NIVEA A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

NIVEA A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

3.4

on 3/5/2009 4:18:00 PM

This lip product comes in a small squeeze tube with a slant tip applicator. That's the only positive thing I can say. YUCK! You might as well put hand cream on your lips, because that is what this seems like. Chemical smell and taste. Gives lips a whitish ghostly appearance, like an SPF product would, yet there is no SPF in this. (Due to the whiteness and no SPF, this really should only be used at night.) Moisturizing ability is average. Don't waste your money on this. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

on 2/24/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am a lip gloss, and lip moisturizer ADDICT. I usually keep 2-3 on hand at any given time. My fave of course is MAC's lip moisturizer

But every once in a while, I will check out a drug store brand to see if anything comes close to the moisturizing, oh so yummy smelling and tasting MAC lip conditioner.

I've been seeing the Nivea commercials and decided to try it.

In the immortal words of two of my favorite reviewers....

HATED IT!!!!!!

It didn't moisturize my lips AT ALL! They felt sorta like I put lotion on my lips. And the taste?!?!?! Why did it taste like I had just washed my lips with Ivory soap?!?!!?!?

This product is definintely TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!!

*Off to the MAC counter I go.....

on 12/27/2008 10:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It's Winter and ALL my skin including my lips are so dry. My lips are cracking and Carmex's "tingle" and SPF made my lips get bumps and scabby on the corners. (NOT cold sores/herpes)! It just made them worse. So I was browsing at the drug store and didn't want anything with spf or that Carmex or Blistex "tingle" so I tried this and immediately my lips did feel relief and moisturized. I've only used this for a day so I don't want to jump the gun and will edit when I use this for a week or 2.
I don't think this is the same as the SOS balm. The packaging is different, of course that could be new but there's no strong fragrance and no whiteness, so I think this may be a new formulation or a totally new product. I didn't see any other SOS lip care at the store. I will get a pic up asap.

Top Rated Lip Treatments