e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

e.l.f. Cosmetics Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter

3.4

Highlight Ingredient: Aqua(Water), Isododecane, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/Dimethicone, Synthetic Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Green Tea Extract, Caffeine, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: Iron Oxides(CI 77891, CI 77892, CI 77899), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Concealer Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Caprylic/Caprictri Glycerides, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Sodium Acrylate/Acryldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadeane, Polysorbate 80, Behenyl Alcohol, Mica, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xathan Gum, Chamomile Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I feel the concealer did nothing in terms of covering up any imperfections. If anything it probably emphasized any lines under my eyes. I use it more of a base than concealer. The highlighter is too sparkly for me so I have to use very tiny amounts so I don't look like a glitter ball exploded on my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

really good although if you're thinking of buying it i recommend getting a colour darker than you think you need, i have the palest (although olive) skin and the palest concealer is pretty much white on me.
not amazing coverage, i still have visible dark circles under my eyes but it does help and adds a nice glow.
the highlighter is great i use it under my eyebrows, stays in place and isn't too thick or obvious.

basically, great subtle concealer but be careful of it being too pale!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I suppose I should consider myself lucky that this inexpensive product worked so well for me based on all the lackluster reviews. I have been reading reviews on here for years and this product actually compelled me to write my first review. It is EXACTLY what ive been looking for. I have tried all kinds of concealers, in a myriad of prices ranges, and they all left me wanting more....too dry or too cakey, or just generally heavy feeling. I am soooo thrilled with this purchase! Both the concealer and highlighter are dreamy! I will definitely be going back to my local target stores to buy them all out lol.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i gave to this product 3 only because i love the Highlighter side!! The concealer is really weak and does not cover AT ALL my under eye bags. Im currently using Studio Fix MAC and thats a great one... but concerning the Highlighter I'm totally satisfied. I love the way gives light to all my under eye and cheek area. It blends well with my skin and it stays all day... I hope can find the highlighter separately from the concealer since that is totally a waste!

on 2/7/2013 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have dry skin, with an exceptionally dry under eye area, with almost non-existent bags/discolouration/purple-suitcases-from-lack-of-sleep.

The packaging isn't anything to write home to your mother about, but it's probably the most practical way to package the duo, and I haven't had any problems with leakage, so kudos to Elf.

The concealer side of the product is pretty thin to be honest, I would actually go so far as to say that the coverage is on par with a bb cream. It's really thin and thus has pretty thin coverage.
But because I really don't anything heavy-duty (for my under eyes, anyway) I find it lightweight and pleasant.

However, the standout here is the highlighter side. I really hope they start to sell it separately, because I use it a lot and I have many other concealers to use up.

For a fair skinned girl, the highlighter is just so subtle but looks amazing, it really is one of the best products I've used from Elf.
It's really fantastic if you have dry skin, and are sick of the generic pink-toned highlighters.

The lasting power isn't as good as I'd like, but you get what you pay for I suppose.
If they sell the highlighter separately, I'd definitely repurchase!

on 2/2/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

The packaging broke when I received it. It had highlighter part oozing out of the tube. Fixed it with superglue.

Used the highlighter maximum twice. The concealer claims that it's supposed to be for UNDER EYE area. I find it to not do the job well at all. The coverage is sheer. If you build it, it just looks very oily. Even if you set it with powder after, it will just smudge right away.

Ditching this for good.

If you've never used a concealer before, this is the perfect product for you. It's cheap and the perfect place to start. It covers my under eye dark circles and doesn't go into my wrinkles. It is a bit creamy but it's perfect for my skin. I use the highlight on both sides of my eyes , one dot on the inside of my eyes and one dot on the outsides.

on 1/19/2013 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this concealer because it was an emergency and they didn't have the one i usually get BUT I am so glad I did! For me this is wonderful! The coverage is sheer, but it does work. I have pretty dark under eye circles but something about this concealer works so well to make my under eye area awake. It also looks super natural, and the color blends in fantastically. Its light weight sheer coverage but for days that you need to it is defiantly build able. Best of all it dosnt crease AT ALL or get cakey. I have had this problem with so many other concealers..by the end of the day they would be gross and creased and vhj YUCK! But this one dosnt at all. The packaging though is appealing but is bad quality, and I would recommend you using the highlighter for its purpose although it could work as eyeshadow maybe..LAST even though it looks like there isnt much in there it lasted me forever and was on three dollars!

on 1/14/2013 11:13:00 AM

Totally not for undereye circles..

I wouldn't not recommend for a heavy duty concealer or even for minor blemishes. It has very very sheer coverage, and it is a very watery consistency. It is good for highlighting cheekbones, cupidbows, browbones, and illuminating under your eyes. Not bad for a very cheap product.

Popular Eyes Products