Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.4

I remember my mom wearing this EVERY DAY, and despite some of the reviews I've read on mua, I really enjoy the scent. It is pure nostalgia every time I get a whiff of Coty Airspun. On to the product: I really love how it actually gives me very light coverage, and it neutralizes my redness around my nose and my purplish acne scars. It keeps oil from melting my makeup off, as well as setting my foundation and giving my face a pretty, flawless finish. I don't use too much so as not to appear 100% "done up" but I find a little goes a long way. I don't use this every day....sometimes I use Almay pressed powder, sometimes bareMinerals Mineral Veil, and the reason for that is Coty Airspun is not very lightweight and some days I don't like the feeling of full on makeup on my face. But for times when I get dressed up and want to look extra pretty, I reach for Coty and I'm glad to have it in my arsenal. It's also a very silky texture... I love the consistency. The formula is so soft, and the scent is soft and so distinct to me. And it lasts F O R E V E R!!! So look at the repurchase rate on makeupalley...90% and climbing. That should speak volumes to you about it's quality & success.

on 8/11/2014 10:32:00 AM

I decided to give this a try after reading other reviews here on MakeupAlley. The unscented formula was not offered in my local Walgreens so I hesitantly picked up the scented one. I have to say, I think the scent is pleasant and it is not overpowering at all. It's definitely a floral based scent that's very feminine and almost glam-vintage.

I have been using this powder with a brush to set my undereye concealer and it does a great job. As well I use the powder puff to set my foundation primarily in the t-zone area (I actually use the Boots No. 7 Tinted Moisturizer for a light foundation) This gives me a fantastic balance and shine control with a flawless finish and I'll definitely be keeping it in my morning regime.

I really like that they updated the case to plastic. I've had other translucent powders in cardboard and have experienced some mishaps, lol. The plastic feels like it will withstand a lot more handling. And at a cost of $7-$8 bucks it's a steal.

on 8/10/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I adore. I had a great aunt in the 70's who had this on her dresser. I really bought it wanting to display. It was not very expensive. I did before buy a high quality powder brush so this was meant to be. They have changed the packaging it's much better. It's not paper it's plastic.
I am so glad Coty has continued to make this. There are a lot of choices. I endorse this product. :-)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

OK. I bought this on a whim on a late night Wal-Mart run because I needed a new loose powder.
I'd heard a few good things about this and decided to give it a try.
Wore this for the first time today to set my makeup. Now, I'm not sure if it was this powder alone or the combination of this and the Skindinavia shine-free setting spray, but I have only had to blot my face ONCE today and it wasn't even necessary! For my very, very oily skin, this was impressive to say the least. Normally, the only thing that keeps my oil away is milk of magnesia as a primer.
(EDIT: I applied my makeup around 11:30-noon and I am writing this review at about 8pm. My makeup still looks great.)

The foundation I used this with was Revlon Colorstay Whipped.

You get a ton of product in this little container and it's cute and vintage-y looking. It does have somewhat of a perfumey, "grandma" scent to it that goes away shortly after applied and I didn't find it offensive.
To prevent any mess, I left the sticker over the sifter and just pop off the whole plastic top and leave the powder puff on top as well. If you were going to travel with this it'd probably be best to tape the lid down.

I am very excited to continue using this!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always walked by this item at drug stores and never thought much of it. It wasn't until I saw it on sale for 75% off at CVS for about $1.50 that I decided to pick it up and give it a try. And boy am I GLAD that I did! This powder is perfect for setting my foundation! It's also great for those days where I don't feel like wearing a full face a makeup so I'll just dab on some concealer and powder my face with this product. It gives a tiny bit of coverage and covers up all my redness. What I love most about this product is that it keeps my face oil-free for the majority of the day (I still have to blot maybe once) and I'm a VERY oily person. I always have a hard time finding a good powder because they just don't control my oil. This powder doesn't make you look powdery and doesn't leave a white cast behind (unless you apply too much, like all powders). This honestly lasted me for a reallyyyy long time. The container contains SO much product and it lasted me for years! The only complaint I have about this and that will probably prevent me from repurchasing this item is the scent. UGH I CAN'T STAND IT!! It smells like old grannies and it seriously makes me want to gag. I wish they would come out with a non-scented version!!

on 3/27/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Ok, this stuff is a gem. Sure it has chemicals in it, but it's not like ur gonna be using this on a daily basis. The packaging sucks, so you might have to put it in a different container. Other than that, it is an amazing translucent powder HANDS DOWN!!!!!!! The smell is nice too.

on 3/22/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a true drugstore gem. I'm so sorry I waited so very long to try it. I'm NC50 and while it shows lighter on me (despite being translucent) it's nothing I can't work with. Besides that, it really controls oil well and lasts for hours. The only thing better would be a pressed powder version.

on 2/27/2014 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely adore this product!!!!!! This is by far the best loose powder on the market and once I discovered it I never went back to any other brand of loose powder!!! In a word this product is amazing!!!!

This is by far the best powder for setting your foundation and making it last all day! it repels moisture, humidity, sweat and all the things that can make your makeup look gross throughout the day. The texture of this powder is also super amazing it is AIRSPUN which means it is milled very, very fine and then is spun in the air which gives it the texture of silk!!!! It glides on and it doesn't have that coarse grainy texture that so many other loose powders have. Also this powder is truly translucent and blends beautifully with my light skin without giving me an artificial or orangey look which is a huge plus! This product also makes my face look gloriously matte without a hint of shine which is the whole reason I wear loose powder in the first place. The smell is a little grandma like but it's not unpleasant and actually doesn't bother me.....this is definitely my HG loose powder!!!!!

For those of you that prefer a matte finish to your face and want to keep that look going all day without any problems then I highly recommend Coty Airspun Loose Powder it is the best loose powder you will ever use!!!!!! Better then any high end product on the planet!!!! Get yourself over to CVS or Walgreens and get yourself some!!!!!

on 2/25/2014 5:18:00 PM

Great stuff!!! I use this on a daily basis but also use it whe doing hair and make up for pageants. Love the translucent. It lasts forever and is super cheap! I buy mine at CVS and sometimes find it marked down !

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I read rly good reviews about this powder and Youtube beauty gurus raving about this product and how it was being discontinued. So I took the plunge and purchased this powder and hoped for the best. I was very skeptical I tried several face powders from MAC and disliked them all. But when I tried this it literally changed my life. My skin is very very oily and this powder keeps my face matte all day and like others said your face looks absolutely flawless and perfect. My makeup stays put and looks so beautiful. My new holy grail face powder!!! Highly recommend! Get your hands on this powder its absolutely amazing! The only con is I didn't try this sooner! Obsessed with this product. HOLY GRAIL POWDER!