Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser

4.7

on 8/28/2018 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Life-changing.

I have suffered from cystic acne for 7 years now and have exhausted all treatments bar accutane. I have changed my diet, tried natural remedies, and tried everything my dermatologist could think of. Some products/ lifestyle changes have helped reduce my cystic acne, but I could never quite shake it. Until hibiclens.

I read about it online and was a little nervous about trying something so strong on my face, but I was desperate. I bought the 32 oz bottle from Amazon and a foaming pump (highly recommend) and decided to give it a try. I first tested a small amount on my arm and didn't react so I then applied some to my face. I used a thin layer of it mixed with a little water and left it on for 3-5 minutes.

This wasn't an overnight cure, but over the next few days I realized I wasn't developing any new spots, and the ones I currently had were diminishing. I started using it anywhere else on my body that had any acne (be careful though, and read the warnings) and my skin all over started to clear up. Within about 10 days my skin was almost clear. It was amazing.

I've been using it now for about 4 weeks and my skin has gone back and forth a bit - it's steadily about 90% clear with a few spots that have been there for a long time popping up but the hibiclens seems to really be clearing them up. I am now regularly getting compliments on my skin from friends and strangers. It's honestly a bit overwhelming. My skin hasn't look this good since I was probably about 10 years old.

I'm currently using it in conjunction with Sunday Riley Luna Oil, the Neutrogena Light Therapy Mask, Olehenriksen C-rush Brightening Creme, and colloidal silver. My goal is to eventually taper the hibiclens, but right now I'm using it once or twice a day. I am so, so, so happy that I have found this and I really hope other people discover hibiclens as well - I wish I'd known about this years ago. Cystic Acne used to rule my life and determine what kind of day I'd have. Now I feel like I have control of my life back. It isn't a cure-all; I still have some spots occasionally but they're totally manageable, and they're nothing like before.

I highly recommend trying this product if you've exhausted all other options. It is strong and there are risks to using it, but I am so grateful that I took a chance with it.

on 8/25/2018 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I use the foam dispenser version. I shower w/ my normal body wash then apply Hibiclens under my pits while I finish up in the shower then rinse. No more must! Ever since I had DD, no deodorant/antiperspirant can control my pit funk. This stuff does.

on 8/11/2018 3:53:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I had a reoccurring outbreak of folliculitis on one of my temples and my derm recommended that I was the area with hibiclens. I purchased it that same day, washed with it that night and by the next morning there was no sign of the folliculitis. It was like it had never been there at all, my skin looked flawless. I was so impressed that I came on MUA and read all the great reviews about how people use it for acne so I decided to give it a shot. I was having a small hormonal breakout on my cheeks so I massaged the hibiclens into just the areas where I was breaking out, left it on for a few minutes, washed it off and let it air dry. By the next day my breakout was flat and no longer inflamed. A true miracle worker, I will never be without this.

on 7/21/2018 2:20:00 PM

This product saved me from a nightmare with my dog. She’s had a skin condition since she was a baby and it was year around but every time summer came the hot weather made her condition rapidly worsen. I tried many products, changed her food and the vet gave her antibiotics And nothing helped. One day I was just a mess thinking about how bad I felt for her. It dawned on me that I hadn’t tried Hebiclens and I had a huge bottle in the bathroom so I tried it. Didn’t really have high hopes but in just two days, her hair was growing back. Now, it’s the middle of the summer and she has all her fur!! I have to bathe her at least once a month in it or it will get bad again but I am okay with that!

on 4/25/2018 11:45:00 AM

I love this product. I have the foam pump bottle and the original liquid too. I have had little red bumps on my legs for years that seem to be worse in the winter. The dermatologist has given me many scripts for different creams and nothing works and it can be difficult to cover the large areas. I starting using Hibiclens on my legs and no more problems. My skin is soft and clean with no rash. I have also been using it to clean under my arms, I used to get itchy on warm days and that problem has also resolved with this cleanser. I have not used it on my face as of yet. I can't say enough about how well this has worked for me. What a find!!!!

on 4/15/2018 11:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I discovered this amazing soap via the HS sufferers' community about five years ago. It truly is a godsend, and being Canadian and living near the border will make the three hour trip to the pharmacy at Wegmans in Niagara Falls, NY to purchase this. The larger sized containers can be ordered in, and will come with a foam dispensing pump that screws into the top once the lid is removed, which is handy. I would never be without this.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Tip: This product is easier to use and control with the foam dispenser. Either buy the larger size that has the foam dispenser or re-use foam hand wash containers from other companies. I re-use the Bath and Body Works containers. I have one in the shower and one at the sink. This makes it much easier to use and apply without waste.

