Philosophy Very Emollient Lip Shine - s'mores

No Image

4.5

on 12/23/2008 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even though I originally intended to buy the Red Velvet lip shine, the smell of this intrigued me. It has a sweet scent that reminded me of gooey melted marshmallows...like a s'more! Although I worried the glitter would be too gaudy, it's very subtle on the lips. It also has a smooth texture and just enough stickiness to make it feel right. The only downside was the taste. It just doesn't taste as good as it smells which was kind of disappointing, which is why I took off a lippie. Yet the fact that it is a long lasting gloss and that it makes my lips feel happy more than makes up for this!

on 12/13/2008 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

MWAH! and Yum-O! I'm-a stocking up on this! It smells and tastes just like real S'Mores - minus the fat and calories! Despite looking glittery white in the tube, it goes on clear and shimmery, not chunky-glittery. It lasts, is non-sticky, and conditioning too. This lipgloss has it all. NOM NOM NOM.

ETA: I tried this out on my mom today (she is in her 70's). She LOVED it. Guess what she's getting as a Chrissie stocking stuffer?

on 11/21/2008 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Smells and tastes really good..like graham crackers! Will definitely buy this again.

on 11/14/2008 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is absolutely terrific. I have to be very careful with lip balms and glosses because so many of them dry my lips or irritate them. I usually avoid glosses with glitter since one by a brand that I'm usually OK with turned out to be a big mistake; it was actually as if I had paper cuts in my lips and they took days to heal.

But this is fabulous, in spite of the flavourings, fragrance and glitter - not only does it taste wonderful, hot chocolate and marshmallows, and it is a very effective moisturising balm, but it looks very good too. Although it's white it makes my lips look soft and baby pink.

I'd been wary about Philosophy's lip shines but I will be getting more.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

OMG the taste of this lipgloss is THE BEST. Seriously. Chocolate and marshmallow. I don't taste graham crackers in here but a it is wonderful chocolate marshmallow lipgloss. Not sticky but a better formula than the Red Kiss Me Balm. The color is a semi-clear white sparkly gloss that looks great over lipstick or lipliner. Fabulous. The only downside to this and all Philosophy gloss is that the lasting power isn't the best. A few hours tops. But it tastes so good you'll want to reapply it a LOT. Very moisturizing, much more so than the Red Kiss Me balm and tastes SO much better. Yum.