L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 7/28/2009 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just bought this product yesterday after reading all the reviews on it. I thought to myself what is there to lose. Well to my surprise this mascara is wonderful. Not only did it make my lashes extremely long, but it makes them extremely black as well. The pigment is perfect! I also like how easy it is to wash off, I was also fascinated by the rubber-like tubes coming off my lashes with just a little warm water. The only downfall is the size of the brush I think it's a little too short, but if they were to make the brush longer in length it be perfect.

This mascara is my new drug store favorite, although Diorshow will always be my #1 this stuff comes to a close second.

This is the mascara that I use now, after having tried numerous drug store and high end brands.

It is not perfect, but it's the best I've found.

Pros:
. Thickens, lengthens, and curls
. Never gives me panda eyes - ie no smudging or budging
. Very black
. Lasts well - ie, does not become unusable after a short period due to glugginess.
. The black colour is neither too wet nore too dry so application is relatively easy
. Not too clumpy
. Doesn't give spidery lashes
. The brushes are the right size for separation, definition, and curling
. Removal is super easy: warm water makes the "tubes" slide off the lashes.

Cons:
. Buildability could be better. After one or two coats of the black colour, further coats will give some clumping
. If you udon't remove the mascara before bed, some of the black colour will flake off, leaving the white undercoat visible.
. The packaging is a bit unwieldy if you're in a rush.
. If you have sensitive eyes, the dried flakes of colour could be irritating

Overall:
For the price, there isn't a competing products that will give so many benefits with relatively few problems.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this mascara...I have short wild eye lashes...I have tried numerous mascaras & this is the first one in a loooong time that has really made a difference in the look of my eye lashes. Yes reading the directions is very key...*TIP* do one eye at a time-apply primer then mascara to one eye before applying anything to the other eye...Ive been hearing rave reviews about lash blast so Im gonna try it in comparison to this one...the only con...is taking it of you can lose a couple of lashes

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara!!!
My lashes are naturally long which might make a difference on how well it works but it makes them sooooo much longer! i don't mind the 2-step application because the first step conditions your lashes making them nice and soft. the second step gives you color and separation, making them appear longer.
i got it on sale at Wal-Mart. (value-pack) it was buy one get one free and i found it on the clearance aisle for only $5!!! $2.50 a tube!!! i would even buy it for $13 at Wal-greens because i love it so much.
It doesn't smudge, flake, run, or do anything unappealing.
its really easy to remove too. just place warm water on your lashes for 30 seconds and gently wipe or pull the mascara off.

on 6/23/2009 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product makes me really sad because it makes my lashes look so amazing but trying to take it off is a nightmare. I have to tug on my lashes to get it off, even with good makeup remover! I've literally torn off lashes trying to get this stuff off. So sad!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I got this mascara in Black, but for me the colour looks like a dark grey. I have stick-straight Asian lashes, so I curl them really well, then use this and it just straightens them out again. I does help legthen, but you can't tell because it's straightened my lashes. Also, I think it's a rip because it doesn't have that much product in each side, not worth the money you pay for it. It is however, very easy to remove, which I didn't realize at first and lost a couple of lashes learning how, but you just immerse your lashes in water and give a little, gentle rub to them and it rolls off.

on 6/10/2009 10:38:00 AM

I bought this mascara for its promise to lengthen lashes up to 80% and because it is supposed to come off easily in "tubes" with just the use of water. I didn't really notice any difference in the length of my lashes as compared to other mascaras I've used. In fact, it seemed to be pretty much average to below average. It comes with a lash primer on one end and a mascara on the other end. I tried using the primer and then mascara directly afterward without letting the primer dry and I also tried letting the primer dry first. Neither technique created much extra length but allowing the primer to dry did work very slightly better. The primer is pretty much a waste of time and money, in my opinion. And because the primer takes up one side of the tube, you get 1/2 the amount of mascara and therefore have to replace it sooner. Besides the lack of length, it did nothing at all for volume. I have fine hair but most mascaras create at least a little thickness in my lashes. This one did not. In pictures it almost looks like I don't have any lashes at all. Also, I curl my eyelashes using a heated metal Shu Uemura curler before applying the mascara and that usually works fine. For some reason, this mascara causes me to lose the curl and makes my lashes straight almost immediately.
As far as the promise of easy removal and no smudging, it does come off in tubes to a certain extent. While in the shower, I pinched my lashes and pulled the mascara off and it pretty much did what it was supposed to. But when I stepped out of the shower and looked in the mirror, I still had the "raccoon eyes" to a certain extent.
The packaging is kind of awkward and inconvenient. The ends of the tube are pointed so when you remove the wand from the tube and have to place the tube on a flat surface, it can't stand up. When you place it its side, it rolls.
I do not like this mascara. It's below average and not worth the cost. I won't be buying it again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is just ok for me. I like what it does to my almost non-existent eyelashes, but when I'm washing them off (easier in the shower), I don't like that fact that I have to almost literally take them off. I feel like my own lashes might be coming off with them. Will not repurchase.

on 6/1/2009 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I will start by saying that I followed the directions given in these reviews prior to use so I did not have any of the issues with clumping etc. Once I did use a few times and had success what I noticed was that it did not really lengthen any more than any other mascaras and what I did not like is that it does not provide any curl. Even after I applied after using my lash curler it effectively straightens them out again. Once I tried to re-curl after putting the mascara on and my lashes stuck to the lash curler a little bit causing some pulling, but in the end it did curl again. Once positive is that I fell asleep with this on and it did not leave black smudges like all the others. In order to get the tubes off I used a warm washcloth over my eyes for a few seconds and then cleansed as normal and I did not have any problems. I will not buy this again. Still looking for HG mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this mascara because I was excited about the idea of something actually not smudging. And they're right, this doesn't smudge. However, it flakes like crazy--like all the way down my cheeks. Weird. I often got that spidery look (it is very easy to over apply this stuff), but I kept on using it because occasionally it gave me the type of lashes I've always wanted: long, dark, curved, and enough to "frame" my eye. However, this also made my lashes FALL OUT. This has never happened to me before, but I see that it has happened to a few other reviewers. Moral of this story: Be careful what you wish for.