Been struggling with cystic acne for years. Desperate as I’m almost 67. I get multiple breakouts every day or two and can’t keep up with them. BP and Trenitoin are extremely harsh and leave me with a lot of pain. Differin is a bit more gentle but still not particularly effective. I have a derm appointment in the next few days. I’ve also ordered a Neutrogena Light Mask and spot device.
MEANWHILE...I found a bottle of Hibiclens left over from my knee replacement so mixed a few drops into my Aveeno Ultra Calming Foam Cleanser and left it on the lower part of my face (chin/jaw) for the time it took to take a shower. Before applying this, I used my Clarisonic with Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Cleanser. I haven’t seen any new bumps and am hoping I might have an edge on this current flare-up. Cystic acne is a huge, time-consuming, expensive, heartbreaking hassle that threatens to take over my life. Hibiclens seems to help. Wish me luck!

on 10/8/2017 2:08:00 AM

This stuff has been a godsend for the hormonal acne that has erupted on my jaw and cheeks since I stopped taking the pill about a month ago.

Before turning to Hibiclens, I had tried benzoyl peroxide, AHAs, BHAs, drying lotion, oil cleansing, and hydrocolloid bandages. While none of these methods were completely useless, they were no match against the painful, cystic acne that I didn't even have when I was a teenager. It was red, full of pus, and made it painful to move my face.

Enter Hibiclens, which I randomly read about on reddit. You can buy it from Amazon on the cheap. Mine is the original red-coloured formula and it actually has pump for easier dispensing. The stuff I have dispenses as a foam.

Today was the fourth day in a row that I used Hibiclens. There are still cysts on my jaw and cheeks but I would say that 60-70% of them have cleared. Most are no longer swollen; they're now all quite flat and much less red than they were before. A week ago, I had about 20 blind/cystic pimples. Right now, about 5 of them are still visibly inflamed and slightly painful when touched. That's a huge improvement to me for sure.

I want to mention that I am EXTREMELY careful about applying this to my face. I'm terrified about its potential to cause perforated eardrums and blindness if it were to get in my ears or eyes, so I'm really deliberate about my application.

First, I cleanse with my normal cleanser. Then, I use a cotton round to apply Hibiclens to my jaw and cheeks. I leave the solution on my skin for a few minutes (5-10) before carefully removing it with a wet face cloth.

I've read comments saying that you're not supposed to apply anything over top of it (like, for example, some people say you're not supposed to wash with Hibiclens and then apply a moisturizer) as apparently this neutralizes the solution and thus renders treatment ineffective. But I don't know how true that is because personally, I've layered on things like moisturizer, sunscreen, and makeup once I've let my face dry. So, after I've done my Hibiclens wash, I wait about 20 minutes before applying moisturizer, sunscreen, and makeup and this has worked out just fine. I just don't like the idea of leaving my skin to shrivel up after doing such a drastic cleanse.

Considering that Hibiclens is probably doing some damage to my moisture barrier, I wouldn't recommend using this unless you're truly desperate. But for me, I couldn't even get 10% Benzoyl Peroxide to make a visible difference on my cystic acne, so I felt a more extreme measure was warranted. I'd rather baby my dry, vulnerable skin and be extra gentle with it for a long time going forward than feel as if I can't leave the house due to ugly, painful acne that's impossible to cover up with makeup.

So if you feel like you've tried everything out there to cure your painful, unsightly, cystic acne, and yet nothing has worked for you, I'd say give Hibiclens a shot. Just...ask your doctor first because of all the associated warnings.

on 5/29/2017 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a medical grade cleanser. My sister, a nurse practitioner told me about Hibiclens when I developed MRSA (scary stuff). Whenever I or my family has a cut, abrasion or infection, Hibiclens is my go-to cleanser.