Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this from Ulta in the shade Amande III at the recommendation of a beauty associate. I had asked him for a powder foundation with high coverage. He suggested this immediately, and raved about the amount of product for the price.

Per Lancôme, this product can be used wet or dry. I cannot attest to its performance when used wet, as I have only used it dry. I have, however, tried using it on its own, and also as a finishing powder over foundation. I really loved the shade match and tried my hardest to make it work for me. However, I am not a fan.

You do get plenty of product for your dollar, and there are many shades to choose from, so finding a match was not an issue. I had read reviews and knew about the strong perfume scent beforehand, but I'm not overly sensitive to smells, so that didn't bother me. What bothers me about this powder is that it does not combat shine whatsoever. To be fair, I am very oily. However, shine shouldn't be breaking through after less than an hour of wear. Also, this powder makes my pores look huge. It enhances my skin imperfections and it does not provide more than medium coverage, even when I buffed on a second layer. The color does not seem to oxidize, so that is good. But, when my skins oils mix with this powder, it creates a rubbery look and feel on my face. It feels (and looks) terrible and then all I want to do is wash my face. I am very prone to acne, and I do feel that this powder causes me to breakout. I ended up returning this and will go back to bare minerals until I can find something better.

on 1/3/2017 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

You know the products in your makeup collection that you wish you would have discovered a long time ago? This powder foundation is one of those for me. In my opinion, this one is much better than the one by MAC which I used in the tone NC45. I used the one by MAC for years. Although not ever really happy with it, I settled for MAC's powder foundation for years thinking that it was as good as it was going to get. Finally, during the many holiday beauty sales, I decided to give this a try with a 20% off offer. WOW! Lancôme's is a better color match for me in 460 Suede (W). For it to be a matte product, it gives your skin life with a radiant finish. Love this! It doesn't dull and flatten out your face in a matte, chalky appearance. I apply this with IT Cosmetics powder foundation brush starting out with a sheer layer and building as needed. It looks like my skin but smooth and radiant. So happy that this is a part of my foundation rotation now.

9/2017: Took a lippie off because it oxidizes darker on me. If I could find a good color match in this though, it would be a lovely addition to my routine.

This powder can be used as a powder foundation or setting/touch up powder. This powder is really creamy and fluffy but will still give a matte finish. It will work really well for dry skin. It has more pigment than a regular setting powder. However it's not quite as pigmented as MAC studio fix powder foundation. I would say this powder is really similar to MAC careblend powder but with slightly more coverage and more heavier. If you apply too much, it will look really thick and cakey. I use this powder mainly as a touch up powder but can be used as a setting powder. It does add more coverage to your foundation but still looks really polished. However I have been finding this powder a tad too heavy for the Australian summer weather, but then again it's really hard to make any makeup work in this type of extreme conditions.

It took me a long time to figure out the shade range. They all got these weird names, letterings and numbers. Basically the number stand for the undertone. W is warm, yellow undertone. C is cool, pink undertone. N is neutral undertone. The number is the intensity of the shade. So it's basically the same shading system as Estee lauder's.

I have this in 5 shades and 230 Ecru ll W matches me best. I'm a MAC NC20-25. I use Teint Idole Ultra in 01 mixed with a tiny bit of 035.

130 Porcelaine D'ivoire l (N): Pale neutral undertone, is comparable to MAC careblend powder in light, just a touch darker. NW/NC 15-20.

230 Ecru ll (W): Light medium yellow undertone, comparable to MAC careblend powder in light plus, just a touch darker. NC 20-25.

310 Bisque ll (C): Light medium pink undertone. Would suit NW20-25.

340 Nu lll (N): Neutral yellow undertone, it's about 1 shade darker than Ecru. Comparable to MAC careblend powder in medium but darker and a bit more yellow. NC 25-30.

Then there's also 315 Wheat W but it's actually darker than 340 Nu and more yellow toned. It's probably suited to NC 30.

The shade range available in Australia is terrible but I'm determined to make this powder work because this is really a high quality powder. I paid $55 AUD and contains a generous 19g.

Edit 4/17: I mix ecru 230 with 340 nu as my setting powder. Ecru was getting a tad too light. I'm more of NC25-30 skin tone. I find 340 is the next best yellow toned shade from ecru 230. All the shades in between like Bisque 310, wheat 315 or Amande 320 are not right undertone, either too pink or dark. Wheat 315 is actually darker than 340 nu. 340 nu is technically a neutral shade but has enough yellow in it to use on my Asian skin tone. However if I was to wear dual finish as a powder foundation alone, I would just use 340 nu.

Anyway this is a truly exquisite powder and I believe it's lancome's number one best selling product.

on 9/4/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

A huge plus with Dual Finish is it's size, 19 g! That is a huge amount for the price ($52 CDN). It is a versatile powder. You can use it as a setting powder, you can apply with various brushes to adjust coverage. You can wet the sponge and get full coverage from this with a matte finish. The smell is off putting to me, but as I read the reviews, some people love it! This has been around for many many years, and it is a good powder foundation.

I bought this product bc the Lancome counter was out of my usual pressed powder. As soon as I put it on my face, my husband asked what I had sprayed. A few hours later I did a touch up and he almost started gagging on the smell. I will be returning this product bc he won't get near me as long as he can smell this on my face. It's too strong and smells like my grandma. I have no idea if I even like the coverage bc I can't get past the smell

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've moved to a southern state that is quite warm so during the summer months I tend to lean toward the convenience of powder and this one delivers. I use a concealer on my problem areas and swirl this powder on with a nice fluffy brush. The finish is fabulous and isn't a problem for my mature skin that leans to the dry side. It will take me through the day looking my best which is exactly what I was after. I've done a turnaround of sorts and gone back to Lancôme products after years of absence, my skin loves them in general and it shows. Also I recently tried this applying with a wet sponge and the look is kinda flawless, it covers imperfections including a broken capillary. 5/1/2017 I'm nearly finished with this and ordered a backup, it's so versatile. Wet or dry it manages to hide my imperfections. I moisturize well and apply ss before, after I apply I add a spray of thermal water if I'm looking at all dry.

I wanted to love this powder. Very nice coverage, nice compact, I don't mind the light scent. Sadly it oxidizes like crazy on me. It turns orange within an hour and i look ridiculous. I can't wear it. Too bad. It's collecting dust in my stash. Every now and then I try it out to see if my face can take it, but...nope.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The first time I used this powder was when I was 17 years old, I used other brands and always come back to this powder. I absolute love the smell of this powder, I agree with the other that say that it a mature scent. I get lots of complements when I apply my powder. I always wear revlon foundation and then my lancome powder over it for a full matte coverage. I have tried different shades and my favorite is wheat for my olive skin tone.

on 4/6/2016 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use a powder over my MUFE F&B foundation to add a bit of coverage and to keep my face from sliding off since I have a very oily t-zone. I had been using the MUFE Duo Mat in 214 but I noticed that it was a bit orange for me and wanted something with a better color match. Someone suggested the Lancôme Dual Finish Powder.

The first thing I noticed about this powder is that it has a more luminous and satin finish than the Duo Mat. I wasn't sure how I felt about that since I really wanted to look matte, although my skin does look pretty at first. However, "luminous" skin can quickly turn into "oil slick" skin. As expected I do tend to have to blot a little earlier than usual but I find that this powder holds up very well and at the end of the day it still looks much better than the duo mat.

In addition to that it does provide good coverage that lasts all day and fills in my pores for a nice, soft, smooth, finish. One good thing about the satin finish is that this powder looks like skin. It doesn't cakey or anything.

I bought this in 500 Suede and the color match is much better than the 214 in Duo Mat. I will be buying this powder again

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I actually found this powder in my mom's makeup stash and it had never been used and it seemed like a good enough match for my skin that it became mine ;) I don't dabble in powders often unless it is to top off a liquid foundation, but i have purchased a few to wear as my sole makeup for the day and was disappointed with patchiness and such. Upon further use, the shade I have, Buff II is a bit too pink for me but it works. It is the first powder I feel like I LOVE. it is soft and silky, yet provides a veil over my skin on those days I don't feel like wearing much makeup and manages to control my oil. I just look like I have perfect skin when I wear this without looking powdery. I'll just do my eyebrows, mascara, and this powder and I'm good to go when I want to tone it down. I would absolutely recommend this and I am tempted to go buy it in my perfect shade. i would like it if the powder puff it comes with had a slip for your fingers to slide into for better control. that is why I docked one lippie on packaging. Otherwise it is sleek and classy.