REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]

REVLON Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]
Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Super Lustrous Lipstick  - Fabulous Fig [DISCONTINUED]Revlon Matte Lipstick in Fabulous Fig

4.5

on 11/3/2010 9:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I can't wear true red shades, they just look too bright and strange against my skin tone. This is a more wearable red for me, darker than a true red but it works well. The formula was surprisingly moist and long lasting considering I am the kind of person who wears neutral lipsticks because I can't get the colour to stay. I did not think I would really like matte lipstick but I seem to prefer it when the shade is this dark. This is not the kind of colour I would wear regularly but it's nice to have an option besides my regular old neutrals. Would repurchase.

on 10/15/2010 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love matte lipsticks, and in my neck of the woods this has been discontinued. Good thing I got backups. This looks darker in the tube, but it goes on as a nice brownish red, not too glam. I love how the case is matte, and it smells nice, too. Why don't makeup companies want to make matte lipsticks? So annoying.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am so surprised by the quality of this lipstick! I've been really loving the new Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last matte lipsticks lately, so I thought I would give these Revlon ones a try since everyone has been going on and on about the texture. And believe me, it does not disappoint! These are way more moisturizing and creamy! Even though they are highly pigmented, they don't dry out my lips at all and the application is so smooth that it feels like putting on a lip balm! This lipstick reminds me a bit of the ELF Mineral Lipsticks (which also coat my lips like a balm) but definitely feels less heavy. "Fabulous Fig" gives me a nice subdued red color because it has tinges of warm brown in it. It brings to mind the lip color I remember on a gorgeous model for an advertisement back in the 90's. I can't recall what the ad was for (some clothing brand, I think) and I don't know the model's name, but the wonderfully classic and womanly look of this color remains the same. I like to dab the lipstick on lightly and then even out the color by smacking my lips together. This allows for a sheerer coat of color that won't look too overdone.

on 9/22/2010 10:40:00 AM

I have to agree with derestwaya exactly! This color looks nice in the package, but when I put it on I get a light brown orange color ( SOOO not flattering ). There is no hint of red whatsoever. I can see where it would look good on someone maybe, but just not me. Glad I bought it at Walmart for only 5 bucks...saved the receipt...cause it's goin' back!

on 6/1/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a perfect red/brown matte lipstick -- when I have worn this, I have been asked if it is Dior or YSL -- and the dropped jaws when you tell people it's Revlon is priceless.

This is a color which I wear a lot in fall/winter -- but if you tan this is a totally usable color with some pink blush and this lippie as a stain.. it is magnificent.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a really great color. Red with a hint of brown. Not too much where It looks really brown, just right. The pigmentation is great, It doesn't seem ds. Staying power is good, lasts a long time without having to reapply. I bought one for my mom as well and she wears It all the time.

Revlon is one of my favorite brands. Their color selection is brilliant and the quality is unbeatable---I'm not even qualifying with "in the price range." This is another beautiful color. Subdued and sophisticated. Revlon's Matte lipsticks really hold up without the yucky feeling of the long lasting lip colors.

on 2/27/2010 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this colour - a beautiful terracotta red, it is good for everyday wear; it is not too bright a red nor too dark and dramatic.

I usually like to wear this with a golden or light brown on my eyelids. It is creamy, and it is truly matte, which is nice. I like this consistency and it generally seems to last as good as any other lipstick, so the staying power for me is fine. It also doesn't dry out too easily, which is a good feature to any lipstick for me. I plan to try out more of the shades eventually, because this lipstick is one of my favourites.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this lippie! Very lush color, a terracotta, warm, slightly reddish brown on me. Flattering and sophisticated, a repurchase for sure.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Im still on the fence about this color. It shows up a very bold orangy-brown on me. My husband said it looks nice but i don't care for it. I love the consistancy & coverage but just not the color.
Edit: gave it one more lippie because it has grown on me the past fall/winter months. As long as i sheer it out over balm it looks really nice. Its also a descent dupe for MAC Del Rio.