Lipstick Queen Medieval

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

I freaking LOVE this lipstick! It's basically just a really nice tinted balm, true, but it's super flattering, has cute-as-hell packaging, and a nice light feel. No fragrance or flavour thank god, so I don't end up licking it off immediately.

My only major gripes are the limited stockists (none in NZ anymore!) and the price - kinda expensive for what it is! Depends on your budget I guess.

Conclusion: super great casual lipstick for people with decent incomes (so, not students).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Normally, I wouldn't pay so much ($22) for a lip color, but the copy and the packaging sucked me in. Fortunately for me, I find this product to be worth the money. I like a bold red lip, but it can be a bit much for daytime wear and I also find that some pigmented red lip colors tend to fade unevenly, leaving an unpleasant look behind. Since I'm not the type that has a lot of time to constantly check my lipstick, this is a really great product. I find it moisturizing and easy to apply. On me, the color is a sheer rose red. It gives the lips a bright and sexy tint without being over the top and makes me look more polished overall. I think just about every skintone would look great with this color but of course, if your lips are very pigmented, you may not witness much of a payoff. If the price tag doesn't deter you or you manage to find yourself with a sample of this color, definitely give it a try. In spite of the price, I plan on repurchasing.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Had read about this product and then saw it in Ulta. I really love it. I am a fan of "sheer" color versus bold color and I like something that "stains" as it wears off versus leaving me with "ring around the mouth". This product meets these criteria. It's a flattering, berry shade of red and leaves behind a subtle red stain as it wears off. Easy to apply and is becoming my "go to" product. I like the packaging - simple, not too big or bulky. Another reviewer mentioned the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey as a better option but I would disagree. I found the Clinique product wore off and left nothing behind so I had to constantly re-apply. This product is one I will definitely buy again.

This is a sheer reddish berry. It may be because I am starting to like bold lips better, but I am not a fan. It is very sheer which is nice, but so replicable. I feel like lip smackers Dr. Pepper and ClInique's Black Honey are cheaper and more moisturizing versions of this. If you are looking for a neutral beginners red, there are better options out there. This is too expensive and sheer for what it is. Oh, and I hate the metal packaging, it's weird but the noise that it makes when I open it makes me cringe!

This is a sheer, rose lipstick. It is supposed to be red, but it definitely didn't play that way on my lips.

PROS: I really loved the emolliant quality. It was very moisturizing through the entire wear time and didn't get goopy when I reapplied. Also, unlike others I found it to be very buildable.

CONS: It was so sheer I needed several coats to get anything close to red (which I never quite achieved). The color faded significantly after about 2 hours (no eating or drinking).

I scored this on clearance at Anthropologie for $9.95. I don't think it is worth $20. I wanted to be madly in love with it, but we are just friends.

This lip product is versatile enough for every situation I'm in, looks natural and complements my NC15-20 coloring nicely.

I've had a hard time finding a lip color that looks great on my pale complexion, and isn't too dark or bright. If you have a skin tone like mine and can't find a good shade, try this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely sheer red lipstick. It goes on me as more of a pinkish-red than a true-red, but I like it nonetheless. There is no scent or taste, and it has a balmy look and feel that gives just a hint of color (my favorite texture for a lipstick, anyways). Its not really 'buildable' so its best for a more natural look. The staying power is typical of any sheer lipstick (1-2 hrs). I am strangely attracted to the Lipstick Queen brand, as much for the stories behind the products as I am for the products themselves. This was a bit pricey for me ($20 reg price, I think), though I got it during a 20% off promo from beauty.com. This is a versatile shade thatís easy to apply & wear. I would repurchase should I ever have the need.

This is a wearable red, quite moisturizing and comfortable to wear. The lasting power isn't great, but I don't mind that. So many reds are matte and drying. This one is not. It's a natural wash of red that goes well with a fair complexion. I'd recommend it for someone's first go at a red lipstick as it is sheer and not overbearing at all. Wonderful color and product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wanted to try this so badly after all the wonderful reviews. I love a sheer color lip. Not a big fan of heavy full lipsticks, but I think lipstick/tints, glosses just balance out the face nicely. I hunted all over town until I found a remote store that sold it, and ...meh. Wasn't a big fan of the texture, I thought it was kind of sticky. Though its suppose to flatter all skin tones it was still a little to 'pinky' on me for my taste. Wasn't impressed for the price of it. Would not repurchase. Gave it to my mom. She loves it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm not sure what to say about this product that hasn't been said already. The texture of this product is very nice. It feels smooth and glides on precisely, leaving a nice sheer neutral red color behind with some sheen. It is something like a cross between a tinted balm and a sheer lipstick. The color can be built up by applying more coats. It does not last long, however, so if you are looking to prolong the wear you will need to experiment with liners (perhaps Maybelline Color Sensational liner in Clear). I can't imagine this looking bad on anyone, though for reference I am very fair (NW10ish, wear BB foundations in Alabaster or Porcelain) with cool tones, though my lips are actually pigmented.

Update: I recently purchased Guerlain KissKiss in Red Love (#324), a really nice medium cool red. It doesn't serve the same purpose as Medieval, but purchasing Red Love makes me appreciate the sheerness and ease of application with Medieval--you can easily apply Medieval without a liner if you wish (though a liner wouldn't hurt), whereas with so many other red lippies, you almost HAVE to perfect your lip line with liner. And sometimes I just don't have time for that! :)