Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by age: 36-43
Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.9

on 12/20/2014 8:23:00 PM

I bought this powder at Macy in shade Matte Wheat ll. This is a powder foundation. I didn't very like it or hate it. It's an ok product for setting foundation only. I think if you have nice skin you will like it. I don't like the colors also even with there Warm color not yellow enough. I can't find my match. I hate the packaging no separate compartment for the sponge. The powder is not soft or silky feel more chalky. There are better powder foundation out there. Bobbi Brown very soft and silky$48, Mac Studio fix powder $27, Makeup Forever Pro powder $36 and all have good packaging all have separate compartment for sponge, better colors selection yellow undertone.

on 3/4/2013 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this. I have been using this for 5 years now after drugstore foundations no longer cut it for me. Your skin is so fun in your thirties...lol.. Anyway, this goes on like a matte finish. Does not cake and I feel like everything cakes on me. Does not sit in any of your fine lines. I feel like my skin is almost flawless. I have sensitive skin and I never break out from it. It also comes in a fragrance free which I usually get but I bought the fragranced one by mistake and I never had a problem.You can put it on wet or dry but I find when I have done the wet in the past the powder gets that shiny stuff on it and then eventually it starts breaking. The sponge applicator alone is to die for. I actually save all the ones from my previous compacts and wash them and save them for other stuff. Tip: Don't throw away the plastic cover thing that comes in it. Keep it to store your sponge so your compact doesn't get ruined from your dirty sponge. This is one thing in my makeup bag I cannot live without.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have chocolate colored skin and matte suede IV was a decent match..not perfect....seems like it has a mild rosey hue to it. For the price, I can't say I'm overly impressed. Also, the fragrance is annoying. It doesn't stink; i just don't get the point of putting perfume in a face powder. I will likely return it and either be satisfied with L'oreal True Match powder in Cocoa or MUFE Duo in Chocolate. This is the kind of powder/shade that i would have to apply slowly and carefully so i don't look crazy and i just don't have time for that. I need to be able to use my pressed powder on the go.

UPDATE----
I will definitely be returning this. I used it today all over my face and it makes me look gray and sullen. It will probably work for you if oyu already have nice skin but I have acne spots that I like to conceal at least a little. I don't like it at all.

I highly recommend this product despite the price that seems high. It is actually well worth the price for a couple or resons:

1) the product provides great coverage either wet or dry.

2) the product lasts a very long time. I wear it every day and it lasts for more than two years.

The quality of the sponge and the pad are very good, not like the budget brands. You get what you pay for.

on 3/16/2012 9:17:00 PM

This is very silky powder. When used with powder brush goes on smothly and evenly. Scent is pleasant. It does not cover imperfections (I only used it dry), but probably neither of compacts do. Overall very nice powder, pricy but good quality.
I use it almost every day for work. Quick and easy and provides decent coverage for that. Will not work if you need full coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This foundation powder gives great coverage with a nice smooth finish, but my biggest complaint is that it does not control shine for very long. I love this in the summertime as it gives great coverage but is lightweight. I apply it wet in the morning but I have to keep touching it up with the dry puff frequently. I've found that oil blotting papers work great hence I don't use too much of this product, because when applied wet it doesn't last as long.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

After much trying and erroring, feelings of a hopeful "Maybe?" grew to a resounding "No" and a lower rating for my former favorite powder foundation and long-time flame, Dual Finish. I just can't get it to work or look the way I want regardless of how I apply it anymore; brush, sponge, puff, wet, dry, primer or no primer, it's still the same flat, cakey, patchy look on my skin that makes me look haggard :( so sad. I used this for years and loved it, but apparently my skin has changed (read: gotten drier and thus in need of a softer finish) and this stayed the same.

It would be great for gals oilier than I am, if they want a really matte finish with good long-lasting coverage. It is just too pricey for me just to keep as a blot powder but is such a gorgeous compact I loathe to part with it. However, it isn't worth keeping for that reason because it's not refillable. I get the same type of compact with my Lancome Photogenic Luminessence pressed powder (which they dc'd online but still have at counters, great for those Macy's GWPs!) Photogenic is geared more for my skintype than Dual Finish so sadly, our love affair has to end. Seems I have better luck with lower-end powder foundations than I do with a lot of the HE ones I've tried lately for some reason (Milani, CG, Maybelline and PF come to mind). Oh well. I guess if you don't have cantankerous dry skin like I do, give this a shot. Be aware it is strongly fragranced though, or opt for the Frag-Free version. I liked the scent, but it does dissipate fast if you aren't a fan, however.

Luckily, Lancome's liquid foundations are still among the best for me so I'll stick with those, but find my powders elsewhere in the Lancome line (Photogenic) or in another brand, at least until they come out with a powder foundation that acts the opposite of Dual Finish for my needs (i.e., a soft focus moisturizing, rather than drying, compact powder with medium coverage) so I can come back to the Lancome fold. I don't know if what I want from them, or anyone, is even possible but a gal can dream right?
continued >>

on 7/5/2011 2:52:00 PM

Am close to 60 years old and have never, ever, let the house without wearing moisturiver, foundation, blush, etc. (I'm in the public eye). SA at Nordstrom pursuaded me to try this powder and I am absolutely astounded at the wonderful dewy finish it imparts to my face! Imperfections disappeared, skintone evened out, pores disappeared, too! I'm in Southern Carlifornia by the beach and even with high humidity, the powder does not cake nor disappear after a 10-hour workday. I look as fresh and pulled together at 6 PM as I ndid at 5 AM - what an incredible product! Goodbye pricey foundations - Lancome, where have you been all my life?

on 6/29/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder foundation. I used this years ago, but found it so pricey that I stopped. I now realize how much product you get for the price, so I have switched back to it. I dust this on in the morning with a powder brush and it stays all day. It evens out my skintone, covers redness, and doesn't look cakey/dry, which is everything I want in a powder foundation.

on 1/21/2011 8:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

HG for me!! I've been using this for years. I used to be very acne prone and this and Lancome's teinte idole helped my skin sooo much. I use this with the sponge on my moisturized face when I'm doing a quick face. Paula Begoun recommends not using it wet because it can be streaky. I also use it as a setting powder over foundation or tinted moisturizer, but be sure to use a brush in this instance. I can't believe that this product broke people out, I've never had that problem. I tried all the mineral makeups when they came out and BE and all those broke me out because of the bismuth oxychloride. I came back to my old faithful and it hasn't disappointed. This doesn't give the full coverage as the foundations with bismuth oxychloride but it has medium coverage and covers up most of my imperfections-- and that's saying a lot!