Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm completely frustrated because I bought this after reading all the reviews on here. This bronzer looks terrible on me. I don't know why, but it's the only bronzer I've ever used that gives me weird colored splotches all over my face. Like some parts of my face will look way dark but right beside it is a really white splotch, and no matter how much i layer or blend the bronzer, it still stays white and splotchy. Also, I used it over top of my Urban Decay foundation, and it made my skin look BLUE. I was like WTF? blah!! If anyone can slap some sense into me and tell me the right way to use this..help!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this the same time i bought pink leopard cuz the packaging was super cute together. im nw20/n5 && this is perfect! its brown, not orange! Its matte which i like in a bronzer. i apply this in the hollows of my cheeks then blend up. it really makes my cheekbones look high! it smells real good like choco && the packaging is super cute w the mirror! It lasts all day n night w/o touching it up again. Its super pigmented so this will last me 4ever but i would buy again ♥

on 7/8/2010 5:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

My favourite bronzer ever. I love fact that it's matte. It is also the only bronzer I've tried who is BROWN, and not orange or yellowish. As a bonus the smell is lovely (it even tastes good. Yes, I had to try when I read it, lol). It's easy to make it look natural on the skin, and it's easy to build up if you want more color.

I use it with Too Faced Retractable Kabuki Brush, and it is really the perfect combo. My HG bronzer, no doubt.

This is the perfect bronzer for light skinned girls who don't tan much during the summer! I was a little afraid to put this on because it's so much darker than my skintone and it also looked a lot warmer in the pan. I already have an oompa loompa bronzer so this couldn't be any worse.
OMG! This is so amazing! On all levels! It's matte, it's buildable without ever looking powdery, it creates the perfect shading, it stays on until I want to take it off, it has a great mirror, it smells fantastic and I am probably going to stay loyal to this bronzer forever (though that's not stopping me from still buying others, just for diversity)
I find it pretty expensive, at 30 something $, but then again, you get a lot of use out of it so it's worth it.
I love how I can use this under blushes that normally don't look so good on my fair skin. I can finally wear that glittery hot pink blush and not look like a clown!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is by far the best bronzer ever , it's a matte brown color but I see no orange ! I've ha this for a yr and use it everyday a little goes a long way ! I love the chocolate scent it has ;)

Normally im not a fan of bronzer, but i saw this in Sephora and was interested right away. It smells amazing plus i love the packaging. It is expensive, but i had to get it. Right when i got home i tried this on. I was wearing just MSFN and concealer. Chocolate Soleil looked slightly orange, and it just looked off. I was sad, but i decided to make it work. I know you will cringe at this, but i love my studio fix liquid even though it makes my face darker. It doesnt look orange at all, it makes my face look tan. I put that on, then tried this, and it was AMAZING! I dont think this bronzer is for fair people, only for people with slightly darker skin NW20+ It is so pigmented, which means that it can easily look muddy if you dont blend. I know im making this bronzer sound horrible, but its really amazing. I get compliments like "wow you look so tan!" and people ask what im using. I love that it has a mirror so i can touch this up if i need to (which i dont since it lasts all day) This doesnt break me out even though i have acne prone skin. I love how this bronzer is matte, but doesnt look powdery. It has a very slight sheen to it. I would buy this again

on 6/14/2010 7:15:00 PM

This product is sexy! Color is rich and smells DELICIOUS. It's very buildable and blendable. This is my go to bronzer and you can never go wrong with the built in mirror. Too Faced never seems to dissapoint me.

Pros: the smell is amazing, packaging is super cute, its a nice dark bronzer which is good if you have tan skin or are tan from the sun like in the summer and want to be more bronze.

Cons: its very dark... not usable in the winter if you want to look the least bit natrual and not fake. i think this will be a good bronzer in the summer when i am already tan becuase my light bronzers wont show up but i WOULD NOT recommend it to anyone who dosnt tan to a dark shade or is very fair in skin. go for a lighter shade bronzer . this will look rediculous

on 6/1/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm also in love! I never really thought a matte bronzer could look better than shimmery bronzers. Boy was I wrong! I figured since I'm getting older and would rather have shimmer in my eyeshadow it was time for a matte bronzer. I was debating between this one and Benefit hoola. But after reading hoola had parabens(I try to avoid them) I chose too faced. Plus how could I pass up chocolate in my bronzer? This gives my cheeks color, and looks so natural (If you don't use a heavy hand). Highly recommend for all:)

EDIT: Still my HG bronzer, I just wanted to add the best way to apply this is with a large fluffy powder brush. I use the eco tools powder brush, and apply all over with very little product. A very subtle bronzy look! Hope this helps someone:)

on 6/1/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this bronzer!LOVE IT!I posted a question asking for a good bronzer that had no glitter and someone told me about this.I wanna thank this person so much because this bronzer is exactly what I have been looking for.The color is beautiful.Reminds me of hot chocolate powder lol.And it smells like hot chocolate to yumm.I am most happy about there being no glitter in it so it looks natural.I put this on my t zone and my cheeks.If I wanna look more tanned ill dust a bit all over.Doesnt look orange.This is truly my fav bronzer.It is expensive for a bronzer 28$I believe but its worth every penny.