with bronzy hue and its exactly that. Though its "Blonde" its much darker than Redhead, which is much more sheer and doesn't show up on my skin (NC 30) as a blush, but works as a highlighter instead. But this is a beautiful rose pink, with light bronze with finely milled shimmer. I can't believe I waited this long to get it! It's gorgeous! Would definitely buy again!

Popular Blush Products