Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best out there. Totally matte, creamy, and gorgeous. Smells nice, too. I have this bronzer in milk chocolate and medium. I use the milk colour on myself ( I'm very fair skinned ) and the medium colour in my kit as a natural bronze/ contour. Works well with pinky/ peachy summery looks, totally matte so it photographs well. Dense, so you don't go through it too quickly. My clients always comment on the delicious chocolate smell- often lightens the mood when working under time pressure! Works beautifully as a matte eyeshadow, and blends well as a nose contour. Doesn't accentuate pores or uneven skin tone. My only drawback is that compared to NARS ' laguna' it looks more traditional,( bridal ) whereas laguna looks more ' fashion' in colour. That said, laguna runs out really quickly and breaks easily ( which is why I have it myself but don't carry it in my kit ). Overall, this is a terrific bronzer and a great addition to anyones collection. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in medium to dark, even though my skintone is light. It is well pigmented and lasts all day, and smells, and tastes, like chocolate. It is, by far, the best bronzer I have ever used. I use it to contour, to create depth (foundation makes my face a bit flat) and to create warmth. What I particularly love about this product is that it doesn't make you look too muddy if you apply it carefully, and the color is wonderful as it is completely matte and not orange at all, so looks natural if you're going to use as contour. Will buy again.

on 11/23/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I just recently purchased this bronzer in the dark chocolate shade and love it. The perfect shade of tan. This is matte but is not drying. Does not make you look orange or muddy. Cute packaging and the price is reasonable. Blends nicely and highly pigmented so you will not need a lot on your brush.

Perfect bronzer that smells delicious!! I love the huge mirror that comes with it. The bronzer has the perfect amount of pigmentation as it is hard to go overboard but just gives off the perfect amount of colour. It is easy to change the look with different brushes.

on 11/10/2015 5:36:00 PM

This has become my daily bronzer for several reasons. I love it so much!

It is matte! To me, shimmer gets old, so I want something natural-looking. Something that won't make me look like a disco ball. Since this is a matte bronzer, it is perfect.

The color is great! I am quite fond of the hue. I have heard of people using it for contouring. I have rather tan skin, so I don't use it to do major contouring, but it does enough give definition to my face if applied lightly. I apply it on my hairline, on my jawline, a little on one side of the nose, and then under my cheekbones.

It smells amazing! It smells like chocolate and that makes it enjoyable to use. I am a fan of the packaging. It is cute, like most Too Faced products. It comes in a gold compact with a mirror. I am not crazy about the pricing. It is about $30, but I think it's worth the money. I use it everyday and I can't imagine my makeup arsenal without it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hands down best bronzer I've used. It's PERFECT for tan asian skin. If you're an asian, and you're tanned, get this and never use another bronzer ever again. It also smells like chocolate, which makes this not just the best looking bronzer but the best smelling bronzer I've used. This is actually a big plus point for me, because I love the Too Faced Chocolated Bar eyeshadow palette, and when this and the bronzer are used at the same time on my face, BAM the most subtle and yet wonderful perfume, all over your face. I've gotten compliments on how I smell, and it's because of these chocolate scented products.

Beyond the smell, though, this bronzer is silky smooth, it applies almost like a cream to powder, which is wonderful because I get the staying power of a cream with the natural look of a powder. It applies without patchiness, and I feel it's best applied with a patting motion using a smaller contour brush before being blended out with a bigger cheek brush. I'm not sure why it applies so well this way, but it may be due to the slight cream to powder texture.

The colour is to die for. Not too orange, nor too warm brown, not too cool to look like dirt, just the perfect neutral bronzer shade that makes your carved out cheekbones look like you were blessed with them naturally. The price is higher up there, but it is so worth it.

Packaging is cute and princess-y, it'll fit well with the too faced heart blushes in your collection, although it looks slightly cheap to me with the obvious plastic gimmicky princess look BUT if packaging is the only downside of this product, just goes to show how great the actual product is. And if you like the princessy look? This is perfect for you.

on 11/2/2015 5:43:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this via Sephora 100 point perk. Medium deep is the shade, but I believe it's also just called the Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer. I really liked the sample a lot--it seemed like a good, believable bronzer for my NW15 skin, but I had trouble getting my brush to fit into the sample, so I bought the full size. Maybe I'm crazy, but the full size seems different to me. There's a lot of fallout, making it messy. It also pools in scars, which looks bizarre (and terrible). And the color is warmer and more orangey, so it's less believable. At $30, I'm not inclined to keep it.

on 10/10/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm usually a fan of very slightly shimmery bronzers but I actually really liked this one. I have the medium/deep shade (I'm NC20 but I thought it looked okay after swatching it on my hand) and it's a bit of a cooler shade. That said, I'm not sure how "deep" this actually is. It looks fine on me (although I would prefer that it were slightly warmer), but I can't imagine it would do a whole lot for someone with a deeper skintone.

It's pretty pigmented (although light to be "medium/deep" like I said) so I've started using a skunk brush to apply it instead of the angled blush brush (that I was using with my Lorac bronzer.) I know part of the appeal of this product is that it "smells like chocolate" -- personally, I find that it smells more like play-doh, although it's not necessarily detectable while you're wearing it.

on 10/2/2015 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Light to medium skin, neutral to warm, NW25/NC25, combination, sensitive skin

I've tried many bronzers that look pink, orange,red, or shimmery on my skin. I prefer matte bronzers. I decided to try Chocolate Soleil and was hooked. It gives me a natural healthy bronze look, and isn't orange, red, or pink on my skin.

I apply it in a 3 shape ( temple, cheek, jaw) with a Quo bronzing brush.

I bought the travel size when Sephora sold them. When I'm done I'm buying the full size. A definite repurchase.

on 9/18/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sephora had a deluxe clamshell of this as a 100 point perk this week and it's exactly what I was looking for. Tons of bronzers run very warm which tend to look a little olive or orange-yellow, almost like curry or henna. These tend to wash me out! - or it looks like really dark orange blush in the hollows of my cheekbones. Not a very refined look.

The only shade available was medium/dark and has a neutral, almost cool tone to it. When I swatched it before purchase in-store, it looked like a dark brownish-grey on my hand. It compliments my skintone very well and has a faint scent of sweetened cocoa which is really nice. (Obviously, I love chocolate enough to put it on my face as makeup. Sarcasm aside, I really do like chocolate.)
It's very pigmented, however I think the medium/deep shade isn't all that "deep" ... I run on the fairer side, and with summer tanning I'm still around NC30-37 and the bronzer looks only a shade or two darker than my face/my hands.

At $30 retail price, I'd be hesitant to head to the store without warning to pick it up. There are only a few niche and luxury brands that I'd dole out some good money for. I heard some drugstore face powders from L'Oreal could be used as contouring powder as well (I'm eying the TrueMatch N7 compact which might be a dupe for this).