L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 5/18/2009 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i purchased this to accumulate bonus bucks lol i used another brand that didnt have the two step process. this loreal version dont feel like plastic its not that dramatic either.. it does the job otherwise

on 5/18/2009 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Now, I know almost everybody hates this mascara! I myself actually hated it the first time I used it but then I discovered a new way to use it and I LOVE IT now! The first time I used it, I used the primer then the mascara and it didn't do crap. So then the second time I just used the primer bc I was like well maybe the mascara end of it is crap! So I used the primer side only and then I used my CoverGirl LashBlast and OMG! AMAZING! The primer side is actually really good, its just the mascara that ruins it. My lashes looked fake when I used LashBlast with it. Thats my daily routine for mascara now and its been like that for 2 months now. I love it. But I think Im gonna buy another mascara primer bc the primers really do make the difference!

on 5/15/2009 6:09:00 AM

Although this mascara does visibly lengthen and thicken your lashes, being a tubing mascara it can also clump your lashes together dreadfully. The primer brush is nice and small to reach those little lashes, however the mascara brush is enormous and constantly has too much product on it that you have to wipe it off. It doesn't hold curls well, unless you curl after you've applied it (I haven't tried doing that, though others have). Because it's a tubing mascara, it does wash off in just warm water though.

on 5/12/2009 6:38:00 PM

This mascara does give great length and still maintains my lashes soft. It doesn't clump too bad if you can manage to work quickly with the wand. It doesn't smudge or flake. Cleansing can be a bit tricky because although it says warm water will do the trick, I find that this is not enough to completely get rid of the product. I still need to use my bifacil, but as I wear eyeliners most of the time, this doesn't bother me too much. However, it doesn't add enough volume and most importantly, does NOT hold a curl. Very sad because otherwise it is a great product and priced right. I wish they can improve on the curl effect and this would be a perfect mascara.

on 4/30/2009 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I at least thought the primer end would be decent but that's what I get for thinking. I had the worst time trying to apply the color overcoat and I've been forced to pick those tube things out of my lashes as they've been falling into my eyes. I've likely lost several lashes today.

on 4/26/2009 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

It does what it says it will do: LENGTHEN your lashes. (No where does it profess to be volumizing, and it isn't.) I have to use a lash comb to get rid of the clumps that the black side inevitable creates, so this takes some time to apply. It stays on all day without flaking or smudging, and is a breeze to remove-- just use water. My biggest complaint is that if you're not careful (and sometimes when you are), the white primer shows up on your lashes-- not cute.

on 4/24/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I had used Blinc's Kiss Me tubing mascara previously & was very disappointed by it. It did absolutely nothing for my lashes.... just barely darkened them but they were left flat, straight & unflattering. However, I do have to say that washing off the mascara & seeing the "spider legs" tubing was fascinating for me!

Anyways, I was very skeptical of this product but gave in to purchasing it when Walmart had a promotional double-package of this for super cheap (even cheaper than their singles, so this was better than a BOGOF!). The reason why I finally gave in was that I was getting tired of the black smudging under my eyes with regular mascara, thanks to my very oily skin.

The very first time I used it, I was shocked at how flattering it made my Asian lashes look! Did not take the curl away, as previous reviewers complained about. I was very generous in applying the primer (& am wondering if this was what made the difference vs. Blinc's Kiss Me) & also very generous in applying the mascara (as quickly as possible). I've been using this every day now for a month, totally neglecting my regular mascaras (even my beloved NYX Doll Eye mascara). It really does seem to give the illusion of both lengthening AND volumizing my lashes! Not to an extreme level as some regular mascaras would but still to a rather impressive level upon visual inspection.

I love how easy it is to remove this mascara as well. I simply wash my face & rinse as usual. Then, using wet fingers on wet lashes, I gently rub my thumb & pointer fingers back & forth ever so slightly at the roots & it all slips off easily. I do have to say that it tends to slip off in tubed clumps rather than Blinc's, which has definitive single spider legs!
But I am so glad that I don't have to use a separate eye m/u remover, as the heavy-duty ones really irritate my eyes while the gentler ones are useless at removing m/u (like using water!)

I would definitely purchase this over & over again. It's been a month already & this has already achieved HG status, being the only mascara I'll grab in the mornings! I'm sad that I still have 3 brand new NYX Doll Eye mascaras that I will probably not use! I'll probably give them to my sisters.

I found this mascara to be very disappointing. After seeing the commercial and reading some of the reviews, I expected to get long and lush eyelashes. Whereas the whole tubing thing worked out, it removed with water and all, the mascara took the curl that I spent 5 mins creating for my stick straight Asian lashes. To add insult to the injury, the mascara clumped as well.

on 4/17/2009 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this because I love the idea of tubes. I loved Kiss Me, but found it too expensive. I was really hoping i'd like this because it was a 3rd of the price. To start, i'd like to mention that I have never come accross a primer that I liked. They always weight down my lashes and undo my curls. I have Asian straight lashes. The primer on this is no different. I hate it as much as any other masacar base and primer I have ever tried. I used this product with just the masacar side and i find the formula thin and wet, which, of course, also uncurls my lashes. Grrrr...another rant is I hate the packaging. I can understand that this product is 2 in 1, but i don't like how short the wand is on these double ended products. I also think the brush is too big. Short wand + big brush = smudging on my eyelid. I bought on sale for $8.99 CDN and would never purchase again. I'll just splurge and get Kiss Me.

on 4/15/2009 5:15:00 PM

This product does it's job of tubing and it doesn't smudge. However, I didn't like the primer because it's an extra step I have to do and I still see the whiteness after I p ut on the black side. Most of the time I just skip the primer and apply the mascara. It's way to thin for my liking. This is probably best for someone with thicker lashes then my flat ones.