NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder - Translucent

Price: $

on 4/29/2010 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

You get a lot of product for what you paid for and it sets my foundation perfectly. It's also very cheap. The only con is that when you shake it out, it can go all over the place.

on 1/30/2010 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wanted to love it but it totally makes me break out. I have used this maybe seven times and every time end up with bumps on my nose. I don't have sensitive skin or acne prone skin either but I must be allergic to some ingredient. Despite the breakouts it works fine at setting makeup and giving a light matte finish.

on 11/20/2009 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The way to avoid getting this product to be so messy is to NOT pull back the entire sticker that is held on top of the product. I did this and just tap a bit on the inside lid and swirl it around with my eco tools kabuki brush, apply it over my foundation and it works really well at setting your make up. This product is very cheap too, I got it at pharma plus for $3.29 and would definitely buy it again, however this stuff will last me forever so maybe I won't need to. I was going to get the MAC prep and prime powder, but decided to try this out since it's so cheap first and I am glad that I did.

this product is alright in a pinch but i find that its quite chalky and doesn't cover all that well. I could feel it sitting on my skin with in an hour and it didn't absorb much oil. over all this product is ok and it could work for some people but for me its a no.

Pretty good...It does a great job of setting foundation and isn't too dark for my very pale skin. I use it over my powder foundation on my t-zone now for extra shine fighting. The packaging sucks though, you couldn't bring it along in your purse for sure it would spill all over (that's why I took off a lippy). I put some in one of those brushes with the container for a handle..you just shake it and the powder comes out into the brush...that works fine.

on 10/19/2008 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder. It's very finely milled IMO and isn't obvious when on. You also get a lot for your money.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I started using this product a couple of days ago after reading so many good reviews...and because I'd like to spare my Lancome :)
So far it's a really good powder, it keeps the oil at bay for 3 hours or so (great in my case since I have very oily skin and usually need touch ups every 2 hours :O ). I use it on top of my Olay touch of foundation and the effect is nice, it leaves my skin feeling soft and cool, not cake-y and not heavy. It doesn't offer great coverage, but evens out skin tone and texture, which is great for me since I like showing off the natural color on my cheeks instead of applying blush :)
It doesn't feel like the kind of product that makes my skin breaks out (CG clean gives me bumps in just a couple of hours) I'll update on this point.
The package is crappy though, so I need to find a better one to be able to take the powder with me for touch-ups.
Final word: it's not my HG loose powder but could be a runner up :)

The best bargain I've found while reading reviews on MUA. Thanks guys. Even on my Asian med.to tan skin it works great. Sets makeup great and I will definitely buy this in lieu of Cliniques' translucent powder.

on 8/7/2008 4:13:00 PM

The product itself is decent, especially for the price. Very natural blending and good at reducing oiliness. However, it doesn't completely eliminate shine, nor does it have much staying power. Finally, the packaging is downright terrible. Try traveling with it, and I guarantee you'll up with Loose Translucent Powder everywhere when you open the lid.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm generally a makeup snob after spending lots of money on drugstore brands that do not live up to the hype. With that being said though, I have been wanting to try this for such a long time because of the good reviews and price, but it was never in any of the stores where I live. I finally found this at Ulta and for $2.99, this has compared to a lot of other expensive powders I have tried.

I have super oily skin in the summer, so I do not know how this would be on dry skin. I apply this over my foundation and then touch up during the day. I bought the translucent shade and it sets my makeup ok, but after a few hours I still have to touch up. Actually, I have yet to find a decent oil controlling powder that doesn't cake up or look splotchy when I touch up a few times.

The main downside is the packaging. Be very careful because a LOT of the product comes out and has a tendency to spill out of the container. Good for the price.

UPDATE: I do not use this anymore. I started using silica powder that ended up working a lot better for me, and I no longer have to touch up numerous times during the day.