Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

4.5

on 12/2/2011 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For me, this was a waste of money. Dry=not enough coverage and settles in very fine lines. Wet=enough coverage but quickly dries into very fine lines--lines that I did not even know I had. Wet, dry...just terrible.

on 10/21/2011 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: I've looked for drugstore dupes and the closest I can find is Revlon Nearly Naked powder and Maybelline Fit ME powder. Neither go on in a powdery fashion and blend in well with skin.

This is the powder my mother wore and it gave her aged skin a pretty diffusion and evenness belying her years. So I decided to try for my face and I really like this too. It doesn't emphasize wrinkles and will not totally cover imperfections but looks so skinlike. You can build coverage with a little effort but even with multiple layers this powder does not look chalky or heavy. I love the scent; it's very pretty and makes it a pleasure to apply. (And if this is the smell that reminds my children and grandchildren of me, I can think of way worse things!) Powder feels weightless on my skin, and doesn't make my skin or rosacea freak out. I'm a NC 25 and I wear buff. Also when you buy from Lancome they have the best GWPs

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I LOVE this powder. it looks so natural and the package is beautiful. I have found my HG powder!!!

on 2/5/2011 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I too have used this product for at least 20 years. I have never liked the feeling of creme foundation on my face - this has been a great alternative. I haven't used it wet, only dry. I can't tell you how many times people have complimented me on my skin because of it. For me, it is the perfect consistency. I sometimes wear a creme now (as I'm 49) but I always use this powder to "perfect" the look!

I used this years ago and couldn't really remember why I stopped... I bought it again recently and I believe I stopped before because it doesn't really last a long time on me... it's not bad... I just have to touch up a couple of times...

That's a shame and I really wish it were longer lasting because I bought color Matte Claire this time and it is absolutely, hands-down, the BEST color match I have EVER had in a powder foundation... I can get really close to a match with Clinique powders but this Matte Claire is a dead-on, perfect color match.

I really don't notice the fragrance at all.. and it does not keep me matte across my oily tzone... but the color match is just perfect... I am going to play around with some primers and see if I can get it to last longer.

on 5/25/2010 3:09:00 PM

I have no idea why I stopped using this a few years ago. I was swayed by mineral "stuff" and other powder foundations (MAC et al..) ... This is the best powder foundation for all skin types, it gives a slight glow, without shimmer and you can actually see your skin through it. There is no mask or powder stuff lingering. It is perfect and I will never again be without it...unless some miracle powder foundation comes along. For now this is it for me. A big plus is they don't fool around with shades or the threat of discontinuing it...which is a huge plus. Considering all the money I wasted on other products, $32.50 for this is a steal!!! My dad was right: you get what you pay for.

on 2/4/2010 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Back in the 1980's I was a Lancome gal. Sometime in the 1990's Lancome changed and so did I, and it's taken me a very long time to try their products again. I've been eyeing Dual Finish for at least six months, researching the powder, reading reviews. I'd been using NARS pressed powder in Eden as a finishing powder and while it's good, I wanted something more than just a finishing powder. Finally I bought the fragrance-free Dual Finish online along with another goodie and got the GWP and free shipping. I engaged in a rather limp "live chat" online to try to determine the shade, but lost patience after 15 minutes and went with Matte Buff II. For reference, I'm NW20 and tan in the summer.

When the package came (by the way, the cute little "makeup" bag holds only my tweezers and nail clippers), my DD said, "Oh, your skin oughta love this stuff, it's got mineral oil in it." Indeed, my skin loves this stuff and I love the way I look in it. The soft-focus effect is akin to the Maquimat foundation I used 20 years ago (d/c of course). At the present time, I use a fluffy round blush brush to apply and it's working fine. But a SK skunk brush is on its way from Target and I'll probably work with that one.

There is one area of hyperpigmentation on the uppermost part of my left cheekbone, a nice target for the sunlight, which I usually put concealer on to mask. I no longer have to do it. when using Dual Finish. And the amount of blush I need is greatly reduced since I've got a nice subtle radiance.

You can use this powder wet but I am sticking with it dry as a finishing powder. Ahhh, it's been a long time, Lancome. Welcome back.

One last note, the "live chat" gal e-mailed after my order was placed and agreed that I'd selected the best color for my skintone.

on 1/14/2010 3:30:00 PM

I've been using this for years and years. I now use the unscented version, which I prefer. I keep trying other powdered foundations and keep on coming back to this. It's a light coverage when you use a Kabuki brush and a heavier coverage when you use the applicator that it comes with. Intially when you put it on you will look powdery, but in a short while the powderiness goes away and it gives you a nice even look. The color does not oxidize on me. It stays pretty true. I do have to either re-apply or use an oil blotting sheet during the day because I start to get shiny after a while. Pretty good product. I usually wait for a GWP when I need to repurchase.

on 6/12/2009 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wore Dual Finish for years when I was in my late 30's and abandoned it in my 40's, probably because that was around the time when all the Miraculous Age-Defying, Line-Erasing, Wrinkle-Smoothing, Laundry-Folding makeup lines launched. Over my non Dual Finish years I've tried dozens (literally) of liquid, creme, mousse and powder foundations...and liked many of them. For whatever reason, I suddenly remembered good old Dual Finish and raced to Macy's to see if it was as wonderful as I remembered. IT IS! I swirl it on with a brush...as the Lancome makeup artist did...and the coverage is as lovely and natural and smooth as ever. It's extremely buildable, and gives a flawless, even finish without looking cakey or chalky. I touch-up my nose with the foam puff midday if there's any shine. I'm wearing it alone now because I hate liquid makeup during the summer, but when the colder weather comes it will still have a place in my makeup bag. Dual Finish...forgive me! I cheated on you for years...but you took me back...and now I think we're going to live happily and flawlessly ever after!

on 3/9/2008 10:46:00 PM

I have been using this for 20 years as a powder over my foundation. I realize it is supposed to be a foundation itself, but I use it as a pressed powder. I have strayed to other high end powders (even Cle De Peau) and still go back to this one. It makes my skin look so much better than any other powder I have tried.