Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by age: 44-55
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.5

on 2/29/2008 11:45:00 PM

This love pressed powder. I have been using this one for SO many years! It works beautifully, both wet and dry. It doesn't look cakey on the skin. I have tried many other pressed powders, because I want to look at a new case (!), but I always return to this product.

on 2/26/2008 2:04:00 PM

I discovered this in my late teens--early 20's. Now I am 52. The best idea and product for my combo skin with flaws--ever. My HG.

It covers the large pores in my t-zone, broken capillaries and discoloration. Gives me a flawless face to paint as I like, as a foundation should. I don't worry about touch up and it never changes color.

I use the sponge and apply dry. Sometimes the compact doesn't close with the sponge. In 30 years, I've had one hinge break.

I pretty much consider this foundation, my face!

If I ever become unhappy with it, I will try to changing moisturizers or application because there isn't a foundation that ever will work better.

on 1/13/2008 3:33:00 PM

Turned orange, terrible finish,couldn't get a good color match. Dried out my skin.

on 9/24/2007 11:32:00 AM

I have used this for years. During my 20's, 30's, 40s, pregnancies, "no makeup" au natural years, burlesque "Makeup Queen" years, and now. I have used it so long that I am only just now realizing that the other makeup lines have probably developed competing products that I should try. I am now trying MAC studio fix - which works nice with a brush. But, I have Lancome dual foundation in my purse, in my makeup drawer, and a spare that I can't find. I just go back to it as a staple item. Looks great alone. If you wear it over foundation - make sure the foundation is not too powdery. The Lancome Mousse foundation is not a good pairing with this product.
About color - I think Lancome has some of the nicest color selections for foundations.
Me - 44, Auburn/Hazel, Fair/medium C3-C4, normal skin

on 7/3/2007 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the foundation I come back to time and time again. Because I am human, I'm always looking and trying other products, but to no avail. They actually make a color light enough for me which is a big hurdle all by itself. My skin is exceptionally oily and this does a better job of controlling the oil than any other foundation I've ever tried. I use it dry with the included sponge (which is perfect). The color remains true throughout the day even after the oil starts to break through (there apparently isn't a product on the planet which will control it ALL day), it doesn't feel at all heavy on my skin and I don't even notice the scent some others have commented on. I guess that's because I've used it so many years that it's just background noise for me now! It is a little on the expensive side, but I guess cliches are good for something - all together now!- you get what you pay for!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

An oldie but a goodie!
This stuff works wonders on my skin-Summer and Winter.
In the hot humid summers here most foundation just curls up and dies.Not this stuff-AND I dont suffer breakouts because of it.I usually use the damp sponge application but if I am running late the dry foundation works just as well.
This foundation is tres tres tres exspensive-but worth the $$$ because it works for me.

This product has become an essential for me. I have two colors and use the lighter one in the winter along with a liquid foundation. In the summer I switch to the darker shade and use it alone. It is the only thing that I have found that works well on my nose. I love it!

I am very impressed with this product & it is a summertime staple of mine that helps to keep the shine in control. There is a great selection of shades to choose from in which I can wear Matte Dore or Matte Topaz. I use the sponge included not the powder puff & it does a wonderful job in covering, & I always use it dry. I applaud Lancome for this product & it's varying shades so that women of color such as myself can choose.

on 10/23/2005 2:31:00 PM

I LOVE this foundataion. After using liquid makeup for a long time, I tried Bare Escentials. BE only made a huge mess for me and I'm trading it to my hair stylist for a pedicure.

I always use a primer (Smashbox's Photo Finish), and this foundation goes on wonderfully over the primer. My face feels smooth and looks great! And it doesn't come off on my clothes. I can even take a nap with it on and it doesn't come off on the pillow!

Yes, it's rather pricy, but no more that I was paying for BE.

I will be buying this again as it is now my favorite foundation.

I love this! I only use it dry. It gives me a little heavier coverage than Cover Girl. Smells great. Goes on very silky. Does not look like I have it on. Very happy with it and will buy again!