REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]

REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]
Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Revlon Matte Lipstick in Fabulous Fig

4.5

on 1/19/2010 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am so glad I read the reviews on this color. I actually had purchased the Wine Not in this line, because the color looked so pretty. However I exchanged it after reading the reviews from the other fair ladies. As others have mentioned this a beautiful reddish brown color, perfect for daytime. Even though this is a matte lipstick, I don't find it drying on my lips.

on 1/14/2010 5:18:00 PM

This is a VERY wearable red. If you're light skinned, yellow undertoned and is having a hard time finding that perfect red shade that won't look scary on your lips, go for this! It's a very toned down slightly brownish red. It has enough of a brown to make the red wearable for everyday looks. I have had friends that wore red lipsticks that make their lips turn orange...not a pretty look. The lipstick is truly matte and glides on to your lips like butter. The key thing with any red lipstick is to keep your lips moist and exfoliated (use a toothbrush and run it across your lips to get rid of dead skin). Red lips can be tricky, but if you do it right, you can create a beautiful look!

on 1/9/2010 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

browned down red. Don't like it so much straight from the tube (feels kinda dry on my lips) but has HG status with a quick swipe of Revlon Super Lustrous 'Cherries in the glow' on top. I can create a perfect "pinup girl" mouth. Makes it a perfect MLBB! (I wish I had rosy lips naturally..lol) I just can't get into the matte lips. I may purchase multiple back ups just in case this is discontinued I like it soooo much.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love matte lipsticks and wanted to pick one of these up for while. In today's Sunday paper they have a $3.00 off coupon at Walgreens, off I went. It's so cold only chocolate and a new lippie could get me out of the house..First the good news, the formula is divine. Creamy enough to wear without a lip balm underneath. I'm older, so I don't like to see dried out lines in my lips if the lipstick is too matte...I can see the lines on my lips, but it doesn't look all cakey and hard. The tube is beautiful and I love the see through top.

The bad news is that I would by no means consider this shade "fig"..fig implies a bit plummy and this is a straight up browned red. The shade looks great on me, but not at all what I expected, I was thinking more like BB Raisin, to me that is a Fig shade...very happy otherwise...

on 12/7/2009 1:34:00 PM

Fabulous is right! This color is the everyday, browned-downed variant of Revlon's In The Red from the same matte line.

If that description sounds off-putting, don't let it. On warm skin this shade makes lips look flushed and healthy. If lips are well moisturinzed and the application is light, this lipstick could pass for a natural lip tone.

I wore this shade heavily applied for Halloween when I went as a sexy devil, and I've worn it stippled over lip balm for a flushed yet professional look. Fabulous Fig looked just right for each occasion.

Between this shade and In The Red, I will never have to shop for a red lipstick ever again. These two cover all the bases between deep and bright.

on 11/27/2009 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I hate to be the odd man out but this just didn't work for me. It was so pretty in the tube but on it just looked muddy. The formula isn't bad but that color on my skin was all wrong. Back to the drawing board.

on 10/4/2009 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I been looking for a matte red lipstick for a while now and I stumbled upon this one and was like "yeaa ok I have to try it" my skin tone is tanned and i'm amazed that this color looked good on me =)

I actaully bought this one cause I needed a nice red lipstick for halloween LOL and it is perfect for just that! not to mention i'll still wear it after halloween. Very pretty color!

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I'm not really a lipstick person,but I have found gold in this lipstick color!On me it looks like a muted red/berry color.Like all matte lipsticks it can be drying and hard to apply.I always use lip balm no matter what lip product I wear and for a matte lipstick I think lip balm is a must.I first apply a balm and lip liner to fill in my lips and use a lip brush to apply the lipstick so I can build up the color as I want.It also lasts longer that way on me.I got two at a BOGO,but If need be I would have paid full price for them because they are great lipsticks once you find a shade that works for you.

on 9/21/2009 4:43:00 AM

I love this color, that when I tried it on at the drugstore just for fun, I was amazed at how gorgeous it looked(I don't usually wear lipstick). After checking out the reviews here, I knew I had to get it and this is one of my best make up purchases.
It is extremely versatile, it can be lightly applied for that everyday look or more thickly applied for something more dramatic. I have a yellowy-tan Asian tone and this works wonders, especially if you're scared of reds(like I am). What I like about it also is that it lasts such a long time, I'm usually too lazy to reapply. And it fades so beautifully and blends in with my natural lip color. It has absolutely no sparkle or glitter, it looks like your actual lips are that color. Lipsticks for me, have the tendency to look like you're trying to hard, but the whole Revlon lipstick matte line is so smooth and natural

on 9/13/2009 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is so lovely. The colour isn't particularly striking in the tube but wonderful on. As the other reviewers have said it is a muted red/brown - not too dark or is it too screaming red - perfect for day time. Subtle. I also found it made my complexion look rosier when I put it on.