Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hands down best bronzer I've used. It's PERFECT for tan asian skin. If you're an asian, and you're tanned, get this and never use another bronzer ever again. It also smells like chocolate, which makes this not just the best looking bronzer but the best smelling bronzer I've used. This is actually a big plus point for me, because I love the Too Faced Chocolated Bar eyeshadow palette, and when this and the bronzer are used at the same time on my face, BAM the most subtle and yet wonderful perfume, all over your face. I've gotten compliments on how I smell, and it's because of these chocolate scented products.

Beyond the smell, though, this bronzer is silky smooth, it applies almost like a cream to powder, which is wonderful because I get the staying power of a cream with the natural look of a powder. It applies without patchiness, and I feel it's best applied with a patting motion using a smaller contour brush before being blended out with a bigger cheek brush. I'm not sure why it applies so well this way, but it may be due to the slight cream to powder texture.

The colour is to die for. Not too orange, nor too warm brown, not too cool to look like dirt, just the perfect neutral bronzer shade that makes your carved out cheekbones look like you were blessed with them naturally. The price is higher up there, but it is so worth it.

Packaging is cute and princess-y, it'll fit well with the too faced heart blushes in your collection, although it looks slightly cheap to me with the obvious plastic gimmicky princess look BUT if packaging is the only downside of this product, just goes to show how great the actual product is. And if you like the princessy look? This is perfect for you.

on 11/2/2015 5:43:00 PM

I got a generous sample of this via Sephora 100 point perk. Medium deep is the shade, but I believe it's also just called the Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer. I really liked the sample a lot--it seemed like a good, believable bronzer for my NW15 skin, but I had trouble getting my brush to fit into the sample, so I bought the full size. Maybe I'm crazy, but the full size seems different to me. There's a lot of fallout, making it messy. It also pools in scars, which looks bizarre (and terrible). And the color is warmer and more orangey, so it's less believable. At $30, I'm not inclined to keep it.

on 10/10/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm usually a fan of very slightly shimmery bronzers but I actually really liked this one. I have the medium/deep shade (I'm NC20 but I thought it looked okay after swatching it on my hand) and it's a bit of a cooler shade. That said, I'm not sure how "deep" this actually is. It looks fine on me (although I would prefer that it were slightly warmer), but I can't imagine it would do a whole lot for someone with a deeper skintone.

It's pretty pigmented (although light to be "medium/deep" like I said) so I've started using a skunk brush to apply it instead of the angled blush brush (that I was using with my Lorac bronzer.) I know part of the appeal of this product is that it "smells like chocolate" -- personally, I find that it smells more like play-doh, although it's not necessarily detectable while you're wearing it.

on 10/2/2015 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Light to medium skin, neutral to warm, NW25/NC25, combination, sensitive skin

I've tried many bronzers that look pink, orange,red, or shimmery on my skin. I prefer matte bronzers. I decided to try Chocolate Soleil and was hooked. It gives me a natural healthy bronze look, and isn't orange, red, or pink on my skin.

I apply it in a 3 shape ( temple, cheek, jaw) with a Quo bronzing brush.

I bought the travel size when Sephora sold them. When I'm done I'm buying the full size. A definite repurchase.

on 9/18/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Sephora had a deluxe clamshell of this as a 100 point perk this week and it's exactly what I was looking for. Tons of bronzers run very warm which tend to look a little olive or orange-yellow, almost like curry or henna. These tend to wash me out! - or it looks like really dark orange blush in the hollows of my cheekbones. Not a very refined look.

The only shade available was medium/dark and has a neutral, almost cool tone to it. When I swatched it before purchase in-store, it looked like a dark brownish-grey on my hand. It compliments my skintone very well and has a faint scent of sweetened cocoa which is really nice. (Obviously, I love chocolate enough to put it on my face as makeup. Sarcasm aside, I really do like chocolate.)
It's very pigmented, however I think the medium/deep shade isn't all that "deep" ... I run on the fairer side, and with summer tanning I'm still around NC30-37 and the bronzer looks only a shade or two darker than my face/my hands.

At $30 retail price, I'd be hesitant to head to the store without warning to pick it up. There are only a few niche and luxury brands that I'd dole out some good money for. I heard some drugstore face powders from L'Oreal could be used as contouring powder as well (I'm eying the TrueMatch N7 compact which might be a dupe for this).

on 9/17/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I use this bronzer for contouring and it does a brilliant job. I accidentally bought the dark chocolate soleil when I meant to buy a lighter colour but I'm glad I made the mistake because it's a perfect colour for a good contour; although you need to be careful about how much you apply because a little goes a very long way. It's extremely pigmented and I only use the bare minimum on my brush, but I think you could get away with using more if you had darker skin than mine.
Other than that, I love how easy it is to blend this product and I think it's really nice how it smells like chocolate. Overall I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants a bronzer for contouring.

on 9/16/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a gift in Medium Deep and I'm quite fair so I was a little hesitant. But I have to say I'm impressed so far. I was previously using Benefit Hoola as a bronzer and I liked that because it's subtle but I used a lot more of it and it was still very light. So when I tried this, I told myself to go easy but of course I automatically used more than I should have just from habit. I have to retrain myself but it honestly looks quite flattering when it's applied light handedly and blended out. I will say it's more red than Hoola, which would work on darker tones than my own, but it still is workable and set least it's warm, as I can't do cool.

I really love how it blends, like that's definitely my favorite thing so far. If it's dusty because of it's supper blendability then I don't mind at all. Plus I don't notice any dustyness or wearing off once it's on, just in the pan. Also picking up less product might make it less dusty, but at least it's not caked in there and too hard to get on the brush like some bronzers are. Plus it's not like the dust is wasted, I just pick it up the next time I apply this.

I'm glad this has that lovely chocolate smell (and taste, apparently when you get the dust in your mouth lol). I love that about their chocolate line. I don't usually care too much about packaging but it's cute and secure. Love Too Faced! <3

on 9/15/2015 10:37:00 AM

Best bronzer I've used!♡!♡
How I use this is when I apply foundation it washes out the color on my face...so I add blush, which looks like two stripes on my cheekbones...so I add this below the blush, not a true sharp contour, but adding a soft shadow below where I apply my blush. Then I blend the living heck out of it. And suddenly my face looks natural, and just so healthy. Excellent formula. And it really doesn't hurt that it smells like chocolate yummmmm!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG bronzer--it translates to a natural tan, it doesn't look orange at all, and it smells really delicious. I like Guerlain bronzers too but this one is imo better. The formula also lasts a super-long (I feel Rimmel's bronzer goes bad for example).

Absolutely my HG bronzer. The thing that sets this apart from other matte bronzers is the fact that this one blends so well! It also smells nice and doesn't look orange. I highly recommend this! Blends much better than tartes park ave princess and benefits hoola.