New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide.

on 11/8/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i wanted to like this because of the great reviews and great price, but it wasn't helpful at all to my oily acne-prone skin. I applied it lightly after my liquid foundation with a kabuki brush and it looked okay, weird coloring tho (it made my foundation lighter) and although it didn't look caked on -it felt like it was.
after about twenty to thirty minutes my foundation went back to its normal color but my skin was an oil slick and i broke out.
I'll stick to silica to tame my oily skin.

I used to use this as a setting powder. It did do the job but as the years have gone on, I'm now combination & this does not stop oil.

I was really hoping for something with more coverage, but this is very sheer. Also, i found that if i applied it over a tinted or regular moisturizer, it made the powder turn orange, and if i applied it over foundation it looks REALLY cakey. It did help control a bit of shine, but if i had been sweating alot, and tried applying this, it would turn orange like it did over moisturizer. Its fine if you want something really sheer and just want to control a small amount of shine, but other then that, its completly useless.

This is my first pressed powder because I hadn't needed to use any face products before, but since my face has been breaking out as a get older, I thought it might be time to purchase a powder.

I got it at Target for 2.79, or something like that. It was very inexpensive.

Personally, I like it, but I don't have any other powders to compare it to. It does make me look a bit orange though. I have it in Naturally Beige.

It might be making me break out a little on my forehead; I can't really tell! hahaha

It does matte my face and leaves a very smooth finish, though.

The packaging is a little flimsy...

I don't think I would repurchase because I would like try other
product, but I do like this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Chalky, doesn't last long, dirt cheap. Nothing else worth mentioning.

on 8/21/2010 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so I developed acne scars because of this powder and it clogged my pores. I'll never use this again.

on 8/4/2010 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a great powder, though it works better if you spray your face with a light mist of setting spray before applying. I always make it an effort to use my setting spray before applying any kind of powdered product, so for me personally that one little step isn't a big deal.

The only draw back I have with this powder is that it doesn't last on me very long. I always buy my N.Y.C. powders in "Translucent", and even though it always blends perfectly into my skin, after an hour or so I notice that it just kind of fades away. Because of how perfectly this meshes into my own flesh, I'll continue to repurchase. If not for that then I'd take my money somewhere else.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So, I bought this product because of the cheap price yet surprisingly great reviews on here...but I don't see what the rave is about. The translucent powder definitely makes me look very pale and chalky and settles into all my fine lines and pores. Not sure about the oil control since I can't leave the house with it on! Horrible product on me. Will not repurchase.

EDIT - Well, after being so unhappy with this after all the great reviews, I decided to give it another chance. I reapplied it a little differently with another powder brush and it worked wonders for my skin! It was very silky...never had a powder that made my face feel like that before. It controlled my oil pretty well for $3. All in all, I'm glad I gave it a second chance - because now I'm raving about it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is ok. It does the job of taking the shine off my face, but it doesn't do much else. I agree that the sponge in it is crappy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

powder isn't really my thing. but, every once in a while, there is an occasion where i feel the need to whip out some powder. and this is the powder i will use. it works well and it is super cheap (not to mention, it's one of the only powders that actually matches my skin tone...). the sponge it comes with is a piece of crap, but we can't have everything, can we? so yes...i will continue to use this every time i am in the mood to wear powder.