Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Do I need to add a review among the 300+?

This stuff is so sweet. (Pun intended)
I traded my Benefit Hoola bronzer for this - I'm so happy I did.

I have oily acne prone skin, I have tried many bronzers, either they made me look muddy or they were too orange for my tastes.

This stuff is perfect, I'm a very picky person when it comes to colors, I swatched Hoola and this one, I did not see any trances of orange undertones. It was just the right around of warmth too.

So I returned my Hoola (it was difficult to blend for me) and got this.
It's so much more easier to blend, it looks so beautiful. The smell is so wonderful too.
It's not the sickly in-your-face chocolate smell but just like natural cocoa powder.
For $30 I think it is well worth it.

Very pigmented so you don't need a whole mess of it!

Iove the packaging and the fact that TooFaced is cruelty-free.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this is such a great bronzer for tan skin and darker, its so pretty and smells like chocolate. its a bit on the powdery side but blends so well all you need is the slightest bit. I would be careful on pale skin it would come off way too dark

on 7/31/2014 3:40:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Love!

I'm nc15 and this bronzer does not look orangey at all on my skin. Its quite yellow toned and decently pigmented, its hard to overdo which I love.

No complaints or bad things to say, honestly.

on 6/25/2014 10:49:00 PM

Got it at as a free gift. Decent.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Best bronzer ever, matte, smells delicious, great for contouring, and best part, doesn't look orangy like most :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I would like to preface this by saying that I'm not generally a fan of Too Faced, as I find (along with Benefit) their packaging and marketing to be too kitschy and twee for my liking. That's just a preference, and when you're paying these kinds of prices for mid to high end makeup, I think it matters.

Having said that, I love this bronzer. I bought it in the small size that came with a travel brush for ten bucks from Sephora on a whim, and holy smokes, this is my HG. I suppose this is supposed to be for darker skinned people, but it looks fantastic on my NC20 skin. No orangey effect, it just looks like the sun hit me in all the right places. It's pigmented, but not overly so, and it just compliments the face and makes me look like a slightly tanned goddess.

I could care less about the chocolate scent, but if you're wondering if it really smells like cocoa, it does. Not a selling point for me, but not enough to deter me from using and loving this awesome product.

on 6/9/2014 12:15:00 AM

Great for contouring, does not have red undertones. Lovely smell, finely miller. I got mine for free via Sephora's VIB points program, so I have a little sample-sized pan; however I think it's so amazing I'm going to have to buy the full-sized product just in case it gets discontinued!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love/hate relationship with this bronzer because it really does work well and adds a nice matte bronzed look when contouring and it smells so damn good, but i can't really justify the ridiculous 30 dollar price tag when it does not really outshine other bronzers even drugstore ones. One of the ways that it might would be that it is not powdery, once you stick your brush in the powder is so finely milled that it won't be all over the compact like other bronzers/blushes. Although it does seem very dark and like it could leave some harsh lines it does come off very light once applied on the face, and if you do use a heavy hand it is very blend able and an easy fix. Overall, if you've been wanting to try it and have 30 bucks to spare, I think you should try it once (mostly so you can smell its deliciousness) it is definitely a good bronzer but not worth the expensive price to me. If you don't have that kind of money to spend using a wet and wild or nyc sunny bronzer will give you the same effect as this one for way cheaper!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer was exactly what I wanted for a good, sculpted contour. It has NO hints of orange or red undertones, which is a huge plus for me. The fragrance is amazing; it smells exactly like hot cocoa powder/chocolate. However, one warning to future users of this product: Do NOT go into your contour with a heavy hand (unless you are trying to achieve the drag queen look).

on 5/21/2014 5:20:00 AM

I was at first hesitant about this, but after using it a few times it has become my favorite contour. I have fairly light skin with a slight yellow undertone (nc15/20) and even though this is intended for medium/deep skin tones, it still works for me! the milk chocolate might be a better match for me, but this still works fine; just remember to use a light hand. The chocolate soleil is very fine and pigmented and smells great. The best part is that the soleil doesn't run red on me like nyxs taupe blush sometimes does (which happens when I wear foundations that lean more yellow).