Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser

Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser
Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin CleanserHibiclens Antiseptic Skin CleanserHibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser

4.6

Active ingredient: Chlorhexidine gluconate solution 4.0 w/v. Inactive Ingredients: Fragrance, gluconolactone, isopropyl alcohol 4 w/v, lauramine oxide, poloxamer 237, purified water, and red 40.

on 7/21/2018 2:20:00 PM

This product saved me from a nightmare with my dog. She’s had a skin condition since she was a baby and it was year around but every time summer came the hot weather made her condition rapidly worsen. I tried many products, changed her food and the vet gave her antibiotics And nothing helped. One day I was just a mess thinking about how bad I felt for her. It dawned on me that I hadn’t tried Hebiclens and I had a huge bottle in the bathroom so I tried it. Didn’t really have high hopes but in just two days, her hair was growing back. Now, it’s the middle of the summer and she has all her fur!! I have to bathe her at least once a month in it or it will get bad again but I am okay with that!

on 8/11/2018 3:53:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I had a reoccurring outbreak of folliculitis on one of my temples and my derm recommended that I was the area with hibiclens. I purchased it that same day, washed with it that night and by the next morning there was no sign of the folliculitis. It was like it had never been there at all, my skin looked flawless. I was so impressed that I came on MUA and read all the great reviews about how people use it for acne so I decided to give it a shot. I was having a small hormonal breakout on my cheeks so I massaged the hibiclens into just the areas where I was breaking out, left it on for a few minutes, washed it off and let it air dry. By the next day my breakout was flat and no longer inflamed. A true miracle worker, I will never be without this.

on 8/25/2018 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I use the foam dispenser version. I shower w/ my normal body wash then apply Hibiclens under my pits while I finish up in the shower then rinse. No more must! Ever since I had DD, no deodorant/antiperspirant can control my pit funk. This stuff does.

on 8/28/2018 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Life-changing.

I have suffered from cystic acne for 7 years now and have exhausted all treatments bar accutane. I have changed my diet, tried natural remedies, and tried everything my dermatologist could think of. Some products/ lifestyle changes have helped reduce my cystic acne, but I could never quite shake it. Until hibiclens.

I read about it online and was a little nervous about trying something so strong on my face, but I was desperate. I bought the 32 oz bottle from Amazon and a foaming pump (highly recommend) and decided to give it a try. I first tested a small amount on my arm and didn't react so I then applied some to my face. I used a thin layer of it mixed with a little water and left it on for 3-5 minutes.

This wasn't an overnight cure, but over the next few days I realized I wasn't developing any new spots, and the ones I currently had were diminishing. I started using it anywhere else on my body that had any acne (be careful though, and read the warnings) and my skin all over started to clear up. Within about 10 days my skin was almost clear. It was amazing.

I've been using it now for about 4 weeks and my skin has gone back and forth a bit - it's steadily about 90% clear with a few spots that have been there for a long time popping up but the hibiclens seems to really be clearing them up. I am now regularly getting compliments on my skin from friends and strangers. It's honestly a bit overwhelming. My skin hasn't look this good since I was probably about 10 years old.

I'm currently using it in conjunction with Sunday Riley Luna Oil, the Neutrogena Light Therapy Mask, Olehenriksen C-rush Brightening Creme, and colloidal silver. My goal is to eventually taper the hibiclens, but right now I'm using it once or twice a day. I am so, so, so happy that I have found this and I really hope other people discover hibiclens as well - I wish I'd known about this years ago. Cystic Acne used to rule my life and determine what kind of day I'd have. Now I feel like I have control of my life back. It isn't a cure-all; I still have some spots occasionally but they're totally manageable, and they're nothing like before.

I highly recommend trying this product if you've exhausted all other options. It is strong and there are risks to using it, but I am so grateful that I took a chance with it.

I bought this hoping to find something that would miraculously clear my bacne that I've suffered from for over 20 years now. I'm 36, if that matters.
I started using this a week ago, give or take a day or two and was currently dealing with some awful, ugly pimples in my armpit area and an awful breakout on my back. And before anyone reads this thinking it's some skin rotting flesh disease of the armpit, whatever it's called IT'S NOT!! The breakouts on my armpits are not painful at all, there's no nasty foul smelling fluid leaking from my pits that signifies an infection and it doesn't look like my flesh is rotting so no, it's not some skin rotting condition that is affecting my armpits/groin whatever other area of the body that skin condition affects. And yes, it is completely possible to experience actual acne in the armpit area without it being some skin rotting condition.
Anyways, I started using this last Tuesday IIRC. And that is when the breakouts on my face started, I broke in spots on my face I NEVER break at such as my nose (the one on the side of my nose is huge and red! I'm so embarrassed), between my brows, above my mouth and cheek area and a small smattering of tiny angry red whiteheads on my forehead. Even as a teen I never broke out on my forehead and yet, there's a breakout there. It's as if this crap is literally feeding my acne. I used it on my armpit breakout also and overnight the red angry pimples on my pits were bigger and way more red. And they're still there, a week later. My face was clear before using this. And then I had to fvck up my face after so much work I put into clearing my facial acne by thinking my face could benefit from Hibiclens. And now I have to figure out how to undo all the damage I did thanks to this useless shit. Clearly I'm pissed as I write this review with tears of anger and frustration streaming down my face, if you couldn't tell.
Oh, and my bacne? Yeah, Hibiclens made it way worse. I thought the breakout on my back was pretty bad and that it couldn't get any worse. I was wrong. This stuff caused more bacne. Oh, and I'm also dealing with a breakout on my chest too since I thought my chest would benefit from this awful crap since I do occasionally get very minor breakouts there too and I do tend to get an oily chest area just like my back.
If you made it this far, please heed my caution and take into account my experience with Hibiclens. I will only be using a Sulfur based wash from here on out since it seems that's the only thing that really seems to help my acne/bacne.
I feel so pissed and frustrated cause of how bad my facial acne is now, acne I didn't have before using this and the fact that Hibiclens made my bacne and armpit breakout worse. I now know the only 2 options I have left to clear my bacne and body acne is Spironolactone and Accutane since I've tried every acne treatment out there, both OTC and Rx (birth control, Differin, antibiotics, etc).
I now have nearly a gallon jug of this stuff, unopened and a small bottle I bought from Walgreen's thinking this stuff would be the miracle cure I needed to finally clear my bacne. And I'm pissed cause that's money I can't get back and I can't use this stuff or else I risk more breakouts.
The thing that makes me cry is reading all the glowing reviews. The ones where they saw immediate results in a matter of hours and even days and all I can do is think "why can't this be me?" Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for those that have had way worse acne than me and finally found their miracle product. But, why can't this be my miracle product too?
I want to continue for another week, I'm trying to talk myself into not quitting so soon into using this. I may or may not depending on how bad my facial breakout gets. If it gets any worse then I will need to stop using this.
I will come back and update this review if I do end up sticking with it.