Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

Filtered by age: 19-24
Lancôme Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

3.7

This is the only powder I keep coming back to. I like this powder better then MAC and Shiseido. It provides just enough coverage, without looking cakey. Its also very light so you don't feel like you have a mask on your face. A definite staple in my book. =)

This foundation is a total rip off. I bought it 2 or 3 years ago and I had great expectations - I so wanted to like it. I used it both dry and wet and unfortunately it was awful.

Used dry, this powder foundation makes the skin looks very chalky. When I worn it dry, the overall look wasn't that bad for the first couple of hours, but it would rub off quickly by mid-day. The coverage was a bit sheer though. So I tried it wet. It was worse! At first, my face looked great and the medium coverage it provided, was just perfect. But it quickly turned orangey. And oddly, on some parts of my face, the foundation seemed to harden and to cake. And then each time I looked in the miror and I would notice that the ''hardened'' patches were gone. They simply crumbled and fallen from my face.

And the fragrance is not pleasant at all. Too strong, too floral, too old-lady like. Yuck. Lancme should make some unscented products.

I would never buy this again. continued >>

on 1/1/2005 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

GENERAL DESCRIPTION Wet/dry compact powder foundation

PRICE $42 Canadian for 0.67 OZ. (19g)

PACKAGING A nice square black plastic compact with a small gold panel engraved with the Lancome name. The mirror is very big. It comes with a flimsy velour puff that I threw away and a round sponge of a better quality. Unfortunately, the sponge is not made to be stored in the compact. You cannot close the compact without squishing it, and after a while the sponge expands and pops the compact open.

COLOR I have this product in Matte Amande III. It is a neutral medium beige that is unsuitable for warm skintones like mine. The SA insisted that it was a perfect match but it was way too ashy when applied heavily. The color is passable when I apply it sheerly.

COVERAGE It provides sheer coverage when dry. No surprises there. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with the coverage when it was applied wet. It was not enough for me. My Maybelline powder foundation gave me far better coverage for a fraction of the price. Furthermore, the powder had a tendency to harden after being touched with a moist sponge. After my first wet application, I had to scrape the top layer off just to make it usable again. Very frustrating.

SCENT This powder has a very nauseating flowery scent. I usually am not bothered with makeup smells but this one simply does not sit well with me.

OVERALL I am disappointed in this powder. I was looking forward to it a lot because it was my first high-end makeup purchase. I feel that this is a waste of money. I'll stick to Maybelline's Purestay powder foundation. continued >>

on 11/13/2004 12:34:00 PM

I like this product, in general, because it gives decent coverage (not perfect--my skin's kind of blotchy--but decent) and doesn't look cakey on my skin. Unfortunately, it also doesn't come in a light enough shade for me. I have the lightest shade available and, though it seems to start out tolerably well, within just a few minutes it's absorbed any and all oil on my skin and looks a good couple of shades darker than when I put it on. This makes my face significantly darker than my neck/chest. It also seems to make my skin oilier faster. I've just switched to MAC Studio Fix, mostly because it comes in a lighter shade, so we'll see how that goes.

on 10/5/2004 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

My favorite powder..I hate wearing powder and I have never liked it, but this one does not look heavy or chalky on the skin. You can apply wet or dry...I have found the best way to apply is to use the circular sponge it comes with and throw away the velour puff, since the puff absorbs oil and tends to streak. I also get really good results using a powder brush. This powder gives very even coverage, makes skin look absolutely flawless and comes in a pretty good array of shades, and also in regular and fragrance-free formulas.

on 7/27/2004 3:43:00 PM

I decided to try the Dual Finish powder b/c I got it on special at the Duty Free. I found after just two uses, my skin was breaking out and it didn't control my oily T-zone at all. When you put the powder on, it looks absolutely flawless, but due to the breakouts and inconsistency to controlling oily skin, I wouldn't recommend it.

on 7/25/2004 11:09:00 PM

If you have acne prone skin DO NOT USE THIS!!! It will break you out really bad. I used it for a weak and I got five new big pimples. I was trying to hide my acne scar, but instead looked like a pizza face. It is an expensive powder and it has a really strong scent. Don't waste your money. Luckily I was able to return it.

on 6/11/2004 11:58:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product! It does cover my redness and control my oil fairly well, but it looks so cakey and dry on my face. Also, I am petrified that it will eventually break me out because the box it comes in does not say "oil-free" or "non-codmegenic."

I am usually a huge Lancome fan and a big dual finish person but was not at all impressed by this product. I have dry skin and this product looked like a shield on my face. It did not settle and left a bumpy appearance on my face all day. I love other Lancome foundations but did not like this particular one at all

My mother loves Lancome, so of course when I first started using powder, my mom introduced me to the Dual Finish powder. This can be used wet if you want the maximum coverage, and dry for minimum to medium coverage. I tried using it wet, and by mid-day my face looked really cakey and oily. I was only in high school! Then when I tried to use it dry, it covered well and looked nice. However, when my oily skin started to act up and I tried to touch up it would blotch. I don't mind the smell, in fact I think it smells quite nice. Now they've come out with a Dual Finish Fragrance Free, so stop complaining already! I used the color Matte Buff II. Sometimes it blended w/my skin in the winter, but got really orangey in the summer, so it looked like my face was darker than my body! I would not buy this again, though I still love most of Lancome products. In case anyone wants to know, MAC makes a similiar powder to this but it's a pressed powder called Select Sheer/Pressed Powder. MUCH BETTER, and it's not cakey. Or, I stick with my STudio FIx.