Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Coastal Scents Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow palette
Ultra Shimmer 88 eye shadow paletteCoastal Scents 88 Ulta Shimmer Palette

3.8

I love this palette -- and now on the coastal scents website it is only 21 dollars. the colors are beautiful and you can create so many different looks. the only thing i don't like is it's palette case-it's very very fragile.. so if you drop this palette,you're done. but if you take good care of it.. it's great. i just ordered the matte palette as well. the one i have ultra shimmer, and all the colors have a very pretty shimmer. it's pigmented well too.i recommend this product to everyone.

on 9/3/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I hardly leave any 5 or 4 star reviews but this is totally worth it.Pigmentation is great and it has a good staying power.There are 5-6 colours who turn out a bit chalky (some yellows and a blue electric) and not so great but overall I'm really satisfied with the value for money.I would actually give it 4.5 stars. Anyway I think it's pretty good for starters.....

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this palette 1 or 2 months ago,and when I first opened it,I feel so amazed by its variety of shimmer colors. I dont use it very much though,too much color too little time to play with. The brushs are quite useful too but I'd recommend you trying with your own eyeshadow brush,which should be hydrated by some wet tissues to apply the colors well,since they are powdery. Eye primer is a must-have item also.

I wont say that this is a product suitable for beginners, it can also be used for professional make up,as many artists in my country do.

The price isnt that cheap in here,due to the currency rate,but it worths.

I wont re-purchase it again,not because of the price or the quality,just cuz I'd prefer something I can carry around.

on 5/17/2010 9:47:00 AM

I love these eye shadows. I love shimmer, bright colors, and saving money. This is perfect! It has major fallout, but the color pay off, price and range of colors is totally worth it!

on 4/23/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Great pigmentation, great variety, great price. 'Nuff said.

I just got this yesterday and used it for the first time today - I rarely ever use any colors other than neutral browns, maybe some charcoals sometimes, but I was wanting to branch out into some pinks and purples. For just over $20 I figured I couldn't go wrong with this pallette. And I was right! Some people complain about the pigmentation being very faint - I disagree! I used some pinks and purples and the pigment was just fine. I had to "dip" my brush in several times to get the pink shade to my liking, but I actually prefer this as I can build the color up to the intensity that I choose. Bright colors that are too pigmented immediately upon application are not optimal for me. The darker purple color was fine with one application. Some have complained about not enough shimmer, or too much shimmer...I think it has the right amount of shimmer!

My one complaint is yes, there is a lot of fallout. In the future I will probably wait to apply my foundation until after I've done my eyes, and this problem will be solved.

So bottom line: is it the best eyeshadow out there? Absolutely not, but it is totally worth the money, and great for people like me who can't bring themselves to drop a ton of money on brands like Mac. I definitely recommend. I will probably pick up the warm pallete as well eventually.

I love the colors and have so much fun playing around doing a different look everyday. The only problem I have with this product is the glue that holds the little shadows down. I had one that was loose and now 4more are loose. that is the only problem I have had

on 12/26/2008 3:55:00 PM

I am so in love with this palette. It's actually my first palette, and my first eyeshadow purchase besides drug store products. I am amazed every day I use this at the beautiful, pigmented colors. Even without a base, the colors last HOURS. They are so rich and highly pigmented, you only need a tiny bit. I get compliments EVERY DAY that I wear colors from this palette.

I was disappointed at first with the size - it is so small and the actual amount of product you get is small, but when I started using it and realized just how little you have to use, I realized it will be a VERY long time before I run out.

If you don't like shimmer, you won't like this. They are VERY shimmery. But I like shimmer, so I AM IN LOVE!!!!