Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 1/31/2017 1:01:00 PM

This is a matte bronzer that doesn't show orangey on my skin, which is a plus! It is very easy to blend in, and it's not easy to overdo it, so you really don't need to be a makeup pro to make this bronzer look decent on your face.

I use it mostly to contour my cheekbones and the sides of my nose. If I want a more dramatic look, I will use a Nars multiple (in the shade St Barts) under it, to really accentuate the contouring and ensure a super long lasting application.

I also love the fact that it comes in a mini sized container and also in some palettes, which makes it easy to travel with it.

Finally, this has a great chocolate scent, which is a nice perk when applying it. However, the scent doesn't linger after application (at least, not that I notice).

I really like this bronzer (it has been staple in my MU routine for months now) and I will repurchase it if I ever run out of it.

on 1/29/2017 3:20:00 PM

I like the smell, I like the color and the packaging. you must try it if you have medium skin

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this is my all time favorite bronzer! i have oily nc 25 skin and acne marks. this is my favorite bronzer because it's really the only one that doesn't make my redness peek through. it is the perfect shade to bronze and even contour! the packaging is also super pretty and it smells sooo yummy!

on 12/29/2016 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the color and the matte finish. This is a brown with a seemingly pinky undertone, and no orange, which is perfect for cool tones. But the smell...so nasty. It's smells like a more chemically scented version of Cocoa Pebbles cereal. So gross. The one I smelled at Sephora didn't have much of a scent, so I can only hope regular exposure to air will kill the stink. I don't want my face to smell like this. I don't want anything to smell like this!

on 12/29/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really nice bronzer. There is no trace of orange so it's really natural looking on the skin and blends in really nicely. It's cool toned so it's ideal for contouring. If I was tanned though I would need something darker but for the winter it's a good bronzer to use.

on 11/13/2016 4:13:00 PM

I'be been looking for the perfect bronzer for a LONG time. My criteria were:

-Dark enough for my medium/neutral skin tone
-Fully matte
-Not at all orange
-Blendable

This does all of that plus has super cute packaging and smells like chocolate. I use this with my IT Cosmetics Airbrush Essential Bronzer Brush #114 and it's heavenly. HG status.

on 11/9/2016 9:31:00 PM

Love love love, I apply with a foundation brush and use it as more of a contour, it's great

on 10/25/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product in a sample box a while ago in the color medium/deep. I'm a really fair girl, so this was too dark for me, however I found a way to make it work by applying with a really light hand and buffing it in. The color would be perfect for someone darker and the matte really is a perfect matte. I also really love the smell, it's amazing. All-in-all, it's a really great product.

the scent of this bronzer smells soo good, too faced products are something you will either love or hate because most of their products have a strong scent, the bronzers and some of the eyeshadow palette smell of chocolate, and i love that i bought the shade chocolate for medium to deep skin tones, and it is perfect bronzer for my summer skin tone. it's a matte bronzer that i like to use to contour my face. this is so far my favorite he bronzer that i have tried so far, mostly because of how good it smells :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This, along with Benefit's Hoola is my favorite bronzer of the moment. I absolutely love matte bronzers, mostly because I feel like when a bronzer is too shimmery it really only looks good in the Spring or Summer, and it tends to distract from highlighted areas and eyeshadows.
I like bronzers to add warmth to the face without being too obvious or stealing the show, and this bronzer is perfect for that. It is the perfect not too light/ not too dark shade for my complexion, and leans a bit more neutral than some other bronzers, which can turn very orange on me because my skin is already pretty warm-toned. In fact, in a pinch this can be used as a contour shade because it is matte and not overly warm. When I first started contouring I was using this, and it works well for that purpose if you're into that.
It applies smoothly, with no patchiness or "muddiness", and lasts all day. It literally blends like a dream. It smells like chocolate, which may or may not be a selling point, but when you have a sweet tooth as big as mine, a chocolate scent is never a bad thing!
I really can't complain about the price when a product looks as nice as this does and, from what I've heard this lasts a long, long time before hitting pan, so you're getting a good amount of use for the price. If you have a light to medium skin tone, this is the perfect bronzer. There is also a lighter and darker bronzer shade for fair and dark skintones which probably work as well as this one does, although I've never tried them.