New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

New York Color Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide.

It does the job of setting my makeup, its easy to take with you if you need to because of the nice compact package! and it was cheap! if you have dry patches like me use a little less than one your oily spots and your set to go!

on 4/6/2013 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It does an okay job at setting my makeup. It's more like an oil absorbing powder because of the kaolin in the powder. It looks cakey on my dry skin. The translucent isn't really translucent so if you have medium to dark skin tone it will show up and look ashy.

on 2/11/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Although it costs very little and isn't fancy by any means, I like this powder (in translucent) for setting my make-up into place. It's nothing special, but it does the trick. Keeps my face matte for a decent length of time and even when I do need to retouch, I don't feel bad about using more because I haven't spent more than a few dollars on it. I have extremely sensitive skin but haven't had any issues with it. It comes in a regular looking compact case with a mirror and a useless little sponge that I never end up using (a nice big brush works much better). I would recommend this to anyone who just wants a super cheap pressed powder that works...nothing more. Definitely worth every penny!

on 12/21/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very pale nw10 skin and the translucent shade is perfect. I apply with a powder brush and it seems a little powdery and light at first, but within 5 mains or so it settles Down into a lovely sheer finish that is not chalky or orangey, and it does not change the color of my foundation, and controls oil for hours. Very cheap too! Will buy as long as they make it!

on 12/15/2012 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I meant to purchase this in translucent, but I was not paying attention and bought natural beige instead. I am fair skinned, and this was way too light for me. I would much rather try the translucent one. The powder is smooth and does give a nice soft texture to the skin, but the color was just too light. I really like the packaging though, and it has a really nice mirror. I don't recommend using the powder applicator though, it is so thin and feels so cheaply made. Use a powder brush or different puff to apply it. I will not purchase this in natural beige again, but I will try the the translucent one.

on 12/12/2012 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Smooth skin? Psh. This product isn't that bad considering the price, but it isn't great either. It was the first powder I ever bought and it worked for me at first. But the more I used it the more unsatisfied I became. I realized that the powder was too powdery on my face, it was SO obvious that I had powder on! (I always wore it after applying my foundation) and it wasn't that I was using too much powder, I really wasn't. I bought a new different one, used it the same way, same amount and gave me flawless results compared to this powder.

The powder wasn't obvious under bad lighting, but once you went outside and to other places, under different lightings it was obvious.

The only good thing I have to say, is that the color shade was right, and it controlled my oily T-Zone.

For what I need from a pressed powder, this is just fine. The limited range in colours does not affect me, as my skin is very pale, and so the translucent shade is ideal. I especially love how it lightens my foundation, as I find it extremely difficult to find a good foundation in the right shade. It is definitely an essential item for me.
The only downside is the packaging, which is quite cheap looking... The applicator which comes with it isn't particularly good, either, but when you can buy a whole bag of make up sponges for a pound, that isn't particularly important.
I really like this; packaging aside, the product itself is great, and I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

For being DIRT CHEAP, this powder isn't THAT bad. The colour selection is horrible, I think there is like.. 3 shades to chose from. I bought Warm Beige, and it is WAY too light... not even beige at all. But I seem to make it work. It is pretty sheer, but it leaves a nice matte finish, which I love. Sometimes it looks a little chalky, and when using a powder brush, it almost turns into dust and gets everywhere. However, I would purchase again if I needed something cheap and quick.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I love how this product does not add color (Translucent shade), which is crucial for me and my pale foundations. Also, it adds a diffused light look and helps hide imperfections and give me that porcelain doll skin look. However, this does not get a "5" because it does very little to control oil :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

There's nothing remarkable about this product other than the price, considering how little variation in quality there is in pressed powder. I like it.