Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder
Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Coty airspun loose powder (NEW pkg.)Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder Airspun Translucent Extra Coverage Loose Face Powder

4.3

on 8/17/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product already, as I've used it for years. I love vintage products, and this powder has been around since 1935 for a reason. It works. It comes in a round plastic container with a screw-top - not as cute & vintagey as the old cardboard container, but much easier to deal with and definitely less messy. It has a nice vintage fragrance, Coty's L'Origan, although if you're sensitive to fragrances, you may find it overwhelming. Personally, I enjoy the scent, and don't find that I can detect it after application anyway. The powder itself is lightweight and lovely. It covers well, is sufficiently mattifying, doesn't turn orange, and lasts for hours. I use either translucent or translucent extra coverage. Overall, a very high quality powder with drugstore availability and price. Price is under $8 at Walgreen's, near the makeup brushes & nail tools. This is my HG powder and I will keep buying it as long as Coty keeps making it.

on 7/13/2011 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I found out this product hadn't been discontinued, I couldn't get to my Walgreens fast enough to buy some. The young girl who checked me out said , "My grandmother used this stuff. What is it?" I replied, "The best loose powder you can find. There's a reason your grandmother uses it, because it's a classic. I bet she has beautiful skin. " To which she replied, "yes she does."

I love the smell, the consistency, and the oil control this product has. In fact, in my whole life I have only purchased 3. They last that long.

I had been using NYC loose powder for the last 2 years and just hadn't been completely happy with it. When I got home, I compared the 2 and guess what? NYC is owned by Coty. WOW! But I could never find the ingredients for the NYC loose powder to see what the difference is. But that really doesn't matter because, I'm set for the next couple of years and hope that Coty never discontinues this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Best powder for oily skin hands down. Great price and last forever!. I agree I hated the old packaging, But the last 2 times I have bought it, it has been in a new hard plastic container which I love! Wonderful coverage and long lasting. It had a light scent and does not last at least to me and I have terrible migraines which I take pills for everyday and it did not give me a headache because of the smell.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! It looks fantastic with my pale skin! It has amazing coverage. You can't see my freckles, blemishes, redness or dark bags! I use revlon colorstay foundation underneath and my face just looks absolutely fantastic. I hope I can find out where to buy it from because where it was bought from closed down. I am unsure of the price as it was actually my mother who bought it but whether it is cheap or expensive, it's worth it!

on 4/6/2011 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got this powder in Walgreen's today for the first time. Ive always heard nice things about it but have never had any. I'm really pleased with it. The smell is so nice too and a friend told me today that its the same smell as Coty's classic fragrance L'Origin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Such a great find for girls who like that velvet, matte look to they're skin like me! This powder really sets my makeup in place and helps keep my matte finish throughout the day. I have acne prone, combo skin and this powder combined with Revlon Colorstay Foundation and Lorac Aquaprime do wonders for my flawless looking skin. The new packaging is not as vintage and cute looking as the old one, but is much more practical having the plastic sifter inside it. Also comes with a small puff but I prefer a powder brush.

The scent of this brings back memories of being a child and watching my mother and grandmother putting on their makeup.
No the baby/lavander scent isn't for everyone but its worth it.
I am NC25 for reference and have been looking for something that wasn't going to add more color to my Studio Fix Liquid.
I wanted my skin to peak thru and seem natual and flawless and for 7 bucks and a whole lot of product its a dream come true.
Worn by itself and not blended well enough it can give a white cast affect to the face. The only this the powder-puff is good for is holding the powder down so that its not all over the place when you open the top (which is one con because it doesnt lock)
Product is amazing for setting undereye conceler and the product itself gives my face a silky to the touch feeling.
Can beat it for price, amount and quality
Def Recommend

Shade reference: NC 15 (NC20 during the summer), and I wear 070-41 in this. Really does provide extra coverage. I wear this over my Revlon CS liq comb/oily fndt in Buff using an Ecotools kabuki to apply. Just poreless!! And as with any powder, I dip, tap, and pat it gently around my eyes with a eyeshadow brush (such as NYX B13) for application perfection on my aging skin. Provides extra coverage for my dark under eye circles without ugly cake-up or settling into fin/e lines. And the light scent reminds me of warm memories of years ago... watching my grandma apply this over her Oil of Olay lotion. She always had such flawless skin! The amount you get in the cute container is insanely generous! I don't care about the film really. I just poke a few holes in it and shake into a clean lid what I need each use. Doesn't get all over the place this way. I will repurchase....if I ever run out.

EDIT 12/19/12: I now use Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1....after I apply Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + MAC Strobe Cream. Then, when I use this powder, I use it only on my t-zone (except my nose). The reason for the foundation switch? I found I needed one that was more yellow than Revlon Buff (as Buff is more neutral).

This is the first item that has ever inspired me to write a review.

For me, this stuff is total HG status.
I have previously tried MUFE's Super Matte Loose Powder and Palladio Rice Powder, but this stuff blows them out of the water. MUFE's Matte Powder never gave me the truly poreless, oil free results I needed, and Palladio's Rice Powder is nice but doesn't give the same coverage that this does.

This product makes me stay matte ALL day! I applied it this morning over my Revlon ColorStay (another HG) and it is still perfect after a day of shopping. I pat it on t-zone and cheeks with some makeup puffs that I bought at Wal-Mart and then use the puff that comes with it to sort of blend everything together.

I've been using it for the last 4 or 5 days and I haven't seen any emerging breakouts, but I'll update if a crisis occurs.

I recommend 100%!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this stuff and it is now HG status for me. I use it alone or over foundation. It helps my make up stay all day, I never have a problem with my make up wearing off. Sets foundation perfectly and when I wear it alone it looks very natural. Light weight, this is the perfect stuff for me.
Please see my complete review of this product under its Coty Airspun Loose Powder to get all the info I have on this product, this is the shade I buy, but the full review is under the general name.