Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Holygrail product! I have this & the milk chocolate! I will continue to repruchase this as long as another one comes far greater than this. I mean seriously, need I say more this product is LOVE!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My new Holy Grail for a Matte powder contour. Holy Moly that's all I can say. I use the Dark Chocolate bronzer and it smells delicious but it is the best I have used to date. I'm all about bargaining and I have to say E.L.F has a matte bronzer that could potentially be a dupe but the powder on the Too Faced Dark Chocolate bronzer is so much more finely milled and glides on so nicely given that perfect chiseled Adele contour. I use the Younique Beachfront bronzer on top if I want a shimmer but I'm in love with this bronzer. I have already ordered one for my daughter and will definitely purchase again. Way to go Too Faced. The original Chocolate Solei wasn't quite dark enough for my tan Hispanic skin tones even though I fall on the lighter side it just wasn't deep enough. Problem solved with Dark Chocolate. Definitely worth the price.

on 12/21/2015 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in the sample size from Sephora as a 100 point perk. I was looking for something to replace my beloved Cover Girl TruBlend Minerals Powder in Tawny which is my ideal contouring/bronzing powder for my olive/yellow under-toned light skin. This comes close. It's very pigmented and a little goes a long way. The scent is exactly like the hot chocolate packets with marshmallows! Delicious. I'll probably buy full size if I can't find a better dupe for my CG Minerals in Tawny.

My ultimate HG bronzer! I got two things to say about this product.

First, the packaging. I bought the travel size since I was a bit skeptical at first, but even that has a really pretty packaging. The mirror might be a bit small, but it'll do. The outer packaging is black compact with golden linings on it, very pretty. Second, the formula. Oh my God, this bronzer smells like chocolate chip cookies and I just want to eat it up! On the palette it looks completely matte, and it doesn't look muddy or orangey or dirty on the cheeks. I use the Real Techniques contour brush from their core collection and lemme just say, the bronzer looks BEAUTIFUL on my cheeks and it gives that Blake Lively-ish sunkissed look without making you seem overtanned. You can also do a soft contour with this bronzer if you're inclined.

I've hit pan on this bronzer and I'm deffo really sad :( I'm definitely going to buy another when I run out sometime soon.

on 12/9/2015 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I LOVE THIS BRONZER. I have it in the medium to dark (the original?) and I am about an NC40 in MAC. I feel like I need to use this every time I put on makeup. Creates the perfect natural contour without looking like I have a stark line on my face. Super blendable, pigmented, a little goes a long way, perfect neutral undertoned brown plus it smells like chocolate. I thought it was pretty expensive but I've had it for almost 2 years and I haven't hit pan (I can see the rings from the pan underneath so I assume it'll be soon) so pretty good value would repurchase.

on 11/23/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just recently purchased this bronzer in the dark chocolate shade and love it. The perfect shade of tan. This is matte but is not drying. Does not make you look orange or muddy. Cute packaging and the price is reasonable. Blends nicely and highly pigmented so you will not need a lot on your brush.

Perfect bronzer that smells delicious!! I love the huge mirror that comes with it. The bronzer has the perfect amount of pigmentation as it is hard to go overboard but just gives off the perfect amount of colour. It is easy to change the look with different brushes.

on 11/10/2015 5:36:00 PM

This has become my daily bronzer for several reasons. I love it so much!

It is matte! To me, shimmer gets old, so I want something natural-looking. Something that won't make me look like a disco ball. Since this is a matte bronzer, it is perfect.

The color is great! I am quite fond of the hue. I have heard of people using it for contouring. I have rather tan skin, so I don't use it to do major contouring, but it does enough give definition to my face if applied lightly. I apply it on my hairline, on my jawline, a little on one side of the nose, and then under my cheekbones.

It smells amazing! It smells like chocolate and that makes it enjoyable to use. I am a fan of the packaging. It is cute, like most Too Faced products. It comes in a gold compact with a mirror. I am not crazy about the pricing. It is about $30, but I think it's worth the money. I use it everyday and I can't imagine my makeup arsenal without it.

on 9/18/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sephora had a deluxe clamshell of this as a 100 point perk this week and it's exactly what I was looking for. Tons of bronzers run very warm which tend to look a little olive or orange-yellow, almost like curry or henna. These tend to wash me out! - or it looks like really dark orange blush in the hollows of my cheekbones. Not a very refined look.

The only shade available was medium/dark and has a neutral, almost cool tone to it. When I swatched it before purchase in-store, it looked like a dark brownish-grey on my hand. It compliments my skintone very well and has a faint scent of sweetened cocoa which is really nice. (Obviously, I love chocolate enough to put it on my face as makeup. Sarcasm aside, I really do like chocolate.)
It's very pigmented, however I think the medium/deep shade isn't all that "deep" ... I run on the fairer side, and with summer tanning I'm still around NC30-37 and the bronzer looks only a shade or two darker than my face/my hands.

At $30 retail price, I'd be hesitant to head to the store without warning to pick it up. There are only a few niche and luxury brands that I'd dole out some good money for. I heard some drugstore face powders from L'Oreal could be used as contouring powder as well (I'm eying the TrueMatch N7 compact which might be a dupe for this).

on 9/16/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a gift in Medium Deep and I'm quite fair so I was a little hesitant. But I have to say I'm impressed so far. I was previously using Benefit Hoola as a bronzer and I liked that because it's subtle but I used a lot more of it and it was still very light. So when I tried this, I told myself to go easy but of course I automatically used more than I should have just from habit. I have to retrain myself but it honestly looks quite flattering when it's applied light handedly and blended out. I will say it's more red than Hoola, which would work on darker tones than my own, but it still is workable and set least it's warm, as I can't do cool.

I really love how it blends, like that's definitely my favorite thing so far. If it's dusty because of it's supper blendability then I don't mind at all. Plus I don't notice any dustyness or wearing off once it's on, just in the pan. Also picking up less product might make it less dusty, but at least it's not caked in there and too hard to get on the brush like some bronzers are. Plus it's not like the dust is wasted, I just pick it up the next time I apply this.

I'm glad this has that lovely chocolate smell (and taste, apparently when you get the dust in your mouth lol). I love that about their chocolate line. I don't usually care too much about packaging but it's cute and secure. Love Too Faced! <3