New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/12/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cheap & Does what i want. Great product. doesnt leave my face powderly lookin

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This in translucent is great for keeping in my purse to make the mid-day greasies disappear. it has a nice big mirror, and i haven't broke the mirror, compact, or powder once and this is my third or fourth compact. lasts a long time, but i maybe use it just once a day. i tossed the sponge and use my ecotools travel brush with it and am very happy. zero complaints and I will keep buying again and again.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this compressed powder! Im on my third compact !
Ive purchased two in beige/tan and one now in translucent beige
i love them all !
such a great price for something that works so well! the only thing i found was that since the compact is kinda cheap, if you drop it, the powder cracks easily, but other than that it is totally worth it !

on 5/23/2010 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

What a great powder for $3! I was going to buy MAC blot, but this works great. I'm super pale (MUFE 110), so I bought the translucent shade. Works extremely well as a blot powder and doesn't change the color of my makeup. I simply sets and blots. I really do like this and I'm glad I didn't spend the money on MAC. The compact is cheapy cheap, but heck, for $3 I don't care. It's easy to carry in your purse and it hasn't caused break outs. I will definitely repurchase.

EDIT: I still like this powder, but I have found you have to use it sparingly or it does start to look cakey. Use a light touch.

on 4/3/2010 9:08:00 PM

I have two of these, one for on the go and one at home. It keeps the shinies away. It's no-frills powder. It won't make you look luminous, but it will set makeup and matte you up. I threw away the useless foam puff that comes with it. I just sweep my powder brush over the compact and apply. Not sure how this would look on someone darker than I. It's a great match for the PPP out there.

on 2/16/2010 11:48:00 PM

I bought this to use at school and I love it! I was tired of having expensive face powders crack in my back pack so I went out and bought this one.

First off the powder is pressed very well into the pan! I did some test drops, and it didn't crack at all! But it did make it harder to close the compact.

The consistoncey is smooth but a bit on the chalcky side. I got it in light beige but it's very pale and white. I don't recommend using this as a foundation, because it doesn't have good color.

But I love using this to blot my nose, on the go. It takes a way all my oilyness and it doesn't cake up, plus there's a mirror!

on 2/10/2010 4:11:00 PM

Overall this is a good setting powder. I have it in translucent beige. I'm not sure if I'll buy this again because I want to try out other powders.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for a good pressed poweder because I was starting to get a little greasier throughout the end of the summer. So I was recommended this, and I couldn't be more happier. I keep one in my makeup bag and one in my purse. It's great to mattify your face and the color is perfect (it also comes in translucent if your worried about the color.) It's very cheap so i'll definitely keep purchasing it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this based on the reviews here.
I was happy that it kept oilies at bay for awhile, but eventually the oil on my face showed, as it always does, no matter what.
this is whiter than my ELF mineral Booster (which has the slightest pink sheen to it) and its more convienent as it is a compact.
The packaging SUCKS. it doesn't even have a hinge to open and close on, it has a piece of bent plastic to hold it.
The pink sponge it comes with is convienent if you're in a hurry, but I'd stick with a brush. as the sponge can apply too much powder in one place sometimes.
It's a good product for a really good price, but If there's anything better out there, I'm open-minded ...

on 12/28/2009 7:25:00 PM

This is the best powder I have ever used, and also happens to be the cheapest, at only $2-3 a compact. It sets face makeup, evens my skin tone, doesn't clog my pores, nor irritate my face or cause breakouts, and keeps the oil at bay. It doesn't make me look at all cakey or chalky, and it's convenient to have the mirror with the compact. I use a big powder brush instead of the included powder puff, which I usually throw out. I will continue to buy this!