Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

Too faced chocolate soleilChocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

on 9/15/2015 10:37:00 AM

Best bronzer I've used!♡!♡
How I use this is when I apply foundation it washes out the color on my face...so I add blush, which looks like two stripes on my cheekbones...so I add this below the blush, not a true sharp contour, but adding a soft shadow below where I apply my blush. Then I blend the living heck out of it. And suddenly my face looks natural, and just so healthy. Excellent formula. And it really doesn't hurt that it smells like chocolate yummmmm!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG bronzer--it translates to a natural tan, it doesn't look orange at all, and it smells really delicious. I like Guerlain bronzers too but this one is imo better. The formula also lasts a super-long (I feel Rimmel's bronzer goes bad for example).

Absolutely my HG bronzer. The thing that sets this apart from other matte bronzers is the fact that this one blends so well! It also smells nice and doesn't look orange. I highly recommend this! Blends much better than tartes park ave princess and benefits hoola.

on 9/10/2015 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had really high hopes for this bronzer. It has good pigmentation but the shade is just too yellow-orange to look natural. It also kicks up a lot of dust.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a good product… just not for me. I use Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer in a color Dark Chocolate; it's deep to tan. I don't know how I feel about it since I can't use it for its intended purpose—as a matte bronzer. I have oily/very oily skin & was excited to find one that's matte instead of containing shimmer & glitter. If you have my skin type, you know that sparkles can make you look dirty & muddy mixed with the oil that is already on our skin.

Though this is the darkest shade, it's not dark enough for me to look tanned or sunkissed. Long story short:I'm using a $30 bronzer as an allover face powder. I know I'd be able to do more with this if it was a shade or two darker!

I wear this both alone & over foundation makeup, & apply it with a kabuki brush as I would any other pressed powder. The finish is smooth & really pretty; actually covers & evens out the red that's in my face. For it to neutralize redness & be as lightweight as it is really impressed me. It's amazing chocolatey smell comes from the real cocoa powder in its formula.

As much as I enjoy this as a finishing powder, I honestly won't be going out of my way to purchase another just because of the price & the fact I can't use it to bronze/contour. For those who can work with the shades, however, I do recommend this product! I know my review sounds more negative that anything, but it it truly is because of my skin tone & not the product itself :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite bronzer of all time, suits me and my skin perfect, defiantly recommend.

on 8/28/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This bronzer is great for warm medium tones! It's pigmented but not too pigmented. The color looks very natural, it doesn't look orange or muddy. Its very blendable as well. The texture was that of a typical powder but it was not chalky in anyway. It did not break me out. I didn't particularly care for the smell of the product, it was overpowering to me, too much cocoa.

on 8/24/2015 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is a nice and matte color that I can build to have it show up on my tan skin. However the new Dark Chocolate Soleil came out, and after trying that I found that it suits me a lot better. Maybe those who are a bit darker could try the Dark Chocolate Soleil and see their reactions too!

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love this bronzer. It blends well, it isn't too dark, and it smells like chocolate!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I mean, this product is awesome. The formula is great, it glides on my skin so smooth and blends so easily. The chocolate smell just puts it a cut above and adds that touch of luxury that makes me so happy to use this bronzer everyday!
I would say I have light-medium skin, and this is the perfect color for me. At first I was afraid it would be too dark, but it's very build-able so you can start with a light hand and add more color as you go. Applying the Chocolate Soleil is honestly my favorite part of my makeup routine, I look forward to it everyday! I just feel that it enhances my look so much, and the smell!! Gah, it's wonderful.
It's pretty pricey at $30, but I'd have to say I'm glad I got it, and I would definitely recommend it to those out there thinking of purchasing. I've used it for both contour and general bronzing and it works great for either. Plus, the fact that it's matte is great for my oily skin, as shimmer is just too much for me, especially in the summer months.
Definitely a splurge but it's worth it just for how it makes me feel:)