Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.4

on 6/16/2009 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted a slight glow without too much color and that is exactly what I got with this shimmer brick. I'm so pleased with it. It gives me a lovely glow and it looks beautiful over my Maui bronzer. A light hand is needed with this, a little goes a long way.

on 6/10/2009 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this at a CCO for $28, and I am so glad I bought it! It gives just the perfect amount of glow, without looking glittery at all. I think it's a LE product, but I just saw it on the BB website, so I guess it's still available. It's my first shimmer brick, but I'm definitely looking forward to trying more out!

on 5/8/2009 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Copper Diamond is my 2nd Shimmerbrick. the first being the original Bronze one.

This one builds like the Bronze with a different color strips:
champagne, dark gold, warm light copper, bronze (same color strip as the 3rd one down from the top in the original Bronze shimmerbrick), and light warm gold.

All in all, good for when I want a candle-glowy hue as opposed to color - which I want when I'm doing a smoky eye. I also combine over my regular blush for a warm glow.

This is one of those things where I can layer it over my Bronzer or Bronze Shimmerbrick when I want to lower the color volume and not sacrifice glow. Previous to this purchase, I was using powder foundation to tone down the color but I ended up looking too dusty even when tapping the excess off with my brush.

Comes in a goldish compact with a leather-look center, which is good cuz then I'm not confusing it with my other Shimmerbrick.

Would definitely repurchase - have to order it online from bobbibrowncosmetics.com since its no longer sold at the counters.

on 5/8/2009 12:51:00 AM

I love this highlighter! I have yellowish undertones to my skin, and this product gives my skin a subtle glow, nothing extreme. It is expensive, but its LE so I went ahead and bought a spare because I loved it so much! I've used it daily for about 2m and I've barely made a dent in it. I use the face blender brush to apply it. I do think the size of the compact could be much smaller for the amount of product inside. The mirror is great though.

on 4/10/2009 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This was a disappointment. I kept hearing how nice this Shimmer Brick looked on warm skintones, so I bought it when BB was having their sale. Unfortunately, it arrived broken and crushed on one side, but I decided to try it out anyway. I am pretty sallow bare-faced and Copper Diamond just made those undertones come out even more instead of counteracting it. So, back it went...NC 30/35, BB Warm Beige 3.5, Shiseido O40, BE Golden Medium, EM Golden Medium for reference.

on 3/20/2009 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have a compulsion to buy every single shimmerbrick Bobbi comes out with, and I was so happy when a friend purchased this for me for my birthday. It's similar to Sandstone but more golden and less brown, but not as gold as the Gold shimmerbrick and more pigmented, and the shimmer is finer than the Gold as well. On my fair skin it works alone if I use a slightly heavy hand, but it's also nice layered over bronzer. I think this would be most useful on fair/medium skin tones (on dark skin the color probably wouldn't show up, only shimmer.) I took off a lipstick only because most of the colors don't work on my eyes - for some reason as eye shadow they appear too warm - but this is a nice buy as a blush/highlighter. I will definitely be using this a lot in the summer!

on 2/12/2009 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, so I found this at a CCO. It looked pretty and I loved the gold compact. I thought I may have a Milani shimmer stripes at home similar but got it anyway. All I can say is WOW...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. I went back and bought 3 more the next day. I am fair/pale and can't really wear much color on my cheeks or I look like I have rosacea. This just makes me GLOW in a fair-skinned kinda way. It gives me subtle color with some shimmer that's not too much for my 35 year old skin. This would look good on anyone!

on 2/9/2009 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

my first BB Shimmerbrick and I'm happy. bought it at holiday time while looking for something special for the parties and wow! did it work! it's the only thing I added to my day makeup for the evening and suddenly men-people were telling me I looked terrific. in fact, that happens whenever I wear it. so, of course, I would buy it again. and maybe try the Bronze, too, since this is a bit more golden than it is coppery.

on 1/30/2009 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

this shimmer brick gives me a gorgeous gold glow.
it makes my cheekbones stand out in a really nice way. it's amazing on my tan skin.
Packaging: lovely. i like it!
Texture: soft & smooth.
Price: hella expensive. but i dont really mind.
would i buy this again? no. i'm sure i will find better colors in the future.

EDIT: 29/5
its OTT shimmer & somehow it doesnt look good on my yellow toned or tan skin. up for the swap it goes.

This is the second shimmer brick that I have bought (Bronze was my first) and although I like it, I can't say that I love it as much as the one I had bought a few years ago. I agree with previous reviewers, this compact contains more gold tones than copper. It gives me a light, golden hue on my cheeks and works well on eyes, however I don't think it is nearly as pigmented or shimmery as my Bronze shimmer brick is. I also find the packaging beautiful and sophisticated, however it is a bit chunky in my makeup bag. Overall, I do like this shimmer brick, but I wouldn't repurchase it, even if it wasn't LE. Ladies with fairer skin or those looking for more subtle shimmer might like this better, but this only got me craving a new Bronze shimmer brick (which I just bought this weekend!